• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tiger Woods in car accident

dave8383

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Tiger Woods in surgery after vehicle rolls over in crash
play
Tiger Woods was involved in a serious car accident on Monday morning in Southern California that required the Jaws of Life tools to extract him from the vehicle, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Woods, 45, has "multiple leg injuries'' according to his agent, Mark Steinberg, who said the golfer was in surgery Tuesday afternoon.

Emergency personnel responded to a roll-over crash at approximately 7:12 a.m. PT in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. A police source said the initial report from the accident scene indicated the possibility of two broken legs and that the injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

"Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries,'' Steinberg said in his statement. "He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support.''

According to the Sheriff's department, the "single vehicle roll-over traffic collision'' occurred on the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes. "The vehicle sustained major damage.'' He was taken to the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/30951717/tiger-woods-hospitalized-vehicle-rolls-crash

Poor guy. He sure has paid for his success.

It looks like the vehicle crossed lanes, then slid a long way.
Was he under the influence or do they know what caused it?

It looks like the vehicle crossed lanes, then slid a long way.
Was he under the influence or do they know what caused it?

I wonder if he didn't fall asleep? Maybe a late night with a lady friend? Or, maybe he just reached for something in the car or was texting?

Fingers crossed for Tiger.

This is going to put a serious dent in his chase for Jack's (GOAT) record, but his health is far more important to him and his kids anyways.

I wonder if he didn't fall asleep? Maybe a late night with a lady friend?

He's had a history of substance use and recent back surgery, though it could've been something simple. I almost wrecked from a Charley horse in my right calf.

May be an end to his career.... from what I gather, shattered ankle, but also a compound fracture (maybe in leg?). That's on top of whatever effect this might have had on his recovery from the recent back surgery.

He's had a history of substance use and recent back surgery, though it could've been something simple. I almost wrecked from a Charley horse in my right calf.

Right, we tend to go certain places with Tiger due to his history but it could have been very straightforward.

Right, we tend to go certain places with Tiger due to his history but it could have been very straightforward.

I just read he was on a curvy road with a 45 mph limit, meaning he could've just been speeding and lost it on a curve? I hate assuming everyone in an accident caused it.

He should have paid for a driver.

I don't get these people with dollars numbering hundreds of millions in the bank driving themselves. I'd hire a driver to take me from A to B even if I had a fraction of what the Lindsey Lohans and Tiger Woodses of the world have.

i'm sorry to hear about this. i hope that he's ok.

I just read he was on a curvy road with a 45 mph limit, meaning he could've just been speeding and lost it on a curve? I hate assuming everyone in an accident caused it.
I've seen SUV's roll over at 35 after popping a curb just right. They have a very high center of gravity.

I don't get these people with dollars numbering hundreds of millions in the bank driving themselves. I'd hire a driver to take me from A to B even if I had a fraction of what the Lindsey Lohans and Tiger Woodses of the world have.

Screw that.

I love getting in my truck every morning for a early morning drive even when I don't have work. The only difference with money is that I'd buy a new truck every year. (y)

i'm sorry to hear about this. i hope that he's ok.
Surgery. Report is currently two broken legs but no life-threatening injuries. But, ya never know.

Screw that.

I love getting in my truck every morning for a early morning drive even when I don't have work. The only difference with money is that I'd buy a new truck every year. (y)
Not me. I'd sit strapped into the back seat with my Grey Poupon.

I've seen SUV's roll over at 35 after popping a curb just right. They have a very high center of gravity.

Yeah, I've had a couple of SUVs lean hard on steep curves. He probably started fishtailing. I saw that Tiger wasn't under the influence but hauling ass late for an appt.

Yeah, and it's even higher when the driver is popping opioids. I suppose we'll find-out, before too long.

sounds like the safety features of the car saved his life.

Why would you even bring opioids into the conversation?

Because Woods has a history of driving under the influence of opioids, and ending-up in trouble. He's had two previous run-ins so far, and that's not a good track record.

You don't drive a high performance sports car, do you?

May not be drugs or alcohol it could just be that momentary glance at a cell phone. So much can happen in a matter of a second.

I came upon a young mother (without kids in the car) during the morning who crossed the center line and hit another car head on. The young mother was killed instantly and we will never know what caused her to cross the center line. We were first on the scene and we couldn't even see her face has it was embedded into her steering wheel. Note that this was before cell phone popularity.

Back
Top Bottom