• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thread for RU/UKR War Crimes

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Thread for RU/UKR War Crimes
Seems it pops into other threads.
All doubt about Russia committing War Crimes has been removed

This is a terrible thing, and I know we shouldn't look away from it. But before anybody starts posting videos and pictures of the atrocities, I just want to say that I have trouble looking at such things, and I might not have the stomach to open this thread again. But I want you to know that I pray for the victims every day and for this terrible nightmare to end.

In the Kiev area they have found approx 30-40 & of people in mass graves were executed - From UKR Govt

Russians accused of burying 9,000 civilians in mass grave near Mariupol

The mayor of the besieged port city of Mariupol said Russian troops have buried as many as 9,000 civilians killed in the conflict in a nearby mass grave in order to cover up “military crimes.” “The greatest war crime of the 21st century has been committed in Mariupol. This is the new Babi Yar,” Mariupol Mayor Vadym Boychenko said, referring to the site of multiple Nazi massacres in which nearly 34,000 Ukrainian Jews were killed in 1941. Boychenko and the city council in Mariupol accused Russians of burying civilians killed in Manhush, about 12 miles west of Mariupol, in large trenches they had dug. He said “the bodies started disappearing from the streets of the city,” charging that the Russians were “hiding the trace of their crimes and using the mass grave as one of the instruments for that.” Petro Andriushchenko, an adviser to the mayor who is not currently in the city, posted satellite photos to Telegram claiming to show the growing mass grave, according to CNN.

To dispose of the tens of thousands of bodies of civilians killed/murdered in Mariupol, the Russians are using mobile crematoriums and mass trench graves.

Moscow is betting that Ukrainian forces will not someday liberate Mariupol and reveal Russia's war crimes.

‘They were trying to escape’: Ukrainian man says he saw Russian forces shooting civilians

AAWwTnh.img

HAVRONSHCHYNA, Ukraine — Driving past nondescript fields in the countryside near Kyiv, it’s easy to miss a small family car abandoned by the side of the road. But the vehicle — riddled with bullet holes, strewn with baby clothes and spattered with human remains — is a microcosm of the horror that has befallen Ukraine. “It was chaos. I couldn’t feel anything. I was numb. Some people were trying to hide in my house. I was trying to pick up wounded people,” said Yuriy Patsan, 42, a mechanic, in describing the incident on March 15 that ended with the car being stranded outside his house on the edge of this small village of about 1,000 residents around 30 miles west of the capital, Kyiv. Patsan said Russian troops who had been occupying Havronshchyna had agreed to allow civilians to leave in a convoy. He said he and his wife had packed their car and were ready to join the end of the column of vehicles as it passed by. “They were trying to escape. Men, women and children. And the Russian vehicles came up behind them and started to shoot,” he said. He added that none of the vehicles were driving erratically and he had no idea why the Russians opened fire. “People were running away, and they were being shot at. I saw an old man get shot. I fled to my house. Then slowly I came back and saw the bodies,” Patsan said.

He added that when he approached the Volkswagen hatchback outside his home, he could see it had a piece of white cloth attached to it to mark it as a civilian vehicle. He could also see a woman bent over a toddler trying to protect it in the backseat, and an older woman and a teenager in the car, he said. They were all dead. A male driver had lost an eye, fingers and a lot of blood and was barely alive, he said, adding that he got him out of the car and took him into his home. As Russian patrols, guns cocked, scoured the area near his house, Patsan said he waited for opportunities to drag the bodies from the car and bury them in a shallow grave in his yard. He made a makeshift cross, he said.“It’s tradition. Everybody deserves respect,” he added. Alexander did not speak much about the incident, Patsan said. But he said he came to understand that the teen in the car was Alexander’s son, and the mother and child were not related to him. The older woman was not related to anyone else in the car and the toddler was too disfigured to know its gender, he added. NBC News saw that the vehicle was still outside Patsan’s house on April 14, just over a month after the attack occurred. A baby bottle and baby shoes were still in the car, as well as a notebook with a shopping list for staples like milk, eggs and butter.

Yet another Russian war crime in Ukraine.

Similar to another video I saw where a man came out of his car with hands up - his wife and children inside and he was shot on the spot.
Putin won't personally pay or serve any time for these crimes due to Russia's arsenal and place on the Security Council.

Indeed. Plus the Russian constituion [conveniently] forbids the extradition of Russians.

Similar to another video I saw where a man came out of his car with hands up - his wife and children inside and he was shot on the spot.
Putin won't personally pay or serve any time for these crimes due to Russia's arsenal and place on the Security Council.
Plus Russia's policy never to hand over any Russian citizens (President of course included) to any outside judicial body.

Much like the US, actually.

Russian Troops to Desperate Mom: Pay Ransom or We’ll Send Your Son’s Execution Video

iu

'They promised to send me a video of his execution'

A filmmaker from Mariupol is faced with an agonizing ordeal. She has been told to pay around $5,350 to Russian troops or her son Alexey will be executed on camera. Olga Novikova, who is well known in her native Ukraine, posted details of the Russian threat in a since deleted Facebook post Sunday evening. She says she has until Monday to collect the money and get it to the rogue Russian contingent holding her son captive. “If I don’t pay up, they promised to kill him and send me a video of the execution,” she told independent Russian outlet Meduza. “The bottom line is that there’s no guarantee they’ll let him live even after I pay the ransom.” Novikova learned of her son’s capture in Mariupol through a message from her son’s Facebook account asking for her Telegram phone number, she said. Someone then called her on Sunday night via her son’s Facebook messenger account purporting to be a Russian soldier, she says. They told her she had 15 minutes to make an offer to free her son. “If you make an offer that interests us, we’ll let your son live; if not, we’ll shoot him,” she said they told her.

When they called back, they demanded €5,000, which she does not have. She told them that as a refugee she has no access to money. “That’s not our business,” they told her. “If you don’t manage to get it, we’ll send you a video of your son being killed.” She says she was told that her son, whose age is unclear, is being kept apart from other prisoners of war. Novikov, who left Mariupol on March 18 with the female members of her family, says the Russians she dealt with did not let her speak to her son, but sent her a video that appeared to show he was alive along with a photo of his student ID from Mariupol State University and his passport. In the video he told his mother that he had not been beaten, but she doesn’t believe them. “Of course he told the camera that they haven’t been beating him,” she said. “I have no idea what’s actually happened. They could have beaten him, threatened to cut off his fingers, or anything else.”

Words cannot convey my contempt for these Russian animals.

@Rogue Valley
Old saying to many cooks in the kitchen.
Ukraine should have the co -lead on this with another suitable country.. Coordination of investigations, information, to documents is critical
This massive War Crime needs those to be identified and charged.
If they leave Russia, bag them then

Back
Top Bottom