• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Three Holy Kings banned from nativity scene in church

Those were no kings.
They were wise men.
Wise men can do without entourage.
Magi...

“There should not be found in you anyone...who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah." Deuteronomy 18:10-12

The word Magi comes from the greek word 'magos' (where the english word 'magic' comes from). Magos itself comes from the old persian word 'Magupati'. This was the title given to priests in a sect of the ancient Persian religions such as Zoroastrianism. Today we'd call them astrologers. Back then astronomy and astrology were part of the same overall studies (and 'science') and went hand in hand with each other. The magi would have followed the patterns of the stars religiously.

It was wise.

I would have to see an image of the German black wise man that they want to change before making a decision. I have a small ceramic nativity scene. My black wise man seems to be more handsome that the other two.

Nobody cares what lame movies you like. Counting trees all day gives one an inflated sense of ego since they cant talk back to you, right?

Unrelated, but something I was wondering...whatever happened to your Amazon Author link? You still writing, or...? Also, are you on KU?

No Christmas without the Three Holy Kings! :)

Back
Top Bottom