• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Three new studies say humans are not the cause of global warming

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

There you go. More contradictory studies that the climate cult refuses to acknowledge.

I bet the climate nuts are gonna come in here and once again spew out a boatload of fallacies in 3... 2...1...

Hardest job in the world to convert Gullibles who only read headlines in the MSM

Look how they rushed like lemmings to take the Killer Shots without first researching and listening to real science and experts .

And that was a simple problem to find the most accurate answer for , compared to the complexities of this subject .

Take water levels -- 1.5 cms on a maximum ocean depth of 1300 metres . But when I express that as a concern in percentage terms or introduce the expanding planet theory , they go instantly blind and deaf .

Reactions: PoS

There you go. More contradictory studies that the climate cult refuses to acknowledge.

I bet the climate nuts are gonna come in here and once again spew out a boatload of fallacies in 3... 2...1...

Did you actually read the studies or just the article?

Greedy Librull scientists are lying to us so they can steal our money.
Altruistic fossil fuel corporations like Exxon-Mobil, motivated only by their love of humanity and desire to help, are trying to save us from the Librull purrrfesirrrs!!!

GAWD I hate education!!!

lolz.gif

Greedy Librull scientists are lying to us so they can steal our money.
Altruistic fossil fuel corporations like Exxon-Mobil, motivated only by their love of humanity and desire to help, are trying to save us from the Librull purrrfesirrrs!!!

GAWD I hate education!!!

View attachment 67376563

Now, now... This EARTH SHATTERING scientific development has just been revealed by OP... I mean, who doesn't think that an article published on Nov 2, 2021 by an obscure blog of "freelance journalists" has kept this EARTH SHATTERING news quiet for over FOUR months but now the big secret is out!

From the LINK

According to data from the Cloud and Earth Radiant Energy System (CERES),
both clouds and the Earth’s surface are responsible for 89% of global warming...

Not 88 and not 90 but 89% ...

You just have to wonder how they manage to think their methods are that precise.

Believe what you want to believe.

Koch brothers are great propagandists

Koch Family Foundations have spent $145,555,197 directly financing 90 groups that have attacked climate change science and policy solutions, from 1997-2018.

This is total bullshit. The hyperlinks dont work so you can not even read the studies

Dismissed

This is total bullshit. The hyperlinks dont work so you can not even read the studies

Dismissed

Here is the first study mentioned...

And here is a REAL analysis with quotes from the ACTUAL researcher who DID the study...

“The two very independent ways of looking at changes in Earth’s energy imbalance are in really, really good agreement, and they’re both showing this very large trend, which gives us a lot of confidence that what we’re seeing is a real phenomenon and not just an instrumental artifact, ” said Norman Loeb, lead author for the study and principal investigator for CERES at NASA’s Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia. “The trends we found were quite alarming in a sense.”

“It’s likely a mix of anthropogenic forcing and internal variability,” said Loeb. “And over this period they’re both causing warming, which leads to a fairly large change in Earth’s energy imbalance. The magnitude of the increase is unprecedented.”

Loeb cautions that the study is only a snapshot relative to long-term climate change, and that it’s not possible to predict with any certainty what the coming decades might look like for the balance of Earth’s energy budget. The study does conclude, however, that unless the rate of heat uptake subsides, greater changes in climate than are already occurring should be expected.

“The lengthening and highly complementary records from Argo and CERES have allowed us both to pin down Earth’s energy imbalance with increasing accuracy, and to study its variations and trends with increasing insight, as time goes on.” said Gregory Johnson, co-author on the study and physical oceanographer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory in Seattle, Washington. “Observing the magnitude and variations of this energy imbalance are vital to understanding Earth’s changing climate.”

The study itself has some interesting findings
Satellite and Ocean Data Reveal Marked Increase in Earth’s Heating Rate
We show that independent satellite and in situ observations each yield statistically indistinguishable decadal increases in EEI from mid-2005 to mid-2019 of 0.50 ± 0.47 W m−2 decade−1 (5%–95% confidence interval). This trend is primarily due to an increase in absorbed solar radiation associated with decreased reflection by clouds and sea-ice and a decrease in outgoing longwave radiation (OLR) due to increases in trace gases and water vapor. These changes combined exceed a positive trend in OLR due to increasing global mean temperatures.

Here is the first study mentioned...

And here is a REAL analysis with quotes from the ACTUAL researcher who DID the study...

“The two very independent ways of looking at changes in Earth’s energy imbalance are in really, really good agreement, and they’re both showing this very large trend, which gives us a lot of confidence that what we’re seeing is a real phenomenon and not just an instrumental artifact, ” said Norman Loeb, lead author for the study and principal investigator for CERES at NASA’s Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia. “The trends we found were quite alarming in a sense.”

“It’s likely a mix of anthropogenic forcing and internal variability,” said Loeb. “And over this period they’re both causing warming, which leads to a fairly large change in Earth’s energy imbalance. The magnitude of the increase is unprecedented.”

Loeb cautions that the study is only a snapshot relative to long-term climate change, and that it’s not possible to predict with any certainty what the coming decades might look like for the balance of Earth’s energy budget. The study does conclude, however, that unless the rate of heat uptake subsides, greater changes in climate than are already occurring should be expected.

“The lengthening and highly complementary records from Argo and CERES have allowed us both to pin down Earth’s energy imbalance with increasing accuracy, and to study its variations and trends with increasing insight, as time goes on.” said Gregory Johnson, co-author on the study and physical oceanographer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory in Seattle, Washington. “Observing the magnitude and variations of this energy imbalance are vital to understanding Earth’s changing climate.”

Then the blog is flat out lying

The Gullibles are here .

They get so angry when even common sense flies against them .

Ask them about the effects of the Solar Maunder Minimum , OP.

Always fun to see them thrashing around .

'Tha's trooble down at Old Boy's Club, Missus '

I was able to find and read two of the open access studies. Unfortunately the article included a bad link for the third study. After spending some time searching, I was able to find it.

Below are links to each of the three studies:

The Gullibles are here .

They get so angry when even common sense flies against them .

Ask them about the effects of the Solar Maunder Minimum , OP.

Always fun to see them thrashing around .

'Tha's trooble down at Old Boy's Club, Missus '
Yeah you got nothing

?? Why should they acknowledge some small % of contradiction when the fossil fuel fools deny the overwhelming preponderance of peer reviewed studies? Seriously, what kind of sense would that make?
The only boatload of fallacies comes from fossil fuel tools like yourself. Tell me something. What kind of car do you drive?

I was able to find and read two of the open access studies. Unfortunately the article included a bad link for the third study. After spending some time searching, I was able to find it.

Below are links to each of the three studies:
They are all pointing out something different than what the concept of AGW would suggest.
AGW suggests that the outgoing 15 um will be reduced by CO2 absorption, thus increasing the energy imbalance.
What is observed in all three studies is that the imbalance is increasing because of decrease in short wave light.
From your second cited study,
Radiative energy flux data, downloaded from CERES, are evaluated with respect to their variations from 2001 to 2020. We found the declining outgoing shortwave radiation to be the most important contributor for a positive TOA (top of the atmosphere) net flux of 0.8 W/m2 in this time frame.

?? Why should they acknowledge some small % of contradiction when the fossil fuel fools deny the overwhelming preponderance of peer reviewed studies? Seriously, what kind of sense would that make?

The only boatload of fallacies comes from fossil fuel tools like yourself. Tell me something. What kind of car do you drive?
It is not a contradiction, but the data! Earth's energy imbalance is not increasing much because of wavelengths of light associated with CO2.
The outbound long wave radiation is increasing not decreasing, what is decreasing is the outbound short wave radiation.

It is not a contradiction, but the data! Earth's energy imbalance is not increasing much because of wavelengths of light associated with CO2.
The outbound long wave radiation is increasing not decreasing, what is decreasing is the outbound short wave radiation.
If you meant to address my point about the overwhelming preponderance of peer reviewed studies, you've failed miserably.

If you meant to address my point about the overwhelming preponderance of peer reviewed studies, you've failed miserably.
The number of studies mean nothing, if what they predict will happen does not!
This concept of AGW is predicated on increasing CO2 causing outgoing long wave radiation to decrease,
and that is not happening. Earth is experiencing an increase in Energy imbalance, but not from CO2!

This concept of AGW is predicated on increasing CO2 causing outgoing long wave radiation to decrease,
and that is not happening. Earth is experiencing an increase in Energy imbalance, but not from CO2!

Once again, from the guy who did the ACTUAL research...

Researchers say it's a "remarkable" amount of energy that is already having far-reaching consequences.
"It's excess energy that's being taken up by the planet," said Norman Loeb, a NASA scientist and lead author of the study, "so it's going to mean further increases in temperatures and more melting of snow and sea ice, which will cause sea level rise — all things that society really cares about."

In addition to higher global temperatures, the most obvious effect of a positive imbalance, Loeb told CNN "we're going to be seeing shifts in atmospheric circulations including more extreme events like droughts."

"It's man-made change that's shifting the composition of the atmosphere, as well as fluctuations in the climate systems," Loeb said. "The observations are all kind of blended together."

"My hope is the rate that we're seeing this energy imbalance subsides in the coming decades," said Loeb. "Otherwise, we're going to see more alarming climate changes."

So methane? I know there’s a lot that was frozen in permafrost being released.

Did they say where the shortwave radiation was coming from?

Once again, from the guy who did the ACTUAL research...

Researchers say it's a "remarkable" amount of energy that is already having far-reaching consequences.
"It's excess energy that's being taken up by the planet," said Norman Loeb, a NASA scientist and lead author of the study, "so it's going to mean further increases in temperatures and more melting of snow and sea ice, which will cause sea level rise — all things that society really cares about."

In addition to higher global temperatures, the most obvious effect of a positive imbalance, Loeb told CNN "we're going to be seeing shifts in atmospheric circulations including more extreme events like droughts."

"It's man-made change that's shifting the composition of the atmosphere, as well as fluctuations in the climate systems," Loeb said. "The observations are all kind of blended together."

"My hope is the rate that we're seeing this energy imbalance subsides in the coming decades," said Loeb. "Otherwise, we're going to see more alarming climate changes."

Talking to reporters vs what he is willing to publish in peer review!
The studies Including Loeb's all show that the energy imbalance is from a decrease in outgoing shortwave radiation.
This trend is primarily due to an increase in absorbed solar radiation associated with decreased reflection by clouds and sea-ice and a
decrease in outgoing longwave radiation (OLR) due to increases in trace gases and water vapor. These changes combined exceed a positive trend in OLR due to increasing global mean temperatures.
The concept of AGW says that added CO2 would cause a decrease in the (OLR) Outgoing Longwave Radiation,
but what has been observed in a decrease in outgoing Shortwave radiation!

Talking to reporters vs what he is willing to publish in peer review!
The studies Including Loeb's all show that the energy imbalance is from a decrease in outgoing shortwave radiation.

The concept of AGW says that added CO2 would cause a decrease in the (OLR) Outgoing Longwave Radiation,
but what has been observed in a decrease in outgoing Shortwave radiation!

So what has the peer review concluded?

Agreed. The proponents of man made global warming have predicted the rise in global temperature, the thawing tundras, the melting glaciers, the rise in sea levels, the changing weather patterns . . . . etc. All of that is happening!

Back
Top Bottom