• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren finalize divorce

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren finalize divorce - Tours & News - Golf.com

Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren announced their divorce Monday, ending months of speculation about the future of their marriage.

A statement on tigerwoods.com said: "Elin Nordegren and Tiger Woods confirmed today that they have divorced. Judgment was entered today in Bay County (Florida) Circuit Court dissolving the marriage. The Judgment provides for shared parenting of their two children."

The couple also issued a joint statement, focusing on their 3-year-old daughter, Sam, and 1-year-old son, Charlie.

"We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future. While we are no longer married, we are the parents of two wonderful children and their happiness has been, and will always be, of paramount importance to both of us. Once we came to the decision that our marriage was at an end, the primary focus of our amicable discussions has been to ensure their future well-being. The weeks and months ahead will not be easy for them as we adjust to a new family situation, which is why our privacy must be a principal concern."

I really could care less about this sorta thing, I was under the impression they were giving it all a shot. Guess I was wrong...

Wonder what (or who:2razz:) he'll do now?

Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren finalize divorce - Tours & News - Golf.com I really could care less about this sorta thing, I was under the impression they were giving it all a shot. Guess I was wrong...

Wonder what (or who:2razz:) he'll do now?

I'm really impresssed. No ugly divorce battle. I guess money was not an issue. That's the only thing that could account for an amicable-appearing divorce. Tiger has/had a lot to lose -- some of which he has already.

Maybe, just maybe, now he can focus on golf and get his game back.

I'm always surprised when celeb parents are willing to subject their children to negative media attention by airing their issues publicly and putting one another through the meat grinder in the tabloids.
I can only assume they don't realize, in their anger, how adversely this will affect their children.
It's hard for me to fathom anyone wanting to hurt their spouse or ex-spouse at the expense of their children.

I don't think Tiger and Elin have done anything exceptionally praise-worthy here; they've just handled the situation the way any normal, rational couple would be expected to.
I don't know why we expect celebrities to behave in irrational and aberrant ways, and thereby entertain us even in the midst of their personal tragedies.

Blondie hit the winning lotto number.

Sexist much? She would probably still be with him had he been something called faithful! He should have to pay and she is a class damn act!

Sexist much? She would probably still be with him had he been something called faithful! He should have to pay and she is a class damn act!

Totally agree with you here. Actually, she was pretty successful in her own right prior to their marriage. He acted like a scumbag. I used to like Tiger Woods (not as much as Phil Mickelson, but I liked him) but no longer. I think he is a scumbag and if he never wins another major, I would be delighted because he does not deserve to be in the class of Jack Nicklas, who was and still is TOTAL CLASS!!!

I hope Yani Tseng (with three majors at the tender age of 21) catches up to Tiger and surpases his major total because she, like Jack and so many other top golfers, has a lot of class.

Totally agree with you here. Actually, she was pretty successful in her own right prior to their marriage.

She was a nanny. :confused:
I wouldn't think that would be considered "successful" by most people's standards, especially considering that she came from a fairly affluent family.

Last edited:
I think he is a scumbag and if he never wins another major, I would be delighted because he does not deserve to be in the class of Jack Nicklas, who was and still is TOTAL CLASS!!!

Why? I mean we all THOUGHT Tiger Woods was the golden boy until all this, what makes you think Jack Nicklas might be any different? I mean you never truly know someone.

The thing that bothers me is, this guy is good at golf. That's it. It's a game. It doesn't automatically give him super human status, or make him the moral authority over man.

Yeah I think it's scummy what he did, but it is ultimately human.

Kali said:

Not half a billion dollars.

She had a gravy train for quite a few years. She should be able to take home three or four million out of the deal and move on completely. Too bad divorce isn't like that, and I'm not sure about the divorce laws in Florida, but they can't be worse than California. A court would foolishly think she's worth half his bottom line, which is a joke. Elin can't sink a 35 foot putt.

She had a gravy train for quite a few years. She should be able to take home three or four million out of the deal and move on completely. Too bad divorce isn't like that, and I'm not sure about the divorce laws in Florida, but they can't be worse than California. A court would foolishly think she's worth half his bottom line, which is a joke.

He shouldn't have cheated on her.

Elin can't sink a 35 foot putt.

Neither can Tiger anymore...

She was a nanny. :confused:
I wouldn't think that would be considered "successful" by most people's standards, especially considering that she came from a fairly affluent family.

She was also a model who made the cover of at least one publication in Sweden...

Why? I mean we all THOUGHT Tiger Woods was the golden boy until all this, what makes you think Jack Nicklas might be any different? I mean you never truly know someone.

The thing that bothers me is, this guy is good at golf. That's it. It's a game. It doesn't automatically give him super human status, or make him the moral authority over man.

Yeah I think it's scummy what he did, but it is ultimately human.

Good at golf? I think he has been slipping and well maybe it is kind of a payback for being a cheating asswipe.

She had a gravy train for quite a few years. She should be able to take home three or four million out of the deal and move on completely. Too bad divorce isn't like that, and I'm not sure about the divorce laws in Florida, but they can't be worse than California. A court would foolishly think she's worth half his bottom line, which is a joke. Elin can't sink a 35 foot putt.

Well excuse me for not crying and feeling all sorry for the cheating little dick.

It's her fault. Tiger's exploits were well-known to people. Insiders talked all the time about how, mostly thanks to media, his image is portrayed as squeaky-clean to Joe Public may be one of the biggest lies out there. He's known to hang out with Jordan and Barkley - both known philanderers and obsessive gamblers. His inner circle of friends is a far cry from anything that would suggest a good, wholesome life. He was standoff-ish with media, borderline hermitic, and swore more than an Irish sailor.

Shame on her for not using her eyes. I could also suggest a few more reasons, but I think you'd be the wrong one to say it to.

Good at golf? I think he has been slipping and well maybe it is kind of a payback for being a cheating asswipe.

lol....day after divorce is finalized.....Woods shoots best round of the year

Please try and remember despite his decline he is still ranked #1 in the world. Im not sure that speak more about Tigers greatness or his so called competitions mediocrity.

My over under on the settlement: 150 million.

lol....day after divorce is finalized.....Woods shoots best round of the year

Please try and remember despite his decline he is still ranked #1 in the world. Im not sure that speak more about Tigers greatness or his so called competitions mediocrity.

My over under on the settlement: 150 million.

Has more to do with the silly ranking system in world golf than anything!

It's her fault. Tiger's exploits were well-known to people. Insiders talked all the time about how, mostly thanks to media, his image is portrayed as squeaky-clean to Joe Public may be one of the biggest lies out there. He's known to hang out with Jordan and Barkley - both known philanderers and obsessive gamblers. His inner circle of friends is a far cry from anything that would suggest a good, wholesome life. He was standoff-ish with media, borderline hermitic, and swore more than an Irish sailor.

Shame on her for not using her eyes. I could also suggest a few more reasons, but I think you'd be the wrong one to say it to.

You just got nominated for the most sexist post on DP for 2010!

Fine, say what you will. I stand by my statement. It's her fault. Just like if a woman marries a man who smacks her around, she shares in that blame. Stupidity is not a victimless crime.

You just got nominated for the most sexist post on DP for 2010!

Consider the source! :(

BTW, did you catch her interview in People mag? Totally class act all the way and she said that is the one and only time she will be speaking about the whole mess. That woman has style and Tiger really messed up a good thing.

Fine, say what you will. I stand by my statement. It's her fault. Just like if a woman marries a man who smacks her around, she shares in that blame. Stupidity is not a victimless crime.

The hell it is!! Dude, you do not change your sexist ways? You are gonna end up all alone in this world.

Consider the source! :(

BTW, did you catch her interview in People mag? Totally class act all the way and she said that is the one and only time she will be speaking about the whole mess. That woman has style and Tiger really messed up a good thing.

We might disagree on cola and food stamps, but we are on the same page here.

She is class and Tiger is scum...

chevydriver said:
Moral of the story: Dont get Married

It's a freakin' shame that you can only thank a post once. I'd break my finger thanking this one.

Back
Top Bottom