• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thousands rally in Berlin against refugees... 'No Muslims on German Soil'...

It can’t be a very coherent protest it they can’t even decide on whether they’re protesting against immigrants, refugees or Muslims. The might become dangerous if they ever focus on a singular target or their nationalist hate but at the moment this just seems like unfocused reactionary knee-jerking (with an emphasis on the “jerk”).

It can’t be a very coherent protest it they can’t even decide on whether they’re protesting against immigrants, refugees or Muslims. The might become dangerous if they ever focus on a singular target or their nationalist hate but at the moment this just seems like unfocused reactionary knee-jerking (with an emphasis on the “jerk”).

These days, Muslims are the main refugees flooding into Germany. What's the contradiction?

My wife is headed to Germany with high school students in a few weeks and one of the stops is Berlin. I'm hoping there won't be trouble.

You forget to mention that the counter-protest ("Nazis out!") drew four times as many people (IIRC, the news reported it was 1,800 right-wing extremists against 8,000-10,000 counter-protesters). ;)

My wife is headed to Germany with high school students in a few weeks and one of the stops is Berlin. I'm hoping there won't be trouble.

Don't worry. I live in the city and it's pretty safe. You have such small rallys (with less than 10,000 people) almost every weekend here. You can easily avoid them, the city is big enough for that and they're usually limited to a small area. And cases when they become violent are very rare.

In past decades, 1st of May used to be a day when left-wing protests for the "Labor Day" often ended in violence (anarchists damaging shops and cars and throwing rocks on the police, the police firing back with tear gas), but even those could easily be avoided by just not going to Kottbusser Tor on that day between ca. 8pm and 2am. And then, these protests don't really exist anymore, it's been very peaceful in the past years.

But I'd watch out for pickpockets.

These days, Muslims are the main refugees flooding into Germany. What's the contradiction?
Not contradiction, just lack of clarity. Are they objecting because they’re mostly Muslims (and so wouldn’t object to lots of non-Muslim refugees/migrants), are they objecting on the basis of numbers (and so wouldn’t object to a smaller number of Muslim refugees/immigrants) and are they objecting to refugees, long-term migration or both (or are they completely ignorant of the difference)? Are they only objecting to new Muslims or do they want existing (even native born) Muslims kicked out too?

Basically, how can their concerns be addressed if they’re not clear what those concerns actually are?

Not contradiction, just lack of clarity. Are they objecting because they’re mostly Muslims (and so wouldn’t object to lots of non-Muslim refugees/migrants), are they objecting on the basis of numbers (and so wouldn’t object to a smaller number of Muslim refugees/immigrants) and are they objecting to refugees, long-term migration or both (or are they completely ignorant of the difference)? Are they only objecting to new Muslims or do they want existing (even native born) Muslims kicked out too?

Basically, how can their concerns be addressed if they’re not clear what those concerns actually are?

You forgot that some of them just object to "them sandniggers besmirching our superior Aryan blood and soil".

There is a bigger chance of a drive by shooting on the way to the airport in the US than there is for "trouble in Berlin".

Back
Top Bottom