• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This State GOP Lawmaker Is Waging A War Against Yoga Pants

SlevinKelevra

Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Montana state Rep. David Moore (R) is not a fan of yoga pants.

According to the AP, the Republican introduced a bill Tuesday that would extend the already-existing indecent exposure law to include any article of clothing that reveals the nipples -- men's or women's -- or "gives the appearance or simulates" one's buttocks, genitals or pelvic area.

"Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway," Moore said, according to the AP.

614mGGFt.jpg

Why the gender discrimination on the simulated nipples? So would they start jailing people for getting soaked in a rainstorm too? Outlaw public swimming pools or beaches? :shock:

It's like nude beaches.

They sound awesome until you see the people that actually do it. Then, you wish they'd ban them forever.

Another example of the fact that the problem of legislatures is that they try to legislate too much.

614mGGFt.jpg

Why the gender discrimination on the simulated nipples? So would they start jailing people for getting soaked in a rainstorm too? Outlaw public swimming pools or beaches? :shock:

good grief i hope this isnt true

what a way to totally wast tax payer money you jagoff

to make another JOKE "stereo typically" he looks like a creepy sex offender anyway . . . thats probably why he wants this bill . . . he knows he is about to lose it at any second and get himself in trouble for assult

Ugh.... where do these stupid people COME from?

A ban on flip-flops... maybe, but yoga pants? What is this guy's issue and isn't there anything more important in the state of Montana to address than yoga pants?
(Yes I totally loathe flip-flops, but, I'd never create a bill trying to ban them from the State.)

This is my problem with the GOP. Why does the government have to get involved here? If the GOP could figure out how to stop trying to police individuals and their actions that don't affect others, then they would gain significant merit in political venues.

This is my problem with the GOP. Why does the government have to get involved here? If the GOP could figure out how to stop trying to police individuals and their actions that don't affect others, then they would gain significant merit in political venues.

The same people who scream about "Big Brother" when it comes to taxes are perfectly OK with government regulating what you can wear. It's just like how they all come to defend any cop for any reason, but need their guns to protect themselves from tyranny.

A ban on flip-flops... maybe, but yoga pants? What is this guy's issue and isn't there anything more important in the state of Montana to address than yoga pants?
(Yes I totally loathe flip-flops, but, I'd never create a bill trying to ban them from the State.)

It's totally small government. Small enough to fit in your pocket.

It's totally small government. Small enough to fit in your pocket.

It's not about small government it's about possible mental issues or inbreeding.

No I would have to disagree with the GOP on this one.

Leave Yoga pants alone People

to be the contrarian here, i truly doubt that a significant percentage of Republicans support banning yoga pants. or that even a double digit percentage of them do.

The same people who scream about "Big Brother" when it comes to taxes are perfectly OK with government regulating what you can wear. It's just like how they all come to defend any cop for any reason, but need their guns to protect themselves from tyranny.

Project much? 3 conservative posters...all disagree with the 1 state representative.

Make that 4.

For the record, I am VERY pro Yoga pants, encourage them as work attire, and ladies, you have my full support when it comes to naked breasts as well!

Well, if the fellow had stipulated that this would only apply to women weighing 350 lbs or more, I could support it. There's just something about a woman large enough to qualify for license plates wearing skin tight anything that's repugnant. The same goes for men of a similar size that wear those Euro swim suit thong thingies. Please, for the love of humanity, don't do it.

Well, if the fellow had stipulated that this would only apply to women weighing 350 lbs or more, I could support it. There's just something about a woman large enough to qualify for license plates wearing skin tight anything that's repugnant. The same goes for men of a similar size that wear those Euro swim suit thong thingies. Please, for the love of humanity, don't do it.

In fairness...it WAS in response to a 'Naked Bikeride"

Can you even imagine??? Ugggh.

Weird how the supposed party of small government loses its mind when it comes to anything relating to sex.

Project much? 3 conservative posters...all disagree with the 1 state representative.

Make that 4.

For the record, I am VERY pro Yoga pants, encourage them as work attire, and ladies, you have my full support when it comes to naked breasts as well!

The representative proposing the law is a conservative. I assume that he favors it.

It was over 80 degrees today...I am proudly wearing my flipflops.

Enjoy the blizzard

It was over 80 degrees today...I am proudly wearing my flipflops.

Enjoy the blizzard

I do love cold weather and snow so I will enjoy it. Flip flops get caught in the pedals of a car and are dangerous to others.... as well, I make it a point of sending people who wear flip flops to job interviews home humiliated. I love it so.... :mrgreen:

The representative proposing the law is a conservative. I assume that he favors it.

You didnt talk about 'that guy'...you said 'the same people...'

Those blanket applications dont work out so well.

Let me guess...any time Sheila Jackson Lee says something bat**** crazy that equals all democrats, right? 'The same people'....

You didnt talk about 'that guy'...you said 'the same people...'

Those blanket applications dont work out so well.

Let me guess...any time Sheila Jackson Lee says something bat**** crazy that equals all democrats, right? 'The same people'....

Don't pretend like you don't see it every freaking day here.

Personally, I think Democrats are stupid. They're almost as bad as Republicans.

American Taliban.

Don't pretend like you don't see it every freaking day here.

Personally, I think Democrats are stupid. They're almost as bad as Republicans.
Yep. I see it every day. Just pointing out the fact you dived into the shallow end headfirst.

Back
Top Bottom