• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thousands of rounds within a minute: ATF agent warns of new device being attached to guns

Wrong.
There are 4 elements for fire - oxygen, fuel, heat, and chemical reaction.
Ummm - isn't "fire" the "chemical reaction"?

And isn't "heat" the result of that "chemical reaction"?

Why do all of the fire prevention books say that what you need is

[1] fuel​
[2] an oxidizer​
and​
[3] a source of ignition​

and that, absent any one (or more) of those three you will have no "fire"?

Ummm - isn't "fire" the "chemical reaction"?

And isn't "heat" the result of that "chemical reaction"?

Why do all of the fire prevention books say that what you need is

[1] fuel​
[2] an oxidizer​
and​
[3] a source of ignition​

and that, absent any one (or more) of those three you will have no "fire"?
That's what I've read. BTW, just because I've been in so many arguments over this, oxygen doesn't burn It's not fuel it's the oxidizer.

Arrest anyone who has any of these objects !!!!! Charge them with possession of a "Terrorist Enabled Weapon".
There is no purpose or legal function for having such a thing.
  • Possession = Penalty: 20yrs... without possibility of parole.
  • Anyone who manufactures or make at home such a thing, get's Penalty: Life without the possibility of parole.
We don't need such savage barbarians who have these type of things in society.​
That reminds me of the person who owned well over 300 guns.

The best response to "What do you think of this guy?" that I read was along the lines of

"I heartily approve. If the man is a reliable, responsible, gun owner, then he won't have the time to shoot anyone with any of those guns because he will be spending so much time​
[1] refreshing his skills in the use of them on the range,​
[2] cleaning them,​
and​
[3]keeping them operational.".​

The Fire Triangle

Yeah, that's poorly written. There are oxidizers other than oxygen.

This thread is comical.

So...heres the deal. They exist. Bangers are your primary concern. Go do something about the bangers doing illegal shit or shut the **** up.

No one ever wants to address the problem.

This thread is comical.

So...heres the deal. They exist. Bangers are your primary concern. Go do something about the bangers doing illegal shit or shut the **** up.

No one ever wants to address the problem.
Whether its black, brown or white gang bangers, race hate groups, anti government types or just plain... psycho killer.... I say.... Anyone with the object.... get's the same Penalties

Of course they do. How many bystanders are killed or injured in drive by knife attacks? Is that not violence? Your silly arguments get sillier with each iteration.
How many are killed by knife homicides in 2017.
How many were killed by m
These pistols with a switch?
Hmmm.?
Rifles.. including the so called assault rifles? 403.

Now... do knives cause violence?
Sorry but there is nothing silly about facts.

If you go by the facts..knives way " outkill"
Assault rifles..shotguns ..

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVED IN YOUR PREMISE YOU WOULD CALL FOR BANNING AND OR BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR KNIVES..SINCE ACCORDING TO YOUR PREMISE THEY CAUSE PEOPKE TO KILL.

Wrong.
There are 4 elements for fire - oxygen, fuel, heat, and chemical reaction.
Nope, 3. Fire IS the chemical reaction, my friend.

The Fire Triangle

Yeah, that's poorly written. There are oxidizers other than oxygen.
No, oxidizers are all sources of oxygen. "Oxidizing chemicals are materials that spontaneously evolve oxygen at room temperature or with slight heating or promote combustion. This class of chemicals includes: Peroxides. Chlorates." "
In more common usage, an oxidizing agent transfers oxygen atoms to a substrate. In this context, the oxidizing agent can be called an oxygenation reagent or oxygen-atom transfer (OAT) agent.[3] Examples include MnO−
4 (permanganate), CrO2−
4 (chromate), OsO4 (osmium tetroxide), and especially ClO−
4 (perchlorate). Notice that these species are all oxides." Wikipedia

How many are killed by knife homicides in 2017.
How many were killed by m
These pistols with a switch?
Hmmm.?
Rifles.. including the so called assault rifles? 403.

Now... do knives cause violence?
Sorry but there is nothing silly about facts.

If you go by the facts..knives way " outkill"
Assault rifles..shotguns ..

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVED IN YOUR PREMISE YOU WOULD CALL FOR BANNING AND OR BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR KNIVES..SINCE ACCORDING TO YOUR PREMISE THEY CAUSE PEOPKE TO KILL.
Oh, look! There go those goalposts again! It wasn't even subtle.... jeez, really not good at this, are you. It was amusing, once, but now it is just tedious. As if you understood or abided by facts. Now THAT is amusing!

I wish I could say it was fun while it lasted, but it never was.

Haaa. Belt fed pistol. I'd love to see that grouping.

My friend, do you not realize that you literally just proved my point? From your link:
bullet2.gif (950 bytes)
The chemical, exothermic reaction that is fire.

Back to the topic... Many of the original "submachine guns" were, in fact, "machine (automatic) pistols". And some of those graduated to actual machine guns as they developed into long guns. It is silly, frankly, to try to pretend that these devices don't convert a pistol into a "machine gun" as defined by federal law.

As a more general point, we, as a society, need to come to grips with the power that even semi-automatic weapons place into the public. But, I don't think that there is much rational argument that prohibiting these devices - or other conversions of semi-automatic firearms to fully-automatic devices - is a rational response to the danger to the public, in the same way that the free flow of nitroglycerin is detrimental. Firecrackers may be a minor danger to the public (but still highly regulated), but dynamite is of a magnitude higher.

Back to the topic... Many of the original "submachine guns" were, in fact, "machine (automatic) pistols". And some of those graduated to actual machine guns as they developed into long guns. It is silly, frankly, to try to pretend that these devices don't convert a pistol into a "machine gun" as defined by federal law.

As a more general point, we, as a society, need to come to grips with the power that even semi-automatic weapons place into the public. But, I don't think that there is much rational argument that prohibiting these devices - or other conversions of semi-automatic firearms to fully-automatic devices - is a rational response to the danger to the public, in the same way that the free flow of nitroglycerin is detrimental. Firecrackers may be a minor danger to the public (but still highly regulated), but dynamite is of a magnitude higher.

Such conversions of semi-automatic firearms have been prohibited or strictly regulated for about 90 years now.

So your position is essentially a conservative one, advocating for the status quo.

I’m sure your definition of child is the precise one that makes firearms not the #1 cause of death.
No, but the actual definition is the reason why firearms are not the #1 cause of death among children.

@braindrain
Firearms recently became the number one cause of death for children in the United States, surpassing motor vehicle deaths and those caused by other injuries.

View attachment 67434637

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently released updated official mortality data that showed 45,222 firearm-related deaths in the United States in 2020 — a new peak

18 and 19 year olds are not children, but they are added to the figures above. Children under the age of 1 ARE children, but omitted from the figures above.

So, the claim that firearms is the #1 cause of death in CHILDREN, has repeatedly been proven to be a lie in this and every other thread it's been claimed.

I suggest that you take a close look at the diagram (which shows that fire is NAME OF the chemical reaction that takes place).
Jesus. No more wasted time with you.

Oh, look! There go those goalposts again! It wasn't even subtle.... jeez, really not good at this, are you. It was amusing, once, but now it is just tedious. As if you understood or abided by facts. Now THAT is amusing!

I wish I could say it was fun while it lasted, but it never was.
Umm..
You do realize that you are the one
throwing the goal posts around right?
Guns cause violence
Knives..which kill more than rifles or shotguns.. apparently do.

Umm..
You do realize that you are the one
throwing the goal posts around right?
Guns cause violence
Knives..which kill more than rifles or shotguns.. apparently do.
I don't eat bait. All those innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire in gang knife fights.... see it on the news all the time, right?

I don't eat bait. All those innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire in gang knife fights.... see it on the news all the time, right?
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/sixth-and-final-ms-13-member-i

Back
Top Bottom