• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thor returns to Star Trek in next Trek Film. Star Trek: Rebooting the reboots reboot

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]Paramount Pictures has announced a fourth "Star Trek" film with Chris Hemsworth returning to the rebooted franchise.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The studio said Monday the next chapter in the sci-fi saga will focus on Chris Pine's Captain Kirk crossing paths with the father he never met. Hemsworth, who appeared in the 2009 "Star Trek," will reprise his role as Kirk's father, George Kirk.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No title or release date was announced.[/FONT]

Paramount announces 4th 'Star Trek' film | Fox News

Re: Thor returns to Star Trek in next Trek Film. Star Trek: Rebooting the reboots re

The problem with the idiotic current franchise is that they are dumb, mindless action flicks, where all that happens is things gettin' blowed up real good. "Cerebral" would be a welcome return.

Re: Thor returns to Star Trek in next Trek Film. Star Trek: Rebooting the reboots re

The problem with the idiotic current franchise is that they are dumb, mindless action flicks, where all that happens is things gettin' blowed up real good. "Cerebral" would be a welcome return.

JJ Doesn't do cerebral, and asking 2fast2trek director to go there is a bit much too. Maybe the new film will surprise us, but I doubt it.

JJ Doesn't do cerebral, and asking 2fast2trek director to go there is a bit much too. Maybe the new film will surprise us, but I doubt it.

According to RottenTomatoes it is another franchise up with emotional candy down with storytelling froth piece. But given how badly films suck this year this is good enough to score 91%.

Indeed. It's plagued this latest reboot series of films. Kinda a bit let down from what came before. Hopefully, with this change of topic and director, some of the old magic will come back, but I kinda doubt it.

Indeed. It's plagued this latest reboot series of films. Kinda a bit let down from what came before. Hopefully, with this change of topic and director, some of the old magic will come back, but I kinda doubt it.

The entire project needs to be ditched.

The entire project needs to be ditched.

BUT>BUT>BUT.......if they did not do 15 Star Trek's, maybe they only do three, then they would need to come up with a bunch of good stories. I mean, where would they come from? THis culture is not as robust as it once was, and the education system has long been crap.

The elite spin it that Hollywood is pro crap anti risk, but I think the reality is that the brain trust has become mush, that they cant produce anything close to enough good new work to justify their existence, and pay, and celeb status.

Either way Hollywood has long been solidly on my "YOU SUCK!" list. Watching good cinema is one of the great funs of this life, I wish I saw more good new stuff, a lot of it is crap, sometimes unwatchable.

Last edited:

I made it through the first Abrams one, but hit the "eject DVD" button about 30 minutes into Into Darkness for that reason. I can't stand action movies, but that's what his version of Trek is.

Back
Top Bottom