• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thousands of cars form lines to collect food in Texas (CNN video)

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

(CNN)Thousands of people lined up for groceries at a food bank distribution event in Dallas, Texas, this weekend, with organizers saying the Covid-19 pandemic has increased need in the city.
Texas becomes the first US state with more than 1 million Covid-19 infections

North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) distributed more than 600,000 pounds of food for about 25,000 people on Saturday, according to spokeswoman Anna Kuruan. There were 7,280 turkeys distributed to families, Kuruan told CNN.

Photos provided by NTFB show thousands of cars lined up for NTFB's Drive-Thru Mobile Pantry at Fair Park. Kuruan said the need for food "has certainly increased" with the pandemic, with Texas last week becoming the first US state to report 1 million cases of coronavirus.
================================================================
I don't think we can expect these conditions to get any better soon.

(CNN)Thousands of people lined up for groceries at a food bank distribution event in Dallas, Texas, this weekend, with organizers saying the Covid-19 pandemic has increased need in the city.

North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) distributed more than 600,000 pounds of food for about 25,000 people on Saturday, according to spokeswoman Anna Kuruan. There were 7,280 turkeys distributed to families, Kuruan told CNN.

Photos provided by NTFB show thousands of cars lined up for NTFB's Drive-Thru Mobile Pantry at Fair Park. Kuruan said the need for food "has certainly increased" with the pandemic, with Texas last week becoming the first US state to report 1 million cases of coronavirus.

Oh my. :(

Food- and housing-insecure people suffer especially hard.

People need to wear their damn masks.

I'm sure there were plenty of Cadillac Escalades,Porsche,and other expensive cars in that line.Some people would take bags of poop if it was free.

Oh my. :(

Food- and housing-insecure people suffer especially hard.

This is not a result of mask wearing or not

This is a result of vain politicians shutting down our economy(Destroying oneself)

I'm sure there were plenty of Cadillac Escalades,Porsche,and other expensive cars in that line.Some people would take bags of poop if it was free.

Yep, poor people in the states are like kings in other parts of the world

I wish people did instead of being so selfish. I was really shocked this year when I saw that people value their own freedom over the lives' of other people.

Do you not know that the majority of people who get COVID that nothing even happens to them?

SIGH

How outrageous! They should be willing to starve to death rather than going into public as an act of mass murder-suicide.

Do you not know that the majority of people who get COVID that nothing even happens to them?

SIGH
Then what about the 240k people who died from it? Should we just discount the small percentage of deaths and say that COVID is completely safe?

I saw some nice cars at a drive up food bank I worked at.

They all seemed ashamed to be there.

SIGH
And many of them spread it to others who do without even knowing or aging that they may have killed somebody with their assholery.

Yep, poor people in the states are like kings in other parts of the world
Which will be a true statement when our poor people are one percent better off than the poorest in the world.

I mean we have indoor plumbing and wood floors and glass winders. Some even have color TVs!

Shame in us.

SIGH
Do you know that some who recovered from COVID (mild to severe) now are developing long term health issues.
SIGH

This is not a result of mask wearing or not

This is a result of vain politicians shutting down our economy(Destroying oneself)

Your ilk is just fine with a quarter of a million dead Americans and a surge more coming in the Upper Midwest. Do not deceive yourself into thinking that your eugenist, accelerationist base has ANY room to speak about managing the pandemic. :)

Xi's man isn't even officially elected and this is underway.

Starvation and deprivation are the reward for allowing the Stalinist democrats to steal the election.

SIGH

This kind of ignorance is why we are going to need a national mask mandate.

The period of discussion at the national level has closed. It does not matter how entitled the anti-maskers are: It matters that the ignorance that they and their Rethuglicans are showing are literally getting people killed. That tops any idiotic point they could possibly make.

The period of discussion at the national level has closed. It does not matter how entitled the anti-maskers are: It matters that the ignorance that they and their Rethuglicans are showing are literally getting people killed. That tops any idiotic point they could possibly make.

How are facts "ignorance," Comrade?

He made a factual statement. The left hates science, but medical science shows that 99.4% of people who contract the Wuhan virus will recover.

No, the only ignorance here is SOMEBODY(wink) isn't answering my question

Your ilk is just fine with a quarter of a million dead Americans and a surge more coming in the Upper Midwest. Do not deceive yourself into thinking that your eugenist, accelerationist base has ANY room to speak about managing the pandemic. :)

Your ilk is just fine with a quarter of a million dead Americans and a surge

Now to fill in all your HOLES

(1) Inflated COVID death numbers

(2) Most deaths are over 70 with some kind of PRE -Existing condition

(3) 2 1/2 Million people died in The U.S. Yearly pre COVID(NORMAL)

'(sigh)

Do you know that some who recovered from COVID (mild to severe) now are developing long term health issues.
SIGH

Oh.... SOME..........(sigh)

Some: an unspecified amount or number of.

(LOL)

Which will be a true statement when our poor people are one percent better off than the poorest in the world.

I mean we have indoor plumbing and wood floors and glass winders. Some even have color TVs!

Shame in us.

Keep going?

They have cars, Fancy sports Jersey's and Shoes, cell phons

yep

And many of them spread it to others who do without even knowing or aging that they may have killed somebody with their assholery.

That happens with the common Flu(sigh)

Then what about the 240k people who died from it? Should we just discount the small percentage of deaths and say that COVID is completely safe?

Dude, 2 1/2 million die every single year normally(Pre COVID)

Never let a crisis go to waste

And you can see from some of our compassionate conservatives here their empathy is overwhelming.....

And you can see from some of our compassionate conservatives here their empathy is overwhelming.....

There's the EMOTIONAL Liberal Post(gasping for air)

(LOL)

Back
Top Bottom