• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Will Surprise Many People

Brtblutwo

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Given the general indifference Republicans show towards women, it will surprise many around the world that GOP senators joined with Democrats to unanimously pass a bill giving basic rights to sexual-assault survivors.

The “Sexual Assault Survivors' Rights Act” introduced by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H) establishes the right for victims' to have their rape kits preserved for free and prevent rape kits from being destroyed until the statute of limitations ends in the state where the crime occurred.

Victims must receive 60 days in advance notice of the kit's expiration date from the state is also a provision in the Act.

Had this bill passed congress after Trump becomes POTUS, it would have been assured a veto.

The Senate Just Unanimously Passed a Bill to Give Basic Rights to Sexual-Assault Survivors | Mother Jones

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you agree with me that's fine. If you do not, I don't really care.

Given the general indifference Republicans show towards women, it will surprise many around the world that GOP senators joined with Democrats to unanimously pass a bill giving basic rights to sexual-assault survivors.

The “Sexual Assault Survivors' Rights Act” introduced by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H) establishes the right for victims' to have their rape kits preserved for free and prevent rape kits from being destroyed until the statute of limitations ends in the state where the crime occurred.

Victims must receive 60 days in advance notice of the kit's expiration date from the state is also a provision in the Act.

Had this bill passed congress after Trump becomes POTUS, it would have been assured a veto.

The Senate Just Unanimously Passed a Bill to Give Basic Rights to Sexual-Assault Survivors | Mother Jones

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are plenty on liberal colleges that will put these kits to good use.....right?

The only thing about the Act that surprises me is that it would appear that evidence of severe crime was not maintained till statute of limitations overtook its usefulness.

I am not surprised. What a disappointment. Ruined my day.

Then I presume you are one of the few surprised as this passed a Republican controlled Senate. The rest of us are not so hyper-partisan.

Since the first part of your sentence is NOT a given, that means the second part of your sentence can only be true for those who share your partisan and non-reality-based perception.

Typical liberal...

First you spout off with nonsense and then you shut down any acceptance of discussion. I can only think the reason you posted this is to hear yourself talk.

Last edited:
The OP has 48 posts 36 of which are thread starters. Chances are he won't be back here.

Indifference towards women?

It's just another bigot deciding for us what we believe, it's no different than the people who pushed the "watermelon and fried chicken eating" image of blacks. They hate and need a reason to justify their hate, so they grab on to some stupid crap that some other bigot said and decide that it's the truth, so their hatred is justified.

Congress was able to put aside its partisan rancor long enough to actually pass a bipartisan bill? Wow, I am surprised.

Bills that are passed unanimously can easily overcome a veto.

I can't stand the Republicans. I think Trump would be a disaster. And I do believe certain Republican positions are detrimental to women. But I can understand where they are coming from, even if I disagree.

But seriously? This has to be one of the more partisan posts I have seen. Republicans think law enforcement is one of the responsibilities government should have so this bill doesn't violate their principles AND it helps crime victims AND it doesn't cost much. Why would Republicans be against this?

I can't stand the Republicans. I think Trump would be a disaster. And I do believe certain Republican positions are detrimental to women. But I can understand where they are coming from, even if I disagree.

But seriously? This has to be one of the more partisan posts I have seen. Republicans think law enforcement is one of the responsibilities government should have so this bill doesn't violate their principles AND it helps crime victims AND it doesn't cost much. Why would Republicans be against this?

Apparently, they weren't.

Despite the fact that the Democrats were for it.

Maybe there is hope after all.

Why do you post something idiotic on a thread of something important?

Nutter comment. Obvious troll is obvious.

Back
Top Bottom