• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tim Tebow and the Demon?

"As a former NFL player, the LA KISS will offer intense training and unwavered commitment to the former New England Patriots player with the hopes to take him to the next level," a team press release reads, via the Los Angeles Times. "The chance for Tebow to improve as a quarterback is immense as the AFL is a pass-happy league with 90 percent of the league's offensive plays coming from throwing the ball."

That's kinda true. If he really wants to improve as a QB and refuses to play another position.

That's kinda true. If he really wants to improve as a QB and refuses to play another position.

He's not going to get any better sitting at home, that's for sure.

He's turned down the CFL, arena leagues, and rugby leagues. He won't go for this either.

Which honestly, seems really dumb. I don't know why he signed with the Patriots anyway if he wants to start.

Which honestly, seems really dumb. I don't know why he signed with the Patriots anyway if he wants to start.

He signed with the Pats because there isn't a host of teams knocking at his door. He also thought that he could beat out Mallett for backup. Boy was he stupid in that aspect.

I said before that draft that Mallett was the best overall QB to come out of that draft (even over Cam Newton slightly). It's nice to know that when Brady retires, he'll pass the torch from one great Michigan quarterback to another great Michigan quarterback. Mallett's a stud.

He signed with the Pats because there isn't a host of teams knocking at his door. He also thought that he could beat out Mallett for backup. Boy was he stupid in that aspect.

I said before that draft that Mallett was the best overall QB to come out of that draft (even over Cam Newton slightly). It's nice to know that when Brady retires, he'll pass the torch from one great Michigan quarterback to another great Michigan quarterback. Mallett's a stud.

I'm hazy on this but didn't Mallet leave after Carr retired? Makes me rage at RR just thinking of what could've been.

I'm hazy on this but didn't Mallet leave after Carr retired? Makes me rage at RR just thinking of what could've been.

Yeah he transferred to Arkansas because of that asswipe, but my selective amnesia begins to kick in around that time.

I don't remember much about those 3 years, except how we beat Illinois in basketball, 67-65.

Very exciting basketball game.

Yeah he transferred to Arkansas because of that asswipe, but my selective amnesia begins to kick in around that time.

I don't remember much about those 3 years, except how we beat Illinois in basketball, 67-65.

Very exciting basketball game.

:lamo

We didn't have cable, but I'm kinda glad to have seen so little of that era of aberration.

:lamo

We didn't have cable, but I'm kinda glad to have seen so little of that era of aberration.

Currently being in Alabama, I was spared much of it as well. However, Michigan is still a big name draw. I was so lucky to see all the "big games" during that time, when Richie went 1-8 vs. MSU, ND, and OSU. Then after 3 years I had the joy of seeing Michigan make a bowl game...and lose by the largest margin in school history to Mississippi State.

I've never seen a man so reviled for so many good reasons. Michigan hadn't been sub-500 or unable to make a bowl game since the 60s, before Bo got there.

Seriously, for those 3 years I had to play a bunch of youtube clips to feel better. Desmond Howard's 93 yard punt return and "Heisman pose" against Ohio State, his 4th and 1 touchdown dive against Notre Dame, and so on and so forth.

A lot of it got erased with Musburger's "caught...Michigan...touchdown! I can't believe this!".

He's turned down the CFL, arena leagues, and rugby leagues. He won't go for this either.

Montreal holds his CFL rights and they've said he would be a back-up if he came north. He's not well suited to the Canadian game.

Montreal holds his CFL rights and they've said he would be a back-up if he came north. He's not well suited to the Canadian game.

They do, but it wouldn't matter. If the Argonauts bought his rights out and told him he could start tomorrow, he still wouldn't come.

If Tebow doesn't want to play another position, why doesn't he just move on to his next career as an evangelist at a mega church so we can stop hearing about him in the news already?

They do, but it wouldn't matter. If the Argonauts bought his rights out and told him he could start tomorrow, he still wouldn't come.

Probably not.
He'd have a better chance of a starting job there but he still might not have a lot of success. Quarterback is the position where the differences in the games is most obvious.

Probably not.
He'd have a better chance of a starting job there but he still might not have a lot of success. Quarterback is the position where the differences in the games is most obvious.

I'm not gonna sit here and say he's sliced bread, but I do know that he took a 1-4 team to the playoffs, beat the top ranked defense in the NFL in the wild card, and got to the division championship.

Conversely, Manning's first season he didn't win a playoff game. Of course, if you look at Manning's postseason record, that shouldn't surprise you. He has a losing playoff record...overrated piece of feces he is.

God I love to hate him.

I'm not gonna sit here and say he's sliced bread, but I do know that he took a 1-4 team to the playoffs, beat the top ranked defense in the NFL in the wild card, and got to the division championship.

I don't think he's mobile enough to have success here. Think Doug Flutie- too small or the NFL but his speed and ability to throw accurately on the run made him one of the best up here.

Conversely, Manning's first season he didn't win a playoff game. Of course, if you look at Manning's postseason record, that shouldn't surprise you. He has a losing playoff record...overrated piece of feces he is.

God I love to hate him.

At least he doesn't do that Christian showboat thing. Now, that bugs me.

I don't think he's mobile enough to have success here. Think Doug Flutie- too small or the NFL but his speed and ability to throw accurately on the run made him one of the best up here.

At least he doesn't do that Christian showboat thing. Now, that bugs me.

He loves him some God and has a propensity to kneel. Doesn't rank high on my givafuk-o-meter. I could go without the display, but hell...I have to deal with a bunch of people getting in the end zone and not acting like they've been there before. I'd rather see Tebow score than Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson score ever again. Stupid f'n punk.

Well, based on his short-lived NFL success, it stands to reason that he could get a shot in the CFL (assuming he wanted it). If he can't cut it, he can't cut it. At least we'd know.

He loves him some God and has a propensity to kneel. Doesn't rank high on my givafuk-o-meter. I could go without the display, but hell...I have to deal with a bunch of people getting in the end zone and not acting like they've been there before. I'd rather see Tebow score than Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson score ever again. Stupid f'n punk.

Well, based on his short-lived NFL success, it stands to reason that he could get a shot in the CFL (assuming he wanted it). If he can't cut it, he can't cut it. At least we'd know.

He'd get a shot. Hell, Vince Ferragamo got a shot- by the end of one season he was third-string.

Currently being in Alabama, I was spared much of it as well. However, Michigan is still a big name draw. I was so lucky to see all the "big games" during that time, when Richie went 1-8 vs. MSU, ND, and OSU. Then after 3 years I had the joy of seeing Michigan make a bowl game...and lose by the largest margin in school history to Mississippi State.

I've never seen a man so reviled for so many good reasons. Michigan hadn't been sub-500 or unable to make a bowl game since the 60s, before Bo got there.

Seriously, for those 3 years I had to play a bunch of youtube clips to feel better. Desmond Howard's 93 yard punt return and "Heisman pose" against Ohio State, his 4th and 1 touchdown dive against Notre Dame, and so on and so forth.

A lot of it got erased with Musburger's "caught...Michigan...touchdown! I can't believe this!".

Yeah, I've now been able to watch most highlights since the 60s, but after seeing I think it was at Ohio '08 I decided to just stay clear of those years. I had to pity guys like Matthews who had at least some talent but were stuck there.

I don't really care about Tebow's views, although the "head of thorns" haircut made me laugh my ass off. It's just pretty silly and conceited for those who thought that God doesn't have better things to do than guiding Tebow to victory. Now, if he started levitating i might buy into it.

Yeah, I've now been able to watch most highlights since the 60s, but after seeing I think it was at Ohio '08 I decided to just stay clear of those years. I had to pity guys like Matthews who had at least some talent but were stuck there.

I pity guys like Henne more. We finally get a true freshman to be a season starter and he ends up going 0-4 against "that school down south".

Maybe if we had more players who were into free tattoos, we could've competed.

I don't really care about Tebow's views, although the "head of thorns" haircut made me laugh my ass off. It's just pretty silly and conceited for those who thought that God doesn't have better things to do than guiding Tebow to victory. Now, if he started levitating i might buy into it.

Know what I like about Tebow more? Guess who the only team to beat him in a bowl game was. :D

Know what I like about Tebow more? Guess who the only team to beat him in a bowl game was. :D

Yessss. I did get to watch that one. Terrific game.

Yessss. I did get to watch that one. Terrific game.

I remember it as the end of an era. Carr's last game.

It also reminds me of how the black times began. Couldn't pry Harbaugh from Stanford (he has a loooong beef with us), couldn't wrestle Miles away from LSU, and a few other notable "no"s.

After seeing what that douchebag did at West Virginia, I actually wrote a "wtf you thinkin" letter to Dr. Coleman. Of course, since I'm an alumnus with no booster support, I'm sure my letter got all the respect it was due.

I can see why the Patriots cut him, but I never could get why some crap team like the Jets didn't use him.

Back
Top Bottom