• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time for an introduction. Hello, with HATE!

thisjustin

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This just in. Hate is good! The universe is filled with opposites. Hot and cold, day and night, male and female, matter and antimatter, positive and negative atoms, love and hate, etc. etc. etc. The Chinese also call it yin and yang. I come not to bring evil, but to fight it. And denying both sides of something is as EVIL as you can get! Hate or dislike if you wish wouldn't even exist unless there was a damn good evolutionary reason for it. Shown over and over throughout time. And likely on every life bearing planet throughout infinity. To have any debate, both "good" and "evil" must be allowed. Otherwise it is meaningless. To this end, I will upload a new avatar. If only honest discussion about what it shows was allowed.

Okay then...

Good and evil don't exist as material or immaterial entities. Actions humans take are perceived by others as being good, neutral or evil, or somewhere in between those. How they are seen is entirely subjective, especially to the person doing the action. Even if someone does something they think is evil, it can be justified by the ends, becoming non-evil in their view. We do not need evil actions, the world would be a much better place if people did more good and less evil things. Who gets to decide what is good and what is evil? Well, therein lies the rub of the human condition.

This just in. Hate is good! The universe is filled with opposites. Hot and cold, day and night, male and female, matter and antimatter, positive and negative atoms, love and hate, etc. etc. etc. The Chinese also call it yin and yang. I come not to bring evil, but to fight it. And denying both sides of something is as EVIL as you can get! Hate or dislike if you wish wouldn't even exist unless there was a damn good evolutionary reason for it. Shown over and over throughout time. And likely on every life bearing planet throughout infinity. To have any debate, both "good" and "evil" must be allowed. Otherwise it is meaningless. To this end, I will upload a new avatar. If only honest discussion about what it shows was allowed.
While there are indeed opposites, there are infinity of positions between the binary options.
The world doesn't have many binary things.

Good and evil don't exist as material or immaterial entities. Actions humans take are perceived by others as being good, neutral or evil, or somewhere in between those. How they are seen is entirely subjective, especially to the person doing the action. Even if someone does something they think is evil, it can be justified by the ends, becoming non-evil in their view. We do not need evil actions, the world would be a much better place if people did more good and less evil things. Who gets to decide what is good and what is evil? Well, therein lies the rub of the human condition.

Your reply doesn't make much sense. How about we replace "good and evil" with "right or wrong." Maybe that would simplify things. And who gets to decide what right or wrong is? I do. Or at least I would. But with evil in control of everything, including any debate forum you could think of, there isn't much chance of that happening. If you want to know more, maybe if you sent me a PM I could tell you more.

While there are indeed opposites, there are infinity of positions between the binary options.
The world doesn't have many binary things.
We see them often lately. Like paying for a phone vs looting for a phone. Setting a store on fire vs extinguishing the fire. Shooting a cop eating lunch vs saying hi to a cop eating lunch.
You get the drift.

Your reply doesn't make much sense. To you. How about we replace "good and evil" with "right or wrong." They're pretty comparable, being synonyms, but imply a greater extreme used together. Maybe that would simplify things. And who gets to decide what right or wrong is? I do. Or at least I would. But with evil in control of everything, including any debate forum you could think of, there isn't much chance of that happening. Like I said, it's subjective. What others consider evil, you consider to be good, and vice versa. If you want to know more, maybe if you sent me a PM I could tell you more. Anyone can PM anyone they like. I haven't found the inclination to PM anyone yet though. Thanks for the offer, maybe when we know each other a little better.

We see them often lately. Like paying for a phone vs looting for a phone. Setting a store on fire vs extinguishing the fire. Shooting a cop eating lunch vs saying hi to a cop eating lunch.
You get the drift.
Actually, no I don't. Those things you said make no sense per the OP.
But this is tRUMPs America.

Your reply doesn't make much sense. How about we replace "good and evil" with "right or wrong." Maybe that would simplify things. And who gets to decide what right or wrong is? I do. Or at least I would. But with evil in control of everything, including any debate forum you could think of, there isn't much chance of that happening. If you want to know more, maybe if you sent me a PM I could tell you more.

Right and wrong is not the same pair of opposites as good and evil. Right and wrong are thoughts. Good and evil and feelings. Combining the two is an emotion. We might as well throw in another pair of opposites here: wisdom and foolishness.

Goodbye...

Already bored.

Back
Top Bottom