• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tiger agrees to $750 million dollar divorce settlement

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Tiger Woods banned from letting girlfriends near kids in divorce deal | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre|USA

TIGER WOODS is banned from letting girlfriends near his kids in a divorce deal netting his ex a record £500million.

The love-cheat golfer has agreed to keep single women away from daughter Sam, three, and son Charlie, one.

$750 million settlement? Holy moly.

This can't be just to be quiet about what we already know, or some attempt to hide this from their children. A simple google search will tell these poor kids everything.

There has to be much, much more to this. 3/4 of a BILLION dollars!!

Does Tiger even have this much money yet?

WikiAnswers - How much is Tiger Woods' total net worth

Estimated 600m total net worth in 2009, career earnings of over 1b. Somehow I bet this will not lower his standard of living for any length of time. Still, you got to wonder how they came to agree to that much money.

WikiAnswers - How much is Tiger Woods' total net worth

Estimated 600m total net worth in 2009, career earnings of over 1b. Somehow I bet this will not lower his standard of living for any length of time. Still, you got to wonder how they came to agree to that much money.

I believe her lawyers dug deep and discovered he is worth much more than 1 billion.

Have scoured the websites looking at comments and find it difficult to follow the logic of smashing Elin; I think she deserves every penny.
He was slamming Ho's, and if reports are to believed... without protection. He put both his and her life at risk. He destroyed his relationship with his wife, and his kids unfortunately will live with this blemish.

That said, I like Tiger. The guy is an unapologetic winner, and up to this disaster, kept his private life... private; unfortunately he and his managers crafted an image diametrically opposed to reality, and he really screwed up badly.

I'm sure he will do better, and wish them all well.

Last edited:
Tiger Woods banned from letting girlfriends near kids in divorce deal | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre|USA

This can't be just to be quiet about what we already know, or some attempt to hide this from their children. A simple google search will tell these poor kids everything.

:shrug:

You make a lot - you stab a woman in the back - you suffer

A lot.

Lesson learned: hell hath no fury as a woman's scorn.

However, I strongly disagree with alimony and so on - I think it's sexist mal-standard based on a time in which women were considered submissive to their husband's and dependent on them, etc. It should no longer be acceptable or practiced within any extreme degree (there are some incidences in which it is legitimate - but this isn't one of them).

If there's a bigger argument against getting married, I've never seen it.

Unless you're poor like me. Then it's a good reason to chase the rich girl. Too bad she moved away. :2mad:

I'm speaking on behalf of the rich guy. If it's poor, then yeah it makes sense.

If I was worth a billion dollars, you couldn't put a ring on my finger with a soldering iron.

It's not so much a reason not to get married - as it is a reason to be brown nosing it all the way :)

Tiger did a lot of that - just on all the wrong damn people. :rofl

He may be infected with a chronic and incurable sexually-transmitted illness.
His ex-wife may or may not be infected, and probably won't know with 100% certainty for some time.
He may be paying her to keep her mouth shut about it, so that he can keep trying to make money as a sports figure, and not be known as "Magic Johnson, Jr", and also continue to get laid.

That's one hypothesis.

He may be infected with a chronic and incurable sexually-transmitted illness.
His ex-wife may or may not be infected, and probably won't know with 100% certainty for some time.
He may be paying her to keep her mouth shut about it, so that he can keep trying to make money as a sports figure, and not be known as "Magic Johnson, Jr", and also continue to get laid.

That's one hypothesis.

Thats actually not a bad hypothesis, that is a lot of money to keep quiet about something the world already knows.

Lady Diana got about $22 million. The previous record, I heard, was about $200 million.

I won't defend the putz at all, but $750 million for cheating on your wife?

You mean the biggest argument against getting married ISN'T gay people getting married in some states?

Sorry, wrong thread, I was just shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, to read that there were other, bigger reasons why marriage is in decline.

Last edited:
I hoped she wouldn't get this kind of money the moment it was learned she stated she was specifically trying to get more than Michael Jordan's wife.

I just now read the article. . .and I swear he's a ****tard - he lost custody of his kids for the sake of some skanky, worn out, fishy *****.

Why DO people cheat - don't they have a CLUE this will ever happen?

If someone came up to me and offered me 5 million dollars and sex if I just handed my kid's away - I'd tell them to go **** their selves and keep it. . . typical sports figure - all balls and no brains.

Elin gets sole physical custody of their kids but they will split legal custody.

That means Tiger will share decisions about their future - so Elin will not be able to permanently relocate them to her native Sweden.

Tiger - believed to be building a golf resort in Dubai and investing in the Bahamas - will be able to see the kids for up to half of each week.

He can renegotiate the custody agreement in five years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom