• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tiger Woods Injured in Single Car Crash in L.A.

rjay

Rocket Surgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Last edited:
Moderate to severe injuries....his legs injured in several places....it looks like he'll live.

Wasn't Kobie Bryant killed about this time last year?

What car was it? Was he hauling ass?

Rolling Hills Estates is a very exclusive area of Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
I would imagine Tiger lives around there. eta: He reportedly owns two condos, neither in that particular area.
He was in the area to play a tournament and the vehicle was given to him to use by the hosts of the Genesis invitational.

"Woods was in Los Angeles over the weekend as the tournament host of the Genesis Invitational at Riviera, where he presented the trophy. He was to spend Monday and Tuesday filming with Discovery-owned GOLFTV, with whom he has an endorsement contract." Tiger Woods taken to hospital after rollover crash in California (wtnh.com)

My absolute best goes out to him and his family.
Since the accident took place just after 7 AM, seems highly unlikely that he was dui, but you never know.

Last edited:
1614112474773.png

"Mr. Woods was extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life' by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries."

That is quite a wreck, and evidence of a serious front impact of some kind.

View attachment 67319673

"Mr. Woods was extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life' by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries."
Pure speculation on my part, but it kinda looks like he drove straight into a hill right where the car is. The front end damage is pretty severe.

He is recovering from recent back surgery. He was on TV during this past weekend's golf tournament talking about his charity. IMO, he looked worn out.

In surgery now with multiple leg injuries. He is a very complex man, very talented and at the same time very tormented. Just a normal human being when it comes down to it. Wishing him a good recovery and more importantly some peace.

View attachment 67319673

Wow, that does look serious.

It would be interesting to read the accident investigation report if a detailed one is conducted. Would like to know how it happened.

Hope the surgery is successful. Wish Tiger a speedy recovery. I suspect this may be the end of his golf career.

I'm sorry to hear this, very sorry to hear.
I'm a big Tiger fan, big golf fan actually. (didn't say I could play well, just a big fan)

Get well soon Tiger, best wishes.
I hope you'll be out there again, and soon.
👍

Moderate to severe injuries....his legs injured in several places....it looks like he'll live.

Wasn't Kobie Bryant killed about this time last year?

January 26 prior to the CV19 pandemic. The ATSB has issued a report on that crash.

Tiger Woods is a inveterate ass chaser.

I was once talking to an attorney representing a client and he told me the parents told him their daughter was giving a blow job to her boyfriend and he got excited and slammed into an oncoming truck.

Perhaps my memory is off a bit and he got the information from the police report.

I was a spectator at a major tourney near my home when Woods was trying to come back from his personal troubles. He wasn't playing particularly well. He was frustrated. He was walking down the fairway close to me. As he walked by I said "psssst." He looked at me and I said "hang in there there tough guy." He gave me a quick thumbs up and kept walking

They’re talking about him like he has golfed for the last time....

They’re talking about him like he has golfed for the last time....
I think that's possible. He was still recovering from a surgery when this happened. I'm sure when you play at his level, you don't want to go out playing the same as a 16 handicapper like me.

It was a Genesis, the high-end Hyundai. He was at the Genesis-sponsored golf tournament this weekend, I suspect it was a courtesy car.

the deputy on the scene first seems to think the safety features is what saved him. let's just be glad, if it had to happened, that it happened now and not decades and decades ago.

It will be interesting to see if drugs (possibly prescription) and alcohol were a factor. Given his prior troubles I would say it's better than 50/50 they will be.

Back
Top Bottom