• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This Subject Needs To Be Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It's over, either remove this gossip thread or start one or every shooting death in America!

It's over, either remove this gossip thread or start one or every shooting death in America!

How about only when the POTUS, or a congress critter, chimes in on a criminal case? It is not simply this debate site but every freaking news source that I have seen which is obsessed with this "issue".

The POTUS says otherwise. SYG, self defense and gun control are being revisited as we type.

Not to mention the States ability to ruin a man (and his family's) life over pure political BS.

I disagree, folks should have the freedom to discuss whatever interests them.

This case isn't just about the shooting, after all, it's a case study of many things that are wrong (and right) with this country.

There is much to be learned from the Zimmerman case: Race relations, minority crime and punishment, gun rights, self-defense law, political and governmental overreach, and the complete loss of faith in the mainstream American media. Historians will point to this case for generations, and we have the good fortune to see it unfold right in front of us.

Too bad I'm not working towards an advanced degree in sociology or anthropology right about now, my thesis would write itself.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
This is not the proper location to make suggestions regarding the forum makeup.

At this time we will not be closing the Zimmerman/Martin forum as there's still substantial posts and content relating to it occuring and we feel it is a benefit to have it contained to a singular area still rather than opening it up to the whole forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom