• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Throws like a girl.......

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Another reason girls shouldn't be in combat.

GRENADE TRAINING 101

A hand grenade can go off in 4-5 seconds. Ever hear the saying "throws like a girl"?

In the (new) Marine Corps (with women in combat), this is what it looks like....filmed on location at Camp Pendelton, CA.

http://i.imgur.com/t3CF25z.gif

Funny, but scary, video. Of course, my Army basic training back in the 90s was gender integrated and the only close call we had on the grenade range was with a male recruit. I would not want to be an instructor working the grenade range. You never know what you are going to get.

That'll get your blood pumping!!

I remember grenade training. We spent about half the day tossing practice grenades at targets and running various scenarios before we went to the live range. When I pulled the pin on my first grenade I think I threw it about twice as far as any of the practice ones had gone.:lol:

On a side note, very nice work by the range guys and I have to give special recognition to the guy that grabbed the trainee. Not only did he get the trainee behind the bags first but he also went in on top of her.

GRENADE TRAINING 101

A hand grenade can go off in 4-5 seconds. Ever hear the saying "throws like a girl"?

In the (new) Marine Corps (with women in combat), this is what it looks like....filmed on location at Camp Pendelton, CA.

Those instructors were awesome.

GRENADE TRAINING 101

Damn :shock:

Do they really have them throwing practice grenades without first training with dummies?

That'll get your blood pumping!!

I remember grenade training. We spent about half the day tossing practice grenades at targets and running various scenarios before we went to the live range. When I pulled the pin on my first grenade I think I threw it about twice as far as any of the practice ones had gone.:lol:

On a side note, very nice work by the range guys and I have to give special recognition to the guy that grabbed the trainee. Not only did he get the trainee behind the bags first but he also went in on top of her.

I almost literally got pounded into the ground like a tent stake by a 6'6", 300 lb instructor when I did grenade training back in Basic. :lol:

The guy told me before I threw the grenade, to duck down behind the berm immediately afterwards, and that he would tap me on the top of my helmet when it was time to get back up. If I got back up before that signal, he said he would - holding up a fist easily the size of a boxing glove all by itself - hammer the top of my head until I was flat on the ground. So... I threw the grenade, ducked like I was told to do, and waited for the explosion. I heard it go off, and I thought I felt the instructor tapping on the top of my helmet, so I stood up.

Apparently, I was mistaken. Next thing I knew, I was getting hammered on the top of my head until I was almost in the prone position. lol

GRENADE TRAINING 101

You haven't seen Niece#1 throw. She's a champion softball pitcher, also throws fast-pitch in informal competition. I'd put her up against most non-professional men. She doesn't lose her nerve or flinch either.

If we were in combat and had one grenade, I'd hand it to her.

Last edited:
funny, but scary, video. Of course, my army basic training back in the 90s was gender integrated and the only close call we had on the grenade range was with a male recruit. I would not want to be an instructor working the grenade range. You never know what you are going to get.

Boom!

Yes they were!

They obviously train with dummies....she was right there standing between the instructors!
I aint sayin it didnt happen...I'm just sayin...smells fishy. Not like tuna boat fishy...just...fishy.

I aint sayin it didnt happen...I'm just sayin...smells fishy. Not like tuna boat fishy...just...fishy.

With women in combat now....I ain't touchin that fish analogy. :2rofll:

Do they really have them throwing practice grenades without first training with dummies?

No. Which means she had to have thrown it somewhat properly at some point prior to this. Though it sure doesn't look like it.

The plot thickens....

With women in combat now....I ain't touchin that fish analogy. :2rofll:
The tuna boat comment is meant to send up that flag.

That didn't look like any "practice" grenade I've ever seen. That sucker was the real deal.

The practice grenades we used to use were roughly the same as an M26 but had a small black powder charge about the equivalent of a fire cracker. On training day they handed out the practice grenades and told you not to **** with them. The guy next to me couldn't resist the temptation. He pulled the pin and proceeded to drop it in his lap. Nobody got hurt but I damned near strangled him just on principle.

I almost literally got pounded into the ground like a tent stake by a 6'6", 300 lb instructor when I did grenade training back in Basic. :lol:

The guy told me before I threw the grenade, to duck down behind the berm immediately afterwards, and that he would tap me on the top of my helmet when it was time to get back up. If I got back up before that signal, he said he would - holding up a fist easily the size of a boxing glove all by itself - hammer the top of my head until I was flat on the ground. So... I threw the grenade, ducked like I was told to do, and waited for the explosion. I heard it go off, and I thought I felt the instructor tapping on the top of my helmet, so I stood up.

Apparently, I was mistaken. Next thing I knew, I was getting hammered on the top of my head until I was almost in the prone position. lol

We were throwing into a swampy field with a bunch of truck tires laying around. My first throw apparently landed just right to launch a tire right back at the wall. All I heard was "Cover! Cover!" and couldn't figure out what happened until I heard the tire hit about 20' away.

Last edited:
After further, in-depth, and exhaustive research (Google search, but don't tell anyone) it would appear that the video in question was taken at a military training facility for the Chinese People's Liberation Army.

You haven't seen Niece#1 throw. She's a champion softball pitcher, also throws fast-pitch in informal competition. I'd put her up against most non-professional men. She doesn't lose her nerve or flinch either.

You beat me to it. Cat Ostserman is another girl that can throw. ;)

image.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Osterman

GRENADE TRAINING 101

Had a similiar thing occur with a guy. He threw the pin, dropped the grenade. Guess you do not get out to the grenade range?

GRENADE TRAINING 101

You throw like a guy who throws like a girl!!!

seriously though alot of people can not throw who join the military, I can not throw a football or baseball to save my life, but I aced grenade throwing. I knew too many male soldiers who did the same crap, but throwing a ball and throwing a grenade are two different things.

Throwing a grenade involves using your left arm pointed out as a sight like on a rifle to judge the angle,then you throw with your right, for left handed it is opposite. When throwing a grenade it is a matter of long arcing the throw rather than trying to throw it straight, and judging force, distance and arc of the throw.

Obviously the trainee in the video was not your niece!

Back
Top Bottom