• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Those in Favor of Daylight Saving

Daylight Saving

• Total voters

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I don't really care but I would prefer to keep it how it is. I do like having both benefits of the different times and the time switches do not affect me. (It's a frickin Saturday night/Sunday morning, sleep in a little or wake up a little early.)

I do think though it would be funny if a lot of people wrote in to ask the House to go to standard time, and that is what they chose to vote to keep us in, and it started a nice little conflict between the House and the Senate over which it should be so we ended up with neither, staying as it is. Doubt this will happen, but I can dream.

I don't really care but I would prefer to keep it how it is. I do like having both benefits of the different times and the time switches do not affect me. (It's a frickin Saturday night/Sunday morning, sleep in a little or wake up a little early.)
A huge plurality of Americans are incredibly (and irresponsibly) sleep deprived. Every time we change clocks, a lot of them turn into walking catastrophes for the few days following. Auto accidents, ER visits, workplace and medical error rates explode. It's recommended to keep to yourself and not to put your life into other people's hands during clock changes.

A huge plurality of Americans are incredibly (and irresponsibly) sleep deprived. Every time we change clocks, a lot of them turn into walking catastrophes for the few days following. Auto accidents, ER visits, workplace and medical error rates explode. It's recommended to keep to yourself and not to put your life into other people's hands during clock changes.
Eh, hype. We went through 10 time changes on the way out to the Gulf and ten coming back 5 months later when we did WestPacs. Didn't notice any significant changes in how people were, accidents working on the ship. I just think this is more of correlation and some irresponsibility.

In honesty though, it doesn't bother me if they change it or not.

I wouldn't mind it staying DST, but being an early bird, the sunrise after 8 am in December kind of sucks. Of course, it's that or sunset at 3:50 in the afternoon. December kinda sucks. Good thing we've got Christmas lights.

I think it's long outlived its original purpose and is a useless pain in the ass.

Im all for DST coming to an end

Screenshot 2022-03-16 150456.png

We should simply all be on GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)--- adjusted regionally to time zones here in the USA (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific. A "standard time" was first adopted around the time that railroads were beginning to spread across England and then later North America as a means to accurately schedule transportation, and then later keep track of trains. Jumping around and trying to figure various local times was chaotic.

Daylight savings time adjustment is just stupid. Hours of DAYLIGHT is not determined by where you move the hands of the clock to. The amount of daylight is determined by which latitude you are located on the globe in relation to the changing seasons (you know, the whole Earth tilted on it's axis thing).
For example: If you are a farmer an extra hour of daylight doesn’t help things if you’ve got an extra hour of darkness in the morning when you’ve got to go out and work in a field, so farmers are smart enough to figure out that the clock does not change the amount/length of daylight, and then adjust to the season.

EarthCirclesAndSunRays.png

http://wordpress.mrreid.org/2014/10/19/rate-of-change-of-day-length-with-latitude/

you are correct-traffic accidents, strokes, heart attacks, etc are all increased -especially after the leap forward. harvesting combines have lights on them. Get rid of DST

I think it's long outlived its original purpose and is a useless pain in the ass.

Either make Daylight Savings Time permanent, or make Standard Time permanent.

I think time and human effort saved by not having to switch clocks twice a year will easily make up for any discomfort caused by the sun not being up or down or whatever when a given hour occurs.

Mark me down for standard time - no more clock switching.

The older I get, the more I hate the adjustment. Once upon a time I could run a 6 minute mile and bench press 300 pounds, stay up at the bar til 2am and roll into work ready to go at 7am.

Now I can barely bench my body weight, I'd be lucky to crack 9 minutes on that mile, and an hour of interruption to my sleep pattern sends me sideways for 2 or 3 days. Not to mention that bar time is just waistline expansion time nowadays.

Yuck fu if you want to keep changing the clock. I don't like you.

So many hostile people over this issue just makes me want to start a movement to change the clocks a couple more times during the year, just to shake things up even more.

Ask your Congressman to pass a bill to end DST. That's my goal is to convince enough people to convince the House to pass the bill for standard time.
When i say im all for ending DST, im actually referring to ending the "chaning" the clocks back and forth like the chart shows, my mistake for not being clear

if i had to pick a time BETWEEN standard and DST, I pick DST and keep it. I prefer more daylight in the evenings and couldnt careless about it being darker longer in the morning

Eh. I sympathize with parents who'd prefer their kids not have to walk to school in the dark.

So many hostile people over this issue just makes me want to start a movement to change the clocks a couple more times during the year, just to shake things up even more.
Clock.gif

Back
Top Bottom