• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thousands in the streets of Montreal chanting USA and waving Trump banners

Isn't Montreal Canada's Portland Oregon or San Francisco?

Amazing clips from this weekend

100,000 in Montreal Canada March for Freedom — They Chant ‘USA-USA-USA,’ Fly ‘Trump 2020’ Flags & Protest Overbearing COVID-19 Policies – TopTradeGurus

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"They explained how the Canadian government allegedly killed thousands of people by sending COVID-19 patients to senior residences."

You mean that's not Trump's fault too?

Your article says “Canadians Love Trump”?? How could that be? They are slurping the Kool-Aid too?
To hear his critics tell it, everyone loathes Trump...

“President Trump, if you were running here, I think you would be elected. And this is Canada.“

Does my heart well to know that not everyone in Ca. is brain washed against the potus.

"They explained how the Canadian government allegedly killed thousands of people by sending COVID-19 patients to senior residences."
You mean that's not Trump's fault too?
Your article says “Canadians Love Trump”?? How could that be? They are slurping the Kool-Aid too?
To hear his critics tell it, everyone loathes Trump...
“President Trump, if you were running here, I think you would be elected. And this is Canada.“
Does my heart well to know that not everyone in Ca. is brain washed against the potus.

Even in Montreal people know what globalization means for them ... and it's not good.

“Trump epitomizes the revolt against globalism. People must run their affairs, not politicians. If America falls to the globalists, it’s easier for the rest of the world to follow.”

– Rally goer in Montreal, Qb

100,000 in Montreal Canada March for Freedom — They Chant ‘USA-USA-USA,’ Fly ‘Trump 2020’ Flags & Protest Overbearing COVID-19 Policies – TopTradeGurus

Why in the hell am I just hearing about this now?

I know the mainstream news media despise Trump, are Covid alarmists and mask Nazis, but this was 100,000 freaking people?

Why in the hell am I just hearing about this now?
I know the mainstream news media despise Trump, are Covid alarmists and mask Nazis, but this was 100,000 freaking people?

Nothing to see here ... move along ... /s

Eriech:

Your linked article is very inaccurate and severely misrepresented what happened. There were several thousand protesters not 100,000. They were a wide cross-section of disaffected people angry at the Quebec Provincial Government for its ham-handed mismanagement of the Covid-19 epidemic. The march was filled with marginal dissidents such as conspiracy peddlers through Hare Krishnas to anti-mask and anti-vaccine campaigners. Well represented were QAnon boosters and pro-Trump supporters as well. At its longest the march stretched only about six blocks long. It was a manifestation of how disaffected some folks have become with many dimensions of present day policy.

Anti-mask protest in Montreal draws large crowd, propelled by U.S. conspiracy theories | CBC News

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Eriech:

Your linked article is very inaccurate and severely misrepresented what happened. There were several thousand protesters not 100,000. They were a wide cross-section of disaffected people angry at the Quebec Provincial Government for its ham-handed mismanagement of the Covid-19 epidemic. The march was filled with marginal dissidents such as conspiracy peddlers through Hare Krishnas to anti-mask and anti-vaccine campaigners. Well represented were QAnon boosters and pro-Trump supporters as well. At its longest the march stretched only about six blocks long. It was a manifestation of how disaffected some folks have become with many dimensions of present day policy.

Anti-mask protest in Montreal draws large crowd, propelled by U.S. conspiracy theories | CBC News

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
You should read everything with skepticism especially by the msm.

The videos were cool that they were made in Montreal by Les Canadiens.

If they are trapped in Canada for the winter there will be "peaceful protests " like in Portland.

You should read everything with skepticism especially by the msm.

The videos were cool that they were made in Montreal by Les Canadiens.

If they are trapped in Canada for the winter there will be "peaceful protests " like in Portland.

Eriech:

I am a Montrealer, born and bred. While I no longer live there, I was in Montreal at the weekend visiting friends and old co-workers. I was downtown during the march and it was a rather small affair.

The Legault Government has so mismanaged this whole public health crisis that folks are mad at him, his government and his party. However Portland and Minniapolis levels of violence are extremely unlikely. Banging pots and pans is more the speed of this protesting culture today in Montreal. If something should happen to trigger violence it will be shut down quickly, sort of like hockey riots are.

As a weird aside, back in 2008 IIRC the Government of Quebec and several major cities passed laws making the wearing of masks during public demonstrations illegal. In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic they then passed laws making not wearing masks in public demonstrations illegal. However the previous laws were not amended in order to give the authorities "flexibility" in dealing with public demonstrations. So now it both mandatory and illegal to wear a mask while participating in a public demonstration in Montreal, creating a Catch-22 situation that allows police to arrest you no matter what you do. Milo Mindbender would be proud and Franz Kafka is smiling from beyond the grave. Vive L'ancienne Regime! (Long live the old order!).

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

If you want to actually generalize about Canadian opinion as to Trump please get real.

Why is there so much attention to American elections abroad? After all, no matter who becomes the winner, nothing will change. The american politicians will continue to lie, bomb, kill, rob, interfere, invade, impose sanctions, organize coups, persecute dissidents and be hypocrites anyway.

Why is there so much attention to American elections abroad? After all, no matter who becomes the winner, nothing will change. The american politicians will continue to lie, bomb, kill, rob, interfere, invade, impose sanctions, organize coups, persecute dissidents and be hypocrites anyway.
Chico,
..same reason no one pays you any attention....oh go on...its called the theory of relativity, e=(mc x mc). Here let me make it easy on you:

Russian spam = crap x crap

You are welcome. Have a nice day comrade.

True Marxists:

Groucho, Harpo, Gummo, Chico, Zeppo, Marky Mark

Back
Top Bottom