• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time for women to pony up[W:603]

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Why do women still expect men to pay for dates? Women seem to want all thing equal until the dinner bill comes, then all this equality crap goes out the window and they sit their on their liberated asses waiting for the man to pick up the bill. Any of you equal rights lady's care to explain that to me?

Re: Time for women to pony up

Why do women still expect men to pay for dates? Women seem to want all thing equal until the dinner bill comes, then all this equality crap goes out the window and they sit their on their liberated asses waiting for the man to pick up the bill. Any of you equal rights lady's care to explain that to me?

Women don't want equality. They want all the pros of being a woman, and none of the cons.

If they wanted equality, they'd bring kneepads along on dates where they want steak or lobster.

Even if they don't expect it, it is the right thing to do.

.I have never seen this happen especially with my generation where it is whoever ask who out on the date pays for the most part.

Then you've never been out to dinner with me. I've had to arm wrestle for it. :wink:

I thought you were married? A lot of women don't like men paying for them on dates because it makes them feel obligated. Isn't that why men pay for dinner?

There is plenty of women that want to pay. From my experience those women usually have issues that aren't worth dealing with though. Case in point, Moot and her obligated argument.

I thought you were married? A lot of women don't like men paying for them on dates because it makes them feel obligated. Isn't that why men pay for dinner?

So what about you moot, you split the bill? And yes I am married, my proposal to gottago was just a comment on her attitude.

I've been married for awhile but we keep separate bank accounts and when we go out sometimes I pay and sometimes he does. I might expect him to if its my birthday because I deserve it but then I always take him out on his birthday too.

I was under the impression that if you ask, you pay.

I've been married for awhile but we keep separate bank accounts and when we go out sometimes I pay and sometimes he does. I might expect him to if its my birthday because I deserve it but then I always take him out on his birthday too.

Once you are married there is no his and her money, all the money belongs to HER. :lol:

This thread = the definition of futility. Logic has nothing to do with it. We're talking about women here.

Totally. If I pay for dinner, I fully expect sex afterward just to get my money's worth. I'm owed. Usually though I just leave the check on the table and look at it, as we sit there awkwardly in silence, then maybe I'll fake cough a couple times while continuing to stare at the check in silence, until she finally gets the hint and picks up the tab.

Then I fully expect sex anyway.

So what about you moot, you split the bill? And yes I am married, my proposal to gottago was just a comment on her attitude.
I'm married...and we usually use my credit card to pay for dinner.

There is plenty of women that want to pay. From my experience those women usually have issues that aren't worth dealing with though. Case in point, Moot and her obligated argument.

I've not been beyond asking someone out for dinner, and if I do, then it's my check to pay. If that is an 'issue' that isn't worth dealing with, you've lost out on a lot of good women.

Depending on the relationship, the asker should be paying, or at least splitting if the other party is insistent on paying for it. In days of yore, when women didn't have the income, it was logical for men to pay. Now, when incomes are usually close to equal, it falls back to asker paying.

Women ask men out? guess I'm getting old.:lol:

Yes, women ask men out and do share in the expense of the evening. Such is the case and has been for decades and even with all my kid in this century and their friends so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that women don't pay or share in the cost of a date. Usually, one pays for dinner, the other the movie (which is considerable these days).

I will say that when a man wants to show off his bankroll, lots of women recognize that and roll with it, but regular, everyday women will at least offer. In my experience.

Once you are married there is no his and her money, all the money belongs to HER. :lol:

I worked, paid the bills and made investments while my husband finished college. I had a six figure income and made more money than he does. I am semi-retired now and my investments supplements my husbands income. Since I handle all our finances, yes, all the money belongs to me. lol

Last edited:

Yes, women ask men out and do share in the expense of the evening. Such is the case and has been for decades and even with all my kid in this century and their friends so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that women don't pay or share in the cost of a date. Usually, one pays for dinner, the other the movie (which is considerable these days).

I will say that when a man wants to show off his bankroll, lots of women recognize that and roll with it, but regular, everyday women will at least offer. In my experience.

Is this anecdotal? I swear, I haven't met very many women who are willing to shoulder their own burden.

I think that this is the reason why we're becoming more of a "hook-up" society than the traditional way you probably grew up with. Between internet dating and actual "dates" becoming too expensive and remaining one-sided, most dates these days are more of a "get together and hang out" type deal with someone you like (or think you like), at which point sex may or may not occur.

The traditional pick-a-girl-up, dinner-and-a-movie thing is antiquated and thrown to the wayside these days, for the most part. Now it's just guys and girls hanging out with some take-out and a Netflix or Redbox movie. Men finally got wise and realized that we've been throwing our money away on bad investments for decades.

Back
Top Bottom