• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

THOUSANDS OF EGYPTIANS Rage Against US and CNN at Cairo Rally

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
by Jim Hoft
July 8, 2013

THOUSANDS OF EGYPTIANS marched today through the streets of Cairo to express their support for the army’s ouster of Islamist President Mohamed Mursi following mass protests.

The protesters carried anti-US and anti-CNN signs at their rally.

[video]Pro-Morsi US Ambassador Ann Patterson was a frequent target at the rally.[/video]​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
THOUSANDS OF EGYPTIANS Rage Against US and CNN at Cairo Rally (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Understanding that Obama supporters also supporting the supposed Peaceful Muslim Brotherhood consider Fox News to be non-truthful, when time after time ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN have been caught editing and in some cases making false accusations.

by Jim Hoft
July 8, 2013

THOUSANDS OF EGYPTIANS marched today through the streets of Cairo to express their support for the army’s ouster of Islamist President Mohamed Mursi following mass protests.

[video]Pro-Morsi US Ambassador Ann Patterson was a frequent target at the rally.[/video]​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
THOUSANDS OF EGYPTIANS Rage Against US and CNN at Cairo Rally (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Understanding that Obama supporters also supporting the supposed Peaceful Muslim Brotherhood consider Fox News to be non-truthful, when time after time ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN have been caught editing and in some cases making false accusations.

"Democracy is messy." ~ Donald Rumsfeld

Is there anything you don't blame on Obama?

Um... since when? The closest anyone on the left ever got to supporting them was accepting that we can't dictate who wins other countries' democratic elections. But it's certainly good that the Egyptian people rose up against their right wing religious factions to stop them from gaining control and imposing religious law on an otherwise more secular people.

Obama Administration Draws Closer to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood

By C. Hart
July 23, 2012

The cozy relationship between the United States government and the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood should be cause for concern both to Americans and to Israelis. U.S. lawmakers are calling for an investigation into President Barack Obama's administration to determine whether some associations with Islamists could be detrimental to the security of the United States.

(snip)

The Obama administration has displayed considerable favor towards the Muslim Brotherhood, beginning with the rejection of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak during the peak of the Egyptian revolution last year. Bachmann, along with U.S. Representatives Trent Franks, Lynn Westmoreland, Louie Gohmert, and Thomas Rooney, wants to know why this favor has increased since Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi took office.

Read more:
Articles: Obama Administration Draws Closer to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood

This is from a year ago. If you read the complete article you'll see that Obama was all for the Muslim Brotherhood ruling Egypt. Today he does nothing but golf while Egypt sinks deeper into chaos. Obama's Mission Accomplished

The Egyptian people have chose Fox as their sacred news channel and their dismay with CNN is because they are infidels.

Is there anything you don't blame on Obama?

It might be a far shorter list if you could identify for us those situations in the world where Obama has actually benefitted the circumstances on the ground.

Obama Administration Draws Closer to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood

By C. Hart
July 23, 2012

The cozy relationship between the United States government and the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood should be cause for concern both to Americans and to Israelis. U.S. lawmakers are calling for an investigation into President Barack Obama's administration to determine whether some associations with Islamists could be detrimental to the security of the United States.

(snip)

The Obama administration has displayed considerable favor towards the Muslim Brotherhood, beginning with the rejection of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak during the peak of the Egyptian revolution last year. Bachmann, along with U.S. Representatives Trent Franks, Lynn Westmoreland, Louie Gohmert, and Thomas Rooney, wants to know why this favor has increased since Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi took office.

Read more:
Articles: Obama Administration Draws Closer to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood

This is from a year ago. If you read the complete article you'll see that Obama was all for the Muslim Brotherhood ruling Egypt. Today he does nothing but golf while Egypt sinks deeper into chaos. Obama's Mission Accomplished

Have to say you're arguing against yourself here - on the one hand, you're implying that Obama promoted and protected the Muslim Brotherhood's rule of Egypt and on the other hand you're implying that Obama is ignoring their plight and the demise of the Muslim Brotherhood's rule in Egypt.

Well, I'm thinking that Mr. CIA told Mr. Egyptian Military Generals "You know, we know that Ikhwan was elected democratically, but.....we don't like them, but, you like our guns, no? So we keep getting you guns and you get rid of Signore Morsi, capeche? "

Now, anyone who is anyone knows that the only legitimate rival to the MB is?????? SALAFIS

Oh, the oppression, the soccer stadium beheadings, the hijabs on top of burkas, the pyramids are shirk and they gots to go, the SALAFIS.

So, does Mr. CIA want the Salafi's in power? No, no, no. I don't think that he does.

So, round and round the mulberry bush Egypt will go until the people "democratically" elect suitable people to govern.

and don't ever forget, "They hate us for our freedom...
as I had said originally here.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/164147-egypt-appointment-new-luxor-governor-sparks-anger-2.html#post1062029246

No excuse for you.

Or for you.

If you don't like the USA, Maybe you would be happier somewhere else.

The entrance to the exit is always wide open.

It's up to you.

Have a nice millisecond.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

It might be a far shorter list if you could identify for us those situations in the world where Obama has actually benefitted the circumstances on the ground.

It's true that there's very little he's accomplished. But the OP wasn't calling him impotent -- it was closer to saying he is omnipotent. You can't have it both ways.

by Jim Hoft
July 8, 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Actually, it looks top me like they're mostly protesting Obama, and CNN.

It's true that there's very little he's accomplished. But the OP wasn't calling him impotent -- it was closer to saying he is omnipotent. You can't have it both ways.

Agreed, although I'm not trying to have it both ways - I'm simply questioning the left wing/media story that Obama was going to transform the US for the better on the world stage and if anything, Obama has destroyed what moral authority and fear from power that the US held before he took office. The US is no more influential in the world in general and the middle east in particular than any other country - people quickly stop listening to someone who never backs up their words.

Are you claiming that Obama in particular is portrayed as the almighty? I don't see where that was claimed, especially coming fro Muslims. Now we all can remember CNN caught in many lies in the past.

Are you claiming that Obama in particular is portrayed as the almighty? I don't see where that was claimed, especially coming fro Muslims. Now we all can remember CNN caught in many lies in the past.

Obama is portrayed as having all sorts of control over what happens in Egypt. Yet, the right also likes to paint him as impotent. So which is it? Is he too powerless to do anything, or does he have control over the whole world?

The Egyptian people have chose Fox as their sacred news channel and their dismay with CNN is because they are infidels.

Wow, I didn't know that Fox is pro Muslim. But CNN has Fareed Zakaria, and Christiane Amanpour representing the Islamic portion of reporting. How can that be?

Where did I say FOX was pro-muslim?

Fareed Zakaria, and Christiane Amanpour and Barak Hussien Obama. Perhaps it's sabotage? Perhaps these 3 have strayed from the path to Allah. You never know who is what. Look at Jesus Christ, a jew, who collects all that money from Christians. Makes your head spin, don't it?

Wow, I didn't know that Fox is pro Muslim. But CNN has Fareed Zakaria, and Christiane Amanpour representing the Islamic portion of reporting. How can that be?

Where did I say FOX was pro-muslim?

Fareed Zakaria, and Christiane Amanpour and Barak Hussien Obama. Perhaps it's sabotage? Perhaps these 3 have strayed from the path to Allah. You never know who is what. Look at Jesus Christ, a jew, who collects all that money from Christians. Makes your head spin, don't it?

Are you claiming or implying that Barack Obama is also employed by CNN?
The implication made was that Barack Obama was "Omnipotent", I simply answered that statement. Perhaps it makes your head spin. Jesus doesn't collect money. Whether you're Jewish, Christian, or Muslim donations to the priests, Rabbis, or Mullahs would be proper. No big deal. Where do you think Mosques, Synagogues, and Churches come from? People's donations. Atheists join clubs and pay dues don't they?

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're attempting to say here but I don't know how you can really justify your claim that Obama supporters have supported the Muslim Brotherhood. I certainly haven't seen that.

Agreed, although I'm not trying to have it both ways - I'm simply questioning the left wing/media story that Obama was going to transform the US for the better on the world stage and if anything, Obama has destroyed what moral authority and fear from power that the US held before he took office. The US is no more influential in the world in general and the middle east in particular than any other country - people quickly stop listening to someone who never backs up their words.

In fairness, I think most of the left wing would consider a U.S. with diminished international influence and power to be a good thing.

I don't think that's the case and I think much of the recent violence in the Middle East can be blamed on our reduced stature.

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're attempting to say here but I don't know how you can really justify your claim that Obama supporters have supported the Muslim Brotherhood. I certainly haven't seen that.

Simply, can you point to any time before the latest turmoil in Egypt when Obama has praised or protected the Muslim Brotherhood, where Progressives and the Democrats have disagreed with Obama's words and actions regarding the MB?

Back
Top Bottom