• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tiger Woods in car accident

You don't drive a high performance sports car, do you?
Not since I was in my 30's. I wound up under a semi-truck once. That was enough for me.

He was discussing his recent back surgery and recovery just last weekend. Not sure about the tournament, as I was just scrolling through the channels, but it seemed to me that he was not very optimistic about his professional future, although he mumbled words to the contrary.
Either way, I wish him a speedy recovery and God's blessings.

jesus, just flattened huh
No, embedded. Never saw her face. Had to feel her jugular to make certain there wasn't a pulse. If I had felt a jugular it would have been awful as without a jaws-of-life there was nothing I could do.

Even more nauseating was I spotted a child seat on its side in the back seat and when I looked back there the driver's arm was somehow thrown backwards. The hand was somehow folded under so was not visible. With the sleeve on it midway down her skinny forearm I thought I was seeing an infant's leg sticking out of a pajama legging.
I almost threw up, I swear. Terrible day.

No, embedded. Never saw her face. Had to feel her jugular to make certain there wasn't a pulse. If I had felt a jugular it would have been awful as without a jaws-of-life there was nothing I could do.

Even more nausea was I spotted a child seat on its side in the back seat and when I looked back there the driver's arm was somehow thrown backwards. The hand was somehow folded under so was not visible. With the sleeve on it midway down her skinny forearm I thought I was seeing an infant's leg sticking out of a pajama legging.
I almost threw up, I swear. Terrible day.

Yeah, I served in a war so I've seen those things. You never forget.

Because Woods has a history of driving under the influence of opioids, and ending-up in trouble. He's had two previous run-ins so far, and that's not a good track record.

Ahhhh......sorry

The ex wife 9 iron crash is what comes to mind all the time because there was some humor in it, but I totally forgot about his later incident were he fell asleep at the wheel.

Yep. Seat belt and airbags kept his body safe. Lower extremities are unprotected however.

Another reason why I always drove pickup's.

Full frames are safer than calculated crush unibody construction vehicles. Your legs are the first thing at the scene of a accident in today cars.

Another reason why I always drove pickup's.

Full frames are safer than calculated crush unibody construction vehicles. Your legs are the first thing at the scene of a accident in today cars.
Passenger cars are definitely designed to crumple the front end. We were hit in the back at high speed a while back.
The rear end barely showed damage. The dude who hit us though had no front end left.

I watched a video recently on crash protecting Grand Prix cars. They had a huge leg injury problem at one time. They redesigned the nose of the cars to protect driver legs. One result was it made the car’s lethal during a side impact accident, since the nose was now too strong. So, they reinforced the sides with energy absorbing body work. It was a pretty cool video.

ugh...

"Comminuted open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the tibia and fibula bones were stabilized by inserting a rod into the tibia," said Mahajan, the chief medical officer and interim CEO at Harbor-UCLA. "Additional injuries to the bones of the foot and ankle were stabilized with a combination of screws and pins. Trauma to the muscle and soft-tissue of the leg required surgical release of the covering of the muscles to relieve pressure due to swelling."
A comminuted fracture means the bone is broken into more than two pieces; open means a break in the skin.

This does not sound good.

Because Woods has a history of driving under the influence of opioids, and ending-up in trouble. He's had two previous run-ins so far, and that's not a good track record.
He also had that recent back surgery, and is very likely to be taking pain meds for that. That stated, I hope he comes up clean when the toxicology test results are released.

He also had that recent back surgery, and is very likely to be taking pain meds for that. That stated, I hope he comes up clean when the toxicology test results are released.
Loaner "courtesy" car with video showing him driving the speed limit up the hill that he crashed on while going down. It could be mechanical failure.

Formula 1 car breaks in half and sets on fire. The driver walks away.

Last edited:
This is kind of cool.

Players wearing red in Tiger's honor.

Formula 1 car breaks in half and sets on fire. The driver walks away.
Here's the video I watched recently explaining all the F1 safety improvements.

Something smelly in Cali

The SUV reached a speed of up to 87 mph, Villanueva said -- far greater than the 45 mph speed limit.
That would explain the damage.

"There is zero braking on that data recorder," but "there is 99% acceleration on the pedal," Powers said.
If that was you or I, they'd probably suspect suicide or something nefarious like that. Color me suspicious. But, I'm not buying the "accidently stomped on the gas" excuse. Even if he did it...it would only last a second before he realized his mistake and reshuffled his foot.

OK, time to recalibrate. This did happen to me once--sort of--when I was rear-ended.

While stopped in traffic, I spotted a car rapidly approaching in my rearview, cut the wheel and tapped on the gas to try scooting out of the way. Impact came while my foot was on the pedal. As a result, I floored it without meaning to, bounced off the median wall and then plowed right into the driver's side door of the guy in front of me. So, weird things do happen.

Fortuitously, no one other than I knew about my actions. Hence my part in causing additional damage remained forever a secret. Everyone just assumed the ass-clown who rear-ended me drove my car into the wall, and it ricocheted into the other vehicle by inertia alone. It probably would have anyway, but likely not as hard.

Last edited:
It will be great when Tiger comes back and wins another major. The comeback story is always sweet. tiger has a flair for the dramatics.

Never happen.

Naah. I have seen football players recover from similar gruesome types of injuries. We are talking about golf and Tiger Woods.

He will return by early 2022, maybe sooner.

Naah. I have seen football players recover from similar gruesome types of injuries. We are talking about golf and Tiger Woods.

He will return by early 2022, maybe sooner.

Tiger is 45 and was just holding on as it was due to all his other physical problems. He may play again, but he'll never win another major, not even close.

Tiger is 45 and was just holding on as it was due to all his other physical problems. He'll play again, but he'll never win another major, not even close.
Dude will be lucky to walk again without a cane, IMO.

I don't know the exact extent of his injuries except that they're bad. But that could be.
I'm also taking into account his five back surgeries. It's not going to be easy to rehab a leg with a ****ed up back.

I'm also taking into account his five back surgeries. It's not going to be easy to rehab a leg with a ****ed up back.

True. I broke a leg, had muscle loss, and nerve damage, but it was a bad back that held me back the most.

Back
Top Bottom