• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This surprised me on destroyed Russian tanks in Ukraine.

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have been going on Youtube to see video's of Russian equipment that has been destroyed. What surprised me was the fact that much of the equipment is well out of date. Most of the tanks that I have seen are updated T-72's T-80's and some of the older model T-90's. I had wondered how the hand held weapons were raining such destruction on the Russian armor and it is because much of it is out of date equipment that would stand little chance against modern tanks that are in use by the NATO members. Beyond the age of the equipment is the failed logistics of the Russian's. I saw a picture of a farmer from Ukraine sitting in a completely fine Russian tank that had run out of fuel and then abandoned by the Russian's. What is the old saying, logistics wins wars. For those who have ever read about WWII, remember the "Red Ball Express" which kept our military fueled and armed during WWII in Europe.

Reactions: PoS
With an economy smaller than Texas, they can only buy so much.

They found out that their newest tank, the Armata, is too expensive to produce.

I have been going on Youtube to see video's of Russian equipment that has been destroyed. What surprised me was the fact that much of the equipment is well out of date. Most of the tanks that I have seen are updated T-72's T-80's and some of the older model T-90's. I had wondered how the hand held weapons were raining such destruction on the Russian armor and it is because much of it is out of date equipment that would stand little chance against modern tanks that are in use by the NATO members. Beyond the age of the equipment is the failed logistics of the Russian's. I saw a picture of a farmer from Ukraine sitting in a completely fine Russian tank that had run out of fuel and then abandoned by the Russian's. What is the old saying, logistics wins wars. For those who have ever read about WWII, remember the "Red Ball Express" which kept our military fueled and armed during WWII in Europe.

The equipment is no more out of date and the updated 1970’s era M1 Abrams we’ve been sending to Iraq.

Gotta clean out the old inventory lol.
Russia never cleans out their military inventory on purpose, they just store it until its needed.

Back
Top Bottom