• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Though Most LGBTQs Vote Democratic, New Poll Shows 45% of Queer Men Backing Trump

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is an article from Newsweek last Tuesday that I found pretty interesting:

Though Most LGBTQs Vote Democratic, New Poll Shows 45% of Queer Men Backing Trump
BY DANIEL VILLARREAL ON 9/15/20 AT 12:21 AM EDT

A recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

The poll, conducted by the queer men's social app Hornet, actually asked 10,000 of its users worldwide about their preferred presidential candidate. But while 66 percent of worldwide users supported Biden and 34 percent supported Trump, the percentages among U.S. men were much closer.

The line that grabbed me was this one:

"However, 10 percent of the U.S. men who said they "do not support [Trump] at all" said that they will vote for him regardless."

There's only one reason that 10% of gay men in the US who do not like Trump at all would still vote for him... It's because what the Democrats offer is so unappealing. That could be any number of things, like they see Biden as to far gone and incapable of governing. Maybe it's the thought of Harris being made president when Joe falls completely apart. It could be the fact that they've lived through 4 years of watching democrats do nothing else but go after Trump. Maybe they see the democrats as a danger to the country after watching them either directly, or silently, support violent riots in cities across the US.... or maybe it's all of the above.

"However, 10 percent of the U.S. men who said they "do not support [Trump] at all" said that they will vote for him regardless."

There's only one reason that 10% of gay men in the US who do not like Trump at all would still vote for him... It's because what the Democrats offer is so unappealing. That could be any number of things, like they see Biden as to far gone and incapable of governing. Maybe it's the thought of Harris being made president when Joe falls completely apart. It could be the fact that they've lived through 4 years of watching democrats do nothing else but go after Trump. Maybe they see the democrats as a danger to the country after watching them either directly, or silently, support violent riots in cities across the US.... or maybe it's all of the above.

Well said

And probably a lot of everyday Dems hetero or otherwise feel the exact same way...:)

The Hornet Poll

Of the 10,000 men Hornet surveyed, 12% identified themselves as U.S. citizens. Of those 1,200 American men, 51% answered they would be voting for Joe Biden in the upcoming presidential election, while 45% — just shy of one-half — said they would be casting their ballot for Donald Trump.

Twelve percent of 10000 is 1200, yes?
Thirty-four percent of 1200 is 408, yes?

How ****ing desperate does one have to be to try to equate 408 voters into a national trend?
The Log Cabin Republicans media project Outspoken tweeted out the survey Tuesday, as did Brandon Straka, who’s gay and a founder of the Walk Away ASTRO-TURFED movement.

Sorry but this sounds like sheer desperation, or as the Blade says, "click-baity sloppy journalism".
Are you really that addicted to Tucker Carlson?

How ****ing desperate does one have to be to try to equate 408 voters into a national trend?
The Log Cabin Republicans media project Outspoken tweeted out the survey Tuesday, as did Brandon Straka, who’s gay and a founder of the Walk Away ASTRO-TURFED movement.

Sorry but this sounds like sheer desperation, or as the Blade says, "click-baity sloppy journalism".
Are you really that addicted to Tucker Carlson?

Why are you attacking me? The story is from Newsweek, not something I made up.

The one thing in my post that should concern you and anyone else infected with TDS, is the part you ignored. The fact that 10% of those men in that survey who didn't support trump, and said that there wasn't any policy of his they supported, said they were going to vote for him anyway. I don't remember ever seeing any poll in any previous election, where people who 100% disagreed with a presidential candidate said they were still going to vote for that candidate.

Why don't you take your political blinders off and give that some thought.

It’s a dating app poll. Why are you doing this to yourself?

This is not the least bit surprising. My brother is a gay conservative. Just because he's gay doesn't mean he wants leftwing lunatics ruining the economy and the country. It's the same logic where people think blacks would want their neighborhoods less safe by doing away with the police.

This is not the least bit surprising. My brother is a gay conservative. Just because he's gay doesn't mean he wants leftwing lunatics ruining the economy and the country. It's the same logic where people think blacks would want their neighborhoods less safe by doing away with the police.

A gay conservative, eh? Interesting.

A gay conservative, eh? Interesting.
Sure. My brother has always been a hardworking conservative. Why would he want nuts leading the country who have no idea how to govern?

Sure. My brother has always been a hardworking conservative. Why would he want nuts leading the country who have no idea how to govern?

I believe you when you say your brother is a conservative.

Do you know how many voters are voting against Trump by voting for Biden? Even if they could care less about Biden? Far more than 10%.

Cool but like with blacks and Hispanics, Cons would rather call them names than appear to give a shit about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, believe it or not. Not every gay is a flag-waving protesting lunatic who defines himself by his sexual preference. My brother, for example, is aghast at the Marxist flakes who seek to take control of this country and destroy the economy and the investments by brother has built up.

Do you know how many voters are voting against Trump by voting for Biden? Even if they could care less about Biden? Far more than 10%.

I don't know how many are, but I would venture you'd be hard pressed to find any of them who don't like Joe Biden and are against every single one of his policy proposals.

gay men tend to be more affluent than many other groups. Biden's tax hike schemes don't appeal to them. More and more gays are becoming gun owners too.

Guys, believe it or not. Not every gay is a flag-waving protesting lunatic who defines himself by his sexual preference. My brother, for example, is aghast at the Marxist flakes who seek to take control of this country and destroy the economy and the investments by brother has built up.

Why do you keep quoting someone we have no means to verify, nor can they stand up for their own opinion? Besides, of course there are gay republicans. Duh.

gay men tend to be more affluent than many other groups. Biden's tax hike schemes don't appeal to them. More and more gays are becoming gun owners too.

Yeah because they are afraid of Conservative nut jobs that want to beat them up for looking at them.

Why do you keep quoting someone we have no means to verify, nor can they stand up for their own opinion? Besides, of course there are gay republicans. Duh.
I didn't quote anyone. And what would make you think my brother would have to 'stand up for his own opinion'?

Yeah because they are afraid of Conservative nut jobs that want to beat them up for looking at them.

what group tends to be most hostile towards gay men?

I didn't quote anyone. And what would make you think my brother would have to 'stand up for his own opinion'?

You absolutely quoting him. You are declaring beliefs for this person you claim exists in order to make a point. We don’t know him, can’t verify anything. and you’re just putting words in his mouth.

and I don’t even know what the point is? Only folks who think in stereotypes would insist it’s weird that a gay person can be a conservative. I was a conservative Republican when I was eating out the wives of lots of other Republican men. I personally know for a fact that there is *so* much gayness running through the conservative pop, I don’t know what the point is of invoking this one anecdotal reference point?

You absolutely quoting him. You are declaring beliefs for this person you claim exists in order to make a point. We don’t know him, can’t verify anything. and you’re just putting words in his mouth.

and I don’t even know what the point is? Only folks who think in stereotypes would insist it’s weird that a gay person can be a conservative. I was a conservative Republican when I was eating out the wives of lots of other Republican men. I personally know for a fact that there is *so* much gayness running through the conservative pop, I don’t know what the point is of invoking this one anecdotal reference point?

Conservative men love the glory holes.

I don't know how many are, but I would venture you'd be hard pressed to find any of them who don't like Joe Biden and are against every single one of his policy proposals.
I think you're trying to draw unsupported conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom