• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thousands of cars form lines to collect food in Texas (CNN video)

(CNN)Thousands of people lined up for groceries at a food bank distribution event in Dallas, Texas, this weekend, with organizers saying the Covid-19 pandemic has increased need in the city.
Texas becomes the first US state with more than 1 million Covid-19 infections

North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) distributed more than 600,000 pounds of food for about 25,000 people on Saturday, according to spokeswoman Anna Kuruan. There were 7,280 turkeys distributed to families, Kuruan told CNN.

Photos provided by NTFB show thousands of cars lined up for NTFB's Drive-Thru Mobile Pantry at Fair Park. Kuruan said the need for food "has certainly increased" with the pandemic, with Texas last week becoming the first US state to report 1 million cases of coronavirus.
================================================================
I don't think we can expect these conditions to get any better soon.
Wait...we're not in the middle of a record economic expansion? I'd love to see Sen. McConnell handing out some of these boxes.

I saw some nice cars at a drive up food bank I worked at.

They all seemed ashamed to be there.
That's the saddest thing I've heard all day...

(CNN)Thousands of people lined up for groceries at a food bank distribution event in Dallas, Texas, this weekend, with organizers saying the Covid-19 pandemic has increased need in the city.

North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) distributed more than 600,000 pounds of food for about 25,000 people on Saturday, according to spokeswoman Anna Kuruan. There were 7,280 turkeys distributed to families, Kuruan told CNN.

Photos provided by NTFB show thousands of cars lined up for NTFB's Drive-Thru Mobile Pantry at Fair Park. Kuruan said the need for food "has certainly increased" with the pandemic, with Texas last week becoming the first US state to report 1 million cases of coronavirus.
I am not trying to be a smart ass with this comment, but I am surprised. I know the state has a lot of COVID, but that’s because they are keeping the economy open. Their state leaders are not taking this very seriously. How is this happening exactly?

And McConnell only wants a "skinny" new stimulus bill. ($500 billion, when economists say we need roughly $4 trillion).

Let 'em starve he says.

And McConnell only wants a "skinny" new stimulus bill. ($500 billion, when economists say we need roughly $4 trillion).

Let 'em starve he says.
And Nancy would have settled for half that a month ago, every time she lowered the number and said let's talk Mitch cut his number in half. We shall see what happens at the end of January, unfortunately that will be far too late to help Millions.

And the soulless scum-sucking GOP won't lift a greedy finger.

See, it's a horrible sin to borrow to help people. What we really need to do, per the GOP, is to borrow against our childrens' futures so that the super rich can get super-duper-rich with more tax cuts. Because that's, um, ...err....Jesus said rich people are awesome and should be idolized, or something.....

In my almost seventy years in america, I have never seen anything like these food lines. Best economy ever. The stock market is not the economy.
This is a frigging disgrace and it's happening in different states. What's it going to be like when we have a quarter of a million people a day being infected? Masks, hell no, my rights.

You are a prime example of what's wrong with america. It's all about you, you, you and screw everyone else.
Yes indeed.I got mine and I'm keeping it.The hell with everyone else.I earned it.Go and get yours.

You are a prime example of what's wrong with america. It's all about you, you, you and screw everyone else.
And as you see he is damn proud of what he is. There are always going to be his ilk among us, many even profess to be Christians of some sort, Meh.. We just need to work around them, and get things done, and Good God don't elect his ilk to any position of authority.

Yes indeed.I got mine and I'm keeping it.The hell with everyone else.I earned it.Go and get yours.
Every republican earns what they have and oddly enough they are the only species. Everyone else are freeloaders.

Back
Top Bottom