• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time for a summit?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Don't remember having one in a while. Is it time to pull our friends together and brainstorm what might be done to better control terrorist attacks? Surely many heads combined are better than what's happening now...

Don't remember having one in a while. Is it time to pull our friends together and brainstorm what might be done to better control terrorist attacks? Surely many heads combined are better than what's happening now...

Figure the odds of Trump working WITH anyone...especially if they tell him things that he doesn't want to hear.

It depends who is involved in this meeting. If for example, Obama part of the meeting, we already know what his agenda is towards radical Islam.

Depends who is involved in the discussion. Some will call everyone Islamaphobes when we even begin to consider that Islam is the cause of the problem, and others (like Bucky) go completely overboard and want to throw all Muslims into internment camps.

Figure the odds of Trump working WITH anyone...especially if they tell him things that he doesn't want to hear.

There is that 5,000 dollar suit again. That would make him just like Obama. Remember all the Generals that bit the dust under Obamas command?

I don't agree with that. Are we doing that now? Seriously, are we? Do we even know?

I could see if they were LIVING with them, but...

Well, lots of Americans do not agree with drones yet we have been doing that against innocent civilians for a while.

I don't agree with that. Are we doing that now? Seriously, are we? Do we even know?

I could see if they were LIVING with them, but...

Not intentionally. I'd imagine we do everything possible to avoid that. More importantly most people in the U.S. military would have a real issue with it.

That is a excellent question.

If they included me in national discussion my position would be that it is time for the US to get the hell out of the Middle East. Period. We keep swatting the hornet's nest while screaming, "Something seems to have upset the hornets! We need to make them stop attacking us."

I know that I have said this before but, my position hasn't changed. If the roles were reversed would Americans give up and agree to foreign occupation, invasion, destruction of infrastructure, manipulation of and theft of natural resources, mass loss of lives, property, business, etc.? No, we wouldn't. Why are we so foolish to assume others would do less?

If they included me in national discussion my position would be that it is time for the US to get the hell out of the Middle East. Period. We keep swatting the hornet's nest while screaming, "Something seems to have upset the hornets! We need to make them stop attacking us."

Agreed. We need to get the **** out of the Middle East as quickly as possible. We just tend to make the situation even worse over there.

A "beer summit"? At the white house?

Beer_summit_cheers.jpg

Ya'll remember that?

I know that I have said this before but, my position hasn't changed. If the roles were reversed would Americans give up and agree to foreign occupation, invasion, destruction of infrastructure, manipulation of and theft of natural resources, mass loss of lives, property, business, etc.? No, we wouldn't. Why are we so foolish to assume others would do less?

Agreed.

I am all for getting out of the middle east entirely.

Back
Top Bottom