• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"This story is accurate."

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Buzzfeed unequivocal on Cohen story.

The exchange
Cormier: "This story is accurate."

Stelter: "What if the sources are just wrong?

Cormier: "They're not."

Stelter: "Not intentionally. Not trying to hurt you, but what if they're wrong?"

Cormier: "They're not. They're not. I'm confident."

Buzzfeed says they cannot or do not understand what Mueller is talking about. The Buzzfeed guys say they are sticking with the story, and that there is a TRANSCRIPT of the alleged conversation

BuzzFeed reporter: "I'm confident" our sources are correct on Trump-Cohen

Perhaps Mueller was only disputing emails/texts?

Last edited:
Mueller could have been trying to fix information that might tip off Trump and allow Trump an advantage. hard to say without any real information to go on.

But either way that is a strong position that will either show Buzzfeeds integrity or destroy them if they turn out to be wrong. But I remember reading about the same opinions about The Washington Post, Time, and The New York Times reporting during Watergate.

Mueller could have been trying to fix information that might tip off Trump and allow Trump an advantage. hard to say without any real information to go on.

But either way that is a strong position that will either show Buzzfeeds integrity or destroy them if they turn out to be wrong. But I remember reading about the same opinions about The Washington Post, Time, and The New York Times reporting during Watergate.

Question? Was Washington Post considered Buzzfeed level of journalism before Watergate?

The exchange

Buzzfeed says they cannot or do not understand what Mueller is talking about. The Buzzfeed guys say they are sticking with the story, and that there is a TRANSCRIPT of the alleged conversation

Hard to believe that someone could be so stupid as to order a transcript made of their commission of a crime, but then, I suppose there are people stupid enough to put videos of themselves breaking into houses on Facebook.

I guess we'll just have to hurry up and wait to find out exactly what it was about the story that was "inaccurate." I do hope this is wrapped up before the 2020 election, so that if Trump really has personally done something worthy of impeachment the GOP will have to go on record voting to acquit.

Hard to believe that someone could be so stupid as to order a transcript made of them committing a crime, but then, I suppose there are people stupid enough to put videos of themselves breaking into houses on Facebook.

I guess we'll just have to hurry up and wait to find out exactly what it was about the story that was "inaccurate." I do hope this is wrapped up before the 2020 election, so that if Trump really has personally done something worthy of impeachment the GOP will have to go on record voting to acquit.

Remember, Michael Cohen recorded everything.

Question? Was Washington Post considered Buzzfeed level of journalism before Watergate?

There’s a good film on PPV. “The Post.” The Pentagon Papers story put them on the map and the Watergate story cemented their position as close to the NYT. I’ve never really heard of Buzzfeed before this.....

While I do believe Trump probably was aware of Cohen planning to lie to Congress (which could be an impeachable offense), I seriously doubt Mueller would sit on an episode like this, where he had the President of the US dead to rights ordering perjury and obstruction of justice.

He would be free to file a complaint to Congress and argue Trump needed his authority stripped to prevent him from further crimes.

like i said in the other thread, my guess is that the investigation is ongoing and that the leaked story is probably accurate. if i had to guess whether Trump told Cohen to lie or if he didn't, i know which side i'd bet my twenty bucks on.

While I do believe Trump probably was aware of Cohen planning to lie to Congress (which could be an impeachable offense), I seriously doubt Mueller would sit on an episode like this, where he had the President of the US dead to rights ordering perjury and obstruction of justice.

He would be free to file a complaint to Congress and argue Trump needed his authority stripped to prevent him from further crimes.

Hard to imagine Cohen lying for Trump w/o Trump’s knowledge/instructions. Rudy has said that the Trump Tower was still being discussed in OCT/NOV 2016.

What is the procedure for the bolded?

The exchange

Why would any reporter not try to defend what they have reported? The problem, of course, is that anonymous sources can't be held to account one way or the other. If a reporter said they had "trusted sources" who had confirmed evidence of bigfoot or alien abduction then the reporter has every right to assert reporting of that "fact" was proper.

The exchange

Buzzfeed knows they're ****ed. Therefore, there's nothing to lose by insisting the story is accurate. They probably think it's better to look crazy, than to admit they lied.

What advantage? If it's true, it's true. If it isn't, it isn't. If there's a trial, there will be discovery. It isn't like Mueller can keep it a secret until after a trial begins (if there is one).

like i said in the other thread, my guess is that the investigation is ongoing and that the leaked story is probably accurate. if i had to guess whether Trump told Cohen to lie or if he didn't, i know which side i'd bet my twenty bucks on.

If it's true, why not let Buzzfeed's story stand and posdibly force President Trump to resign?

If it's true, why not let Buzzfeed's story stand and posdibly force President Trump to resign?

i'll wait for Mueller's report. also, what's a "posdibly?"

If Mueller had information that corroborated the BuzzFeed story or if he had no information regarding what BuzzFeed was reporting he would not have commented. The fact that he did comment means that he believes the BuzzFeed reporting to be inaccurate and provably inaccurate.

Last edited:
i'll wait for Mueller's report. also, what's a "posdibly?"

It's a typo. Ever heard of a typo? Probably not, since you're unable to use caps.

It's a typo. Ever heard of a typo? Probably not, since you're unable to use caps.

I am Perfectly Able to use Caps just like our Dear Leader. No Colusion! Sad.

But Rudy said Trump spoke to Cohen about his testimony. He already confirmed at least a part of Buzzfeed's story...

So? There's nothing illegal about that, on it's face.

I am Perfectly Able to use Caps just like our Dear Leader. No Colusion[sic]! Sad.

You don't know how and you can't spell. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom