• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Three Holy Kings banned from nativity scene in church

In short: The problem is, that the statue of the black king is a kind of caricature of a black person.
If they replaced it with a normal statue of a black person, the problem would be solved.
But they take it as a pretext, to do away with the TREE HOLY KINGS altogether.

They could always put up a statue of Morgan Freeman. Who could possibly object to Morgan Freeman?

Seriously though, I don't recall the Bible calling the wise men kings, or numbering them for that matter.

Seriously though, I don't recall the Bible calling the wise men kings, or numbering them for that matter.

The Bible speaks of "wise men of the East" - or so.
And as there were 3 presents one thinks of three men.

I hope you are not one of those fanatically fundamental "Bible Christians" who hate anything that is not mentioned in the Bible!
There is also such a thing as "Christian tradition and culture" that should not be dis-regarded!

LOL your aloof "I dont care" act is so blatantly fake no one is falling for it, bro. Try something else. :LOL:

Aww...did that trigger you? Just a 'lil? Seriously, I had to read back through the thread to even remember what this was about. Someone needs to get over themself.... :LOL:

giphy.gif

I hope you are not one of those fanatically fundamental "Bible Christians" who hate anything that is not mentioned in the Bible!
There is also such a thing as "Christian tradition and culture" that should not be dis-regarded!

Not at all. I just like to know my sources.

As regards the question of Bible literalism, I tend to be inspired by Kierkegaard and the Warchowski brothers (you know "The Matrix" trilogy).
To help someone find their their way, you cannot start giving directions from where you are. You have to start where they are.
Also, Humans are not really capable of making choices that they are incapable of comprehending, so sometimes they end up rationalizing those choices with some amazing mental gymnastics and myth-making rather than reality.

As such, any divinely inspired message that has been comprehended by the recipient to a degree where it could conceivably be written down in the form of a holy text, would logically have to be the result of a higher being communicating the good message to a bunch of primitive herdsmen fond of buggery and human sacrifice in a form they were capable of comprehending and appreciating, and THEN subjected to thousands of years of distortion, ambition, and imperfection.

But what me worry? According to the big guy, the new law is already written in my heart. :)

Aww...did that trigger you? Just a 'lil? Seriously, I had to read back through the thread to even remember what this was about. Someone needs to get over themself.... :LOL:
Yeah, its you LOL

Claims he doesnt care, yet keeps coming back to thread in order to explain himself.

LMAO. Must be an Ontario thing.

But to chase all the three Holy Kings out of the church - that is too much!
"Holy Kings"... :rolleyes:

There should be no pictures of any kind in church. They should get rid of the cross and the crucifix, too.

The rest is idle talk.

Yeah, its you LOL

Claims he doesnt care, yet keeps coming back to thread in order to explain himself.

LMAO. Must be an Ontario thing.

Now we're going around in circles. Go back to the post about how I've watched the Trailer Park Boys. As long as you want to air reruns, I'll return to laugh at you. :) (y)

And then there is Christian truth...the men were unnumbered and they were magi/astrologers...a pagan custom...

..a pagan custom...

And in your narrow world pagan means "satanic" and ending up in hell.
People like you give Christianity a bad name.
A very bad name!

That these wise men came to bring presents for the new-born Jesus is no redeeming factor for you.

I always knew that fundamentalists are narrow-minded.
But I did not know quite how narrow minded.

I will follow the events!
Especially on January 6th!
Here in the German state of Baden-Württemberg this day is a public holiday dedicated to the THREE HOLY KINGS (Drei-Königs-Tag).
It would be a sad day if those kings were banned from the Minster in Ulm on their own day!

It would be a sad day if those kings were banned from the Minster in Ulm on their own day!
Nobody is banning the three kings. Why are you repeating the lie you've already been corrected on?

In Germany:

In Germany, the holiday is called: „Heilige Drei Könige”, „Dreikönigsfest” or „Dreikönigstag” and is celebrated mostly by Catholics. In the calendar of Evangelical Church it’s also present, however, it’s not celebrated so much. In most of the german regions it's a working day, but in regions: Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg and Saxony-Anhalt this day is a bank holiday. People mark houses with letters: C+M+B+year, what is interpreted as first letters of the names of The Three Kings or as the shortcut from Latin: "Christus mansionem benedicat“. The Three Kings day is also connected with the sixteenth century tradition of children singing carols in local parish ( Sternsinger). Children dress like Three Kings and walk from house to house, singing carols or praying. In this way, they collect charitable donations. In the past, children were rewarded with apples or nuts.

https://www.colorland.com/uk/inspirations/three-kings-day-celebration-in-europe

The blessing for this year is:

20 + C + M + B + 20

Long live Melchior & Caspar & Balthasar! - May her lum always reek! :)

Now we're going around in circles. Go back to the post about how I've watched the Trailer Park Boys. As long as you want to air reruns, I'll return to laugh at you. :) (y)
Nobody cares what lame movies you like. Counting trees all day gives one an inflated sense of ego since they cant talk back to you, right?

Three Holy Kings banned from nativity scene in church

That is the news:

German church wants black image of three kings banned for ‘racist caricature’

What do you think of it?
If we are referring to the wise men who are frequently depicted in nativity scenes (Joseph, Mary, and there is baby Jesus in a pile of hay) it is scripturally inaccurate.

The wise men arrived in Jerusalem after Jesus was born. Further, the wise men called on King Herod prior to finding Jesus. When they found Jesus, he was in Bethlehem in a HOUSE, not a manger, and he is described as a "young child" not an infant. Later, Herod, fearing a potential rival for the throne, orders every male child from two years old and younger killed, in the hopes of killing whomever the rival might be. This prompted Joseph to take Mary and Jesus and flee to Egypt.

Regardless of the motivations, removing the magi from the nativity scene is no big deal.

Does anyone consider the entourage of three kings traveling through the desert.
This would have consisted of thousands of people.

Never can get enough Myrrh

Those were no kings.
They were wise men.
Wise men can do without entourage.

Back
Top Bottom