• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Those evil corporations leading the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu Ghatze

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
in the clean up efforts in the wake of the hurricane. Imagine such evil exploitive companies like Ford, who is permitting their creditors of deferring their payments for a couple months, the Lowes stores who donated hundreds of thousands of free bottled water, ..& oh yes...the company that the left loves to hate, .."Wall Mart" who already gave 1-million dollars in cash for the relief efforts, ..& all of them among others will be taking donations from within their stores for the relief efforts as well!

I'm sure "THEIR" generosity will go little noticed for the most part by the mass media! :roll:

Stu Ghatze said:
in the clean up efforts in the wake of the hurricane. Imagine such evil exploitive companies like Ford, who is permitting their creditors of deferring their payments for a couple months, the Lowes stores who donated hundreds of thousands of free bottled water, ..& oh yes...the company that the left loves to hate, .."Wall Mart" who already gave 1-million dollars in cash for the relief efforts, ..& all of them among others will be taking donations from within their stores for the relief efforts as well!

I'm sure "THEIR" generosity will go little noticed for the most part by the mass media! :roll:

Oh horrible we saying terrible things about our saviors Walmart and Ford. Do you think that any of this money came from Corporate Profits?

Now that Ford is now importing many of their engines and parts from Asia, instead of making them in the USA, I wonder how many good Americans are out of work because of this? Yet their cars do seem to work. I drive a Japanese car, instead of a car assembled from Japanese parts. lol Yet I have nothing against ford and think their assistance in relief is nice.

If Walmart is still assisting people to get on their feet six month from now, when it is going to really needed, then I will applaud them.

Walmart has never been an American Company accept in License. they exploit their workers and sell much cheap second rate junk. I have not been in a Walmart in the last 15 years. I guess if it was the only place to go rather than die, I might consider it,,,,,,,,,,, No-----I'd Rather die.

If you look at the advertising budgets of these corporations, they probably save money from the P.R. they get from such charitable donations.

And if you look at the issue of corporate tax-evasion, if they paid their taxes, the federal disaster relief fund would be a lot better funded, and FEMA would have more resources on the scene of such disasters.

It's a double edged sword you see, and our side is much sharper.

Oh, and where did you hear about the donations?

In wrong forum, closing thread.

SWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom