• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"This story is accurate."

Buzzfeed unequivocal on Cohen story. The exchange

But they go on to look less confident in the next line:

Stelter also asked if BuzzFeed is concerned about its credibility and their jobs if the story is wrong:
Smith: "You know, we're confident in the story and we are — and I think he we also do think while there is right now and understandably a focus on the media story, the important story is about the relationship between the Trump administration and Russia."

Reminds me of that Manafort crazy-stuttering when he was lying about Trump contacts. but I, um, we are, let's focus on Trump/Russia, not our claim that Trump suborned perjury and SC has him dead to rights?

Of course, we could then say SC wants them to back off and so they are sort of half-backing off to help SC, but know it's true...but then, it's al just CT at this point.

Buzzfeed unequivocal on Cohen story.

The exchange

Buzzfeed says they cannot or do not understand what Mueller is talking about. The Buzzfeed guys say they are sticking with the story, and that there is a TRANSCRIPT of the alleged conversation

BuzzFeed reporter: "I'm confident" our sources are correct on Trump-Cohen

Perhaps Mueller was only disputing emails/texts?

The same people who stated that they have no evidence beyond their source say they are confident the story is accurate? Uh huh.

It's a religion now.

But they go on to look less confident in the next line:

Reminds me of that Manafort crazy-stuttering when he was lying about Trump contacts. but I, um, we are, let's focus on Trump/Russia, not our claim that Trump suborned perjury and SC has him dead to rights?

Of course, we could then say SC wants them to back off and so they are sort of half-backing off to help SC, but know it's true...but then, it's al just CT at this point.

AG nominee Barr did the same when Sen. Klobuchar was questioning him about his writings......

I think this is new:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...5b-9fd3-72f0e911e28d_story.html?noredirect=on

That looks like some of the inside scoop.

I have to say, there is so much more that apparently goes on behind the scens on a story like this, I found that fascinating.

- Buzzfeed was in communication with SC about it. Even was given hints on where they were wrong..as an FYI.

- Buzzfeed even got word from WH attorney's that it was incorrect prior to publishing.

- After publishing, Deputy AG contacts SC to ask if they were gonna reply, SC said they were.

- SC tried to verify who these other sources they referenced may have been...delaying their response.

etc. Still reading.

Lots of stuff was going on before, and after that publication.

Some of it may have stemmed from this the article suggests:
While neither Cohen nor his representatives had ever said explicitly that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress, Guy Petrillo, Cohen’s attorney, wrote in a memo in advance of his sentencing, “We address the campaign finance and false statements allegations together because both arose from Michael’s fierce loyalty to Client-1. In each case, the conduct was intended to benefit Client-1, in accordance with Client-1’s directives.”

Here was the pre-publication exchange between Leopold and Carr:

After Carr declined to comment to BuzzFeed, but before the story was published, he sent reporter Jason Leopold a partial transcript of Cohen’s plea hearing, in which Cohen admitted lying to Congress about the timing of discussions related to a possible Trump Tower project in Moscow, according to the emails BuzzFeed’s spokesman provided. Cohen had claimed falsely that the company’s effort to build the tower ended in January 2016, when in fact discussions continued through June of that year, as Trump was clinching the Republican nomination for president.

“I made these misstatements to be consistent with Individual 1’s political messaging and out of loyalty to Individual 1,” Cohen said at his plea hearing late last year, using the term “Individual 1” to refer to Trump.

Carr, people familiar with the matter said, hoped Leopold would notice that Cohen had not said during the hearing that Trump had explicitly directed him to lie. But Leopold, who co-authored the story with reporter Anthony Cormier, told the spokesman he was not taking any signals, and Carr acknowledged the point.

“I am not reading into what you sent and have interpreted it as an FYI,” Leopold wrote.

“Correct, just an FYI,” Carr responded.

Last edited:
So Buzzfeed now claims the Mueller team are liars! This is getting interesting.

So Buzzfeed now claims the Mueller team are liars! This is getting interesting.

Two things to take away from this.

1. It should be remembered the Mueller team cited inaccuracies in this report, disproving the conspiracy theory that the special counsel and the media are conspiring to pin false chances on Trump. This demonstrates that Mueller wants the facts to come out and that's all. It shows his integrity.

2. Buzzfeed may have other sources if this did not come from the Mueller team. Those sources may be wrong or right which we don't know yet, but the Mueller team doesn't [claim to] have the smoking gun hoped for [yet]. It should be obvious that the president directed or expected his people to lie for him; the only thing we're waiting on is definitive evidence.

Hard to believe that someone could be so stupid as to order a transcript made of their commission of a crime, but then, I suppose there are people stupid enough to put videos of themselves breaking into houses on Facebook.

I guess we'll just have to hurry up and wait to find out exactly what it was about the story that was "inaccurate." I do hope this is wrapped up before the 2020 election, so that if Trump really has personally done something worthy of impeachment the GOP will have to go on record voting to acquit.

They can make all the transcripts they want, as long as they destroy them, like Trump did with the transcript of his conversations with Putin, which included the Russian translator.

So the question really now is: How much did the president know, and when did he know it?

As much as I am defending Buzzfeed, what they have really doesn't matter. I respect their right to set the record right, but it's really a distraction. We know Cohen lied to Congress, and we know Trump likely somehow got to him either directly before his testimony, or a decade ago when Cohen started working for him. You asked the right questions and in a few weeks we will get the answers, assuming Cohen isn't intimidated...or killed.

I keep going back to the fact that Cohen said he had chilling stuff to say... the issue I foresee is if this was that chilling info, Trump team leaked it to the public early thus skewing Cohen's new testimony. If not it's... I can only imagine what Cohen will say... *SHUDDERS*

I also suspect in Cohen's testimony we will find out why he had to go work for Trump, and what Trump has over him won't be a small financial thing...He likely helped Trump cover up some grisly crimes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom