• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Those strictly non-binary persons - against whom should they compete in sports?

• against other non-binary persons

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • against whoever they like

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not care

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Has nobody ever thought of this question?

Has nobody ever thought of this question?
There have been a few threads on it.

I'd let the sport teams decide. Not sure about the percentage when a team votes to decide the fate of a player.
I mean, they're the ones that have to play/work with the person.

Add sections for competition

Modified and super modified

Super modified would be where performance enhancements are allowed. Drugs, genetic modifications, prosthetics ( ie artificial legs and arms)

It's a complex issue but my honest opinion is that there should be category for transgendered persons. I am supportive of identity and gender choice but recognize that a trans woman will still have lung capacity, muscle mass advantage and other physical traits that are a biological advantage over non trans women. That's not fair in seriously competitive sports.

Reactions: AJG
It's a complex issue but my honest opinion is that there should be category for transgendered persons. I am supportive of identity and gender choice but recognize that a trans woman will still have lung capacity, muscle mass advantage and other physical traits that are a biological advantage over non trans women. That's not fair in seriously competitive sports.
Since the real issue is physical ability I feel like the fairest solution would be to actually separate people based on physical ability rather than a person's sex/gender (although obviously there's a very strong correlation there), like how there are weight classes in boxing but bring the same concept to other sports too. Not sure how feasible that would be however.

Back
Top Bottom