• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time for women to pony up[W:603]

Re: Time for women to pony up

Who said early? I can make a long-term capital investment. I stopped being a "day trader" after my early 30s.

I admit, I was making an assumption. :) What is long term? ;)

To the larger thread, I'm so amazed to see how many guys see paying for the date is paying for the expectation of sex.

I'm a better cook than most women I know as well, but still...the opportunity to relax while she cooks for you is great. Usually if I'm insisting, I'm on the grill. Nobody touches my grill but me. I take that stuff seriously.

Food, wine and foreplay go great together in the kitchen while cooking...

To the larger thread, I'm so amazed to see how many guys see paying for the date is paying for the expectation of sex.

Guys date a woman to sleep with her. We are really that simple. Women are so complicated that they think that men are more coimplicated than we are. I want to see the woman naked and have sex. After that I want to nap. When I wake up I want to eat. Eat, sex, make some money and sleep. That pretty much sums up an average mans day.

Why do women still expect men to pay for dates? Women seem to want all thing equal until the dinner bill comes, then all this equality crap goes out the window and they sit their on their liberated asses waiting for the man to pick up the bill. Any of you equal rights lady's care to explain that to me?

I expect it because I'm an old-fashioned woman who believes that chivalry is not yet dead. ;)

Guys date a woman to sleep with her. We are really that simple. Women are so complicated that they think that men are more coimplicated than we are. I want to see the woman naked and have sex. After that I want to nap. When I wake up I want to eat. Eat, sex, make some money and sleep. That pretty much sums up an average mans day.

Yeah, that's pretty much what my husband used to say, but fortunately, he also loved me dearly.

I expect it because I'm an old-fashioned woman who believes that chivalry is not yet dead. ;)

Most of these guys don't know what they're talking about. I'll bet they would surely pay for dinner for just the opportunity to have sexual relations. The women would think they were cheapos if they didn't, and then they surely wouldn't be getting any nookie! ;)

Yeah, that's pretty much what my husband used to say, but fortunately, he also loved me dearly.

A man can want all that Bodhi listed and still love a woman. Women still have uses insofar as security, passion, and companionship. You just have to find one who coincides with what we need.

Most of these guys don't know what they're talking about. I'll bet they would surely pay for dinner for just the opportunity to have sexual relations. The women would think they were cheapos if they didn't, and then they surely wouldn't be getting any nookie! ;)

You're probably right, but I prefer to think that they would enjoy my company so immensely, that they would happily pay for the date. :lol:

You're probably right, but I prefer to think that they would enjoy my company so immensely, that they would happily pay for the date. :lol:

Only the smart ones lizzie! :)

Short-term capital gains are gains realized within one year. Long-term capital gains are gains over a period greater than a year. Economics and romance are so well linked.

I'm amazed that women don't see it as an expectation. If a woman isn't going to put out, she needs to pay her own way or she's overtly sending the smug and often false message that she thinks her attention and time is as valuable as the money it's taking for her to be included in the date. If I'm springing for flowers, a movie ticket, and a nice dinner, you have to reciprocate in some manner. You're not paying. You're not screwing me. That means that you think your company for spending time with me is worth quite a bit.

Not in my world.

Maybe I am stud but I have never taken a lady to a fancy dinner prior to sex. I would take them to coffee or a bar. We would go on walks, hikes or play tennis. You can flirt, be alluring and attract a women anywhere. You don't have to spend money to make a connection. By acting like I could care less about girls in bars or at parties I had women coming up to me and taking me back to their place for sex. I only asked out one girl in my life. The only one I wish didn't pursue me was my ex-wife. You can be a nice guy and by knowing the game you can get all the tail you want.

I pay every time... just not for an expensive pre-sex date.

Maybe I am stud but I have never taken a lady to a fancy dinner prior to sex. I would take them to coffee or a bar. We would go on walks, hikes or play tennis. You can flirt, be alluring and attract a women anywhere. You don't have to spend money to make a connection. By acting like I could care less about girls in bars or at parties I had women coming up to me and taking me back to their place for sex. I only asked out one girl in my life. The only one I wish didn't pursue me was my ex-wife. You can be a nice guy and by knowing the game you can get all the tail you want.

Well, after reading some of these posts, I was imagining a guy asking you out on a first date and then taking you to the town dive! :lol: So, you see, from the lady's perspective, she is saying to herself, "this is what he thinks I'm worth?" :mrgreen:

A man can want all that Bodhi listed and still love a woman. Women still have uses insofar as security, passion, and companionship. You just have to find one who coincides with what we need.

I always wanted and generally had relationships... just not in my swinging days from 23 to 30 years of age. I partied and had a ton of fun. Loving a good woman is great.

I pay every time... just not for an expensive pre-sex date.

Yeah, I was actually just kidding around. I'm more the type to stay at home and listen to good music. No amount of money spent is likely to make me want to have sex with someone. If the interest is there, it isn't dependent on a date.

Well, after reading some of these posts, I was imagining a guy asking you out on a first date and then taking you to the town dive! :lol: So, you see, from the lady's perspective, she is saying to herself, "this is what he thinks I'm worth?" :mrgreen:

I hear you and understand. For me, and only me, it is about how we connect with each other. We can do probaly better at a tea house chilling out than over a date in a restaurant.

Well, I guess I can love her too. As long as it gets me a snack, some sex and a nice nap.

I always wanted and generally had relationships... just not in my swinging days from 23 to 30 years of age. I partied and had a ton of fun. Loving a good woman is great.

Mine were between 18 and 30, minus a few gaps when I was with a few women in long term relationships. Now I want everything you listed, but I want to settle down with a woman I love that also loves me too.

Some of these women here make it sound like a pipe dream, like we're asking for the world.

Yeah, I was actually just kidding around. I'm more the type to stay at home and listen to good music. No amount of money spent is likely to make me want to have sex with someone. If the interest is there, it isn't dependent on a date.

That's definitely true, but I still wouldn't want to be taken out to the town dive for a first date. If I was attracted to the person, I might wonder how much he thinks of me if he took me to a place like that for our first date. First impressions do count. :)

I'm not knocking going out to a place for coffee together or something, if that is the arrangement. But if a guy invited me out for "dinner" and then took me to some place like McDonalds, I might be like WTF? If he was charming enough, I guess it might not matter though.

About paying half, I wouldn't mind as long as I knew up front that it was expected of me and if I really liked the guy, or I might at least offer to pay the tip! :mrgreen:

I hear you and understand. For me, and only me, it is about how we connect with each other. We can do probaly better at a tea house chilling out than over a date in a restaurant.

Like I said to lizzie, I was just thinking about a guy inviting me to dinner and then taking me to the town dive or McDonalds or something. :lol: That would tend to make you wonder.

Mine were between 18 and 30, minus a few gaps when I was with a few women in long term relationships. Now I want everything you listed, but I want to settle down with a woman I love that also loves me too.

Some of these women here make it sound like a pipe dream, like we're asking for the world.

I used to tell my ex that I am like a dog.

- Tell me what you want and I will do my best to make it happen.
- Use simple words.
- Don't assume that I know anything that you are thinking or feeling.
- Feed me if you want to go on about your feelings so that I can listen better.
- Rarely say no to sex so that I can be emotionally there for her (I am typical man, loving feelings come after sex)
- Don't criticize me, just repeat request.
- Don't take me for granted

Seems like there was a lot more but my ptsd from that relationship has apparently affected my memory... :lol:

Like I said to lizzie, I was just thinking about a guy inviting me to dinner and then taking me to the town dive or McDonalds or something. :lol: That would tend to make you wonder.

Agreed... :lol:

I used to tell my ex that I am like a dog.

- Tell me what you want and I will do my best to make it happen.
- Use simple words.
- Don't assume that I know anything that you are thinking or feeling.
- Feed me if you want to go on about your feelings so that I can listen better.
- Rarely say no to sex so that I can be emotionally there for her (I am typical man, loving feelings come after sex)
- Don't criticize me, just repeat request.
- Don't take me for granted

Seems like there was a lot more but my ptsd from that relationship has apparently affected my memory... :lol:

Know what's funny? I tell my girlfriend that I'm essentially a dog too. Feed me, love me, scratch me behind the ear, and give me a treat now and then. I'll be a faithful ol' hound dog that'll love you until I die and ain't leavin' this porch for another woman's porch.

That's definitely true, but I still wouldn't want to be taken out to the town dive for a first date. If I was attracted to the person, I might wonder how much he thinks of me if he took me to a place like that for our first date. First impressions do count. :)

I'm not knocking going out to a place for coffee together or something, if that is the arrangement. But if a guy invited me out for "dinner" and then took me to some place like McDonalds, I might be like WTF? If he was charming enough, I guess it might not matter though.

About paying half, I wouldn't mind as long as I knew up front that it was expected of me and if I really liked the guy, or I might at least offer to pay the tip! :mrgreen:

This illustrates the point I made earlier - women who make this judgment based on how much lighter his wallet is after the date. If a woman doesn't think that a pizza, some Chinese take-out, or a footlong from Subway isn't a good enough date, chances are that it's not going to get any better for him. Women never become less demanding as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom