• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This Poll Of Latino Voters Should Terrify The Republican Party

The Republican Party needs to give up on illegal immigration. It's an issue that resonates too narrowly and destroys its reputation with a burgeoning demographic. Obviously that wont happen this election cycle but it definitely needs to happen.

We're never going to see mass deportations. We're probably never going to get a 'wall'. We're not going to get rid of "sanctuary cities". I mean the list goes on and on. There is a groundswell of anger aimed towards objectives that are wholly unrealistic.

You claimed that Hispanics would be quick to dismiss him as "one of us" because some of his background didn't match the most common African American experiences.
No, I didn't at all. No wonder you had so much trouble responding to the content of the post, you obviously didn't read it.

Which, unless you wish to run with the Birther issue, is irrelevant.
Umm, no it's not. The point was that there's not much about Ted Cruz which relates him to the Hispanic vote. Him being born in Canada was just a plank in that platform.

That is true. No one thinks Cruz would come anywhere close to matching Obama's performance among blacks.
Why do you keep talking about black people? Is it really so hard to take the time to remember what we're talking about, especially when it was YOUR post which started this discussion?

In fact he was and continues to do so.
Okay, please lay out his anti-black policies which compare at ANY level with Cruz's stated desire to deport millions of Hispanics.

I'll wait.

Uh, no. That's called "math".
No, math has absolutely nothing to do with this. I'm sure you're going to go with the tried and true partisan response of black unemployment, because apparently that's what conservative media has told you to do, but anyone with intelligence knows correlation does not equal causation and anyone with an HONEST eye towards black unemployment would see the rate has dropped by nearly half since 2010.

Failure to comprehend - I pointed out how your underlying logic was incorrect by using a recent example of it proving incorrect :)
No, you didn't because the situations are completely different. What you are saying is akin to saying that the Golden State Warriors basketball team isn't the best in history because the 1927 Yankees had Babe Ruth. It makes no sense, for the reasons I've already pointed out.

It wasn't a failure to comprehend, it was a failure on your part to make an intelligent argument. Barack Obama has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

Republicans tried the "he isn't really one of you" tack in 2008. Good luck having Hillary Clinton be the spokeswoman for that message against a Spanish-speaking Cuban.
But Cruz doesn't speak Spanish very well at all. That was one of the points I was making. It didn't work in 2008 because it rang hollow, for the reasons I mentioned.

But no one is saying that the Democratic nominee has to run a "he isn't really one of you" campaign strategy, because Hispanics are already strongly in the Democratic camp. It would be Cruz who would have to woo them away and his current favorability rating about Hispanics, as evidenced by this thread, is not good at all.

Rewarding people who violated our national sovereignty with citizenship is anti-American. This encourages more people to violate our national sovereignty which is also anti-American.
Or the whole idea of simply kicking out ever undocumented immigrant here and trying to actual stop the free moving of people is virtually impossible to 100% enforce so a realistic solution would be open up some sort of path to citizenship.

The article implies that it is his alleged anti-illegal immigration views is that is driving Hispanics to oppose Trump.
Well.... "When asked about Trump’s policy plan to deport the country’s 11.3 million undocumented population, 80 percent of Latino voters indicated that they were “much less likely to vote for Trump,”... Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), another Republican presidential candidate who endorses deporting the country’s undocumented population, followed behind with a 34 percent “very unfavorable” rating among Latino voters, with a total of 52 percent unfavorable rating. Even when voters were told that Cruz supports deporting the country’s undocumented population, 61 percent of Latino voters were “much less likely to vote for Cruz,” with a total of 74 percent of voters less likely to vote for him generally."

The chart shows that most Hispanics don't give a rats ass about amnesty, only 41% do.
Read the poll. 41% of Latinos said it was one of the two most important issues facing the Latino Community. It was also the most selected issue facing the Latino Community.

No, I didn't at all. No wonder you had so much trouble responding to the content of the post, you obviously didn't read it.

Umm, no it's not. The point was that there's not much about Ted Cruz which relates him to the Hispanic vote. Him being born in Canada was just a plank in that platform.

Why do you keep talking about black people? Is it really so hard to take the time to remember what we're talking about, especially when it was YOUR post which started this discussion?

Because your attempt to try to push Cruz out of the identity group of "Hispanic" is comparable to the attempt to push Obama out of the identity group of "African American". Both attempt to point to discrepancies between their childhood and the more average experience as a way of saying that they aren't "really" a member of the group.

Okay, please lay out his anti-black policies which compare at ANY level with Cruz's stated desire to deport millions of Hispanics.

Hm. I don't think I"ve seen Cruz call for the rounding up and deporting of millions of Hispanics - I have seen him say that he would enforce the law (so, for example, if you get hauled in for a DUI, you would get deported, rather than released back onto the streets). I think you are confusing him with Donald Trump.

However, Obama's policies have indeed been harmful to the black community - including his immigration policies, which disproportionately increases black unemployment and decreases black wages.

No, math has absolutely nothing to do with this. I'm sure you're going to go with the tried and true partisan response of black unemployment, because apparently that's what conservative media has told you to do, but anyone with intelligence knows correlation does not equal causation and anyone with an HONEST eye towards black unemployment would see the rate has dropped by nearly half since 2010.

:lol: So I should say that you only say that because that's what Liberal Media has told you to do?

Anyone with intelligence knows that you can test for causality, and that the distinction between correlation and causation is logical impact. When you increase the cost for hiring low-skill labor, you decrease demand for it. When you import a cheaper alternative to higher-cost low-skill labor, you shift demand to that new alternative.

No, you didn't because the situations are completely different.

Because you say so? Or because you want them to be.

But Cruz doesn't speak Spanish very well at all.

Sure, and - as Harry Reid pointed out - Obama naturally speaks with "no Negro dialect".

But no one is saying that the Democratic nominee has to run a "he isn't really one of you" campaign strategy, because Hispanics are already strongly in the Democratic camp. It would be Cruz who would have to woo them away and his current favorability rating about Hispanics, as evidenced by this thread, is not good at all.

Trump and his enablers have pretty much destroyed the GOP within the Hispanic community - I agree. Which is why I think that Cruz being a Hispanic is part of what makes putting him on the top of the ticket valuable.

Trump was refering to illegal immigrants not all migrants, and he was referring to the ones Mexico sends. Do you think Mexico sends the best and the brightest? Why haven't there been any nobel prize or poet laurete winning illegal immigrants? Then I guess Trump was right, Mexico isn't sending their best are they?
Well then maybe you can explain why American Latinos hate The Donald so much? Could it be that they see The Donald for what he is, like the rest of the majority of Americans do?

No, but we should be smarter about the way that we go about this. If we let Democrats lock Hispanics in like they have African Americans, then we are sorta screwed for a generation at the national level.

As for the Group doing the poll itself:

I wonder what happens to the numbers when you run the fact that Ted Cruz would be the first Hispanic President by them.

I think 'a generation' may be an understatement. The Demographics aren't going to get any better for Republicans.

Because your attempt to try to push Cruz out of the identity group of "Hispanic"
See, this right here is the problem with partisanship. At no point did I ever try to push Cruz out of any group. You wondered how the polls would change if Hispanics knew Cruz would be the first Hispanic President and I responded with, "I suspect it depends on how much they know about him. I don't know for certain, but I suspect a Hispanic born in Canada who doesn't speak Spanish very well and supports mass deportation probably doesn't exactly excite the Hispanic population."

I didn't push him out of any identity group, I simply said that Ted Cruz isn't going to excite Hispanics because there's no real connection between him and Hispanics and he actively pushes legislation which would punish Hispanics.

This is the problem with people try to play team politics. Instead of simply reading what is actually said, partisans interpret everything through a "us vs. them" filter and the result is people saying incredibly stupid things. Do both of us a favor and quit being so partisan.

As far as the rest of your post goes, I'm not going to waste my time reading it. If you feel you made a particularly good point, feel free to repost it and I'll happily respond to it.

Or the whole idea of simply kicking out ever undocumented immigrant here and trying to actual stop the free moving of people is virtually impossible to 100% enforce so a realistic solution would be open up some sort of path to citizenship.

The idea that something should be legal because it can't be a 100% enforced is absurd. Rewarding those who violated our sovereignty encourages more to violate our sovereignty, so it is not realistic to grant amnesty/legal status. Granting amnesty/legal status amounts to pouring gas on a fire and expecting it to be put out.

Well.... "When asked about Trump’s policy plan to deport the country’s 11.3 million undocumented population, 80 percent of Latino voters indicated that they were “much less likely to vote for Trump,”... Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), another Republican presidential candidate who endorses deporting the country’s undocumented population, followed behind with a 34 percent “very unfavorable” rating among Latino voters, with a total of 52 percent unfavorable rating. Even when voters were told that Cruz supports deporting the country’s undocumented population, 61 percent of Latino voters were “much less likely to vote for Cruz,” with a total of 74 percent of voters less likely to vote for him generally."
The article implies that Hispanics suck the testicles of the illegal immigration lobby and therefor republicans should too in order to get their votes.

Read the poll. 41% of Latinos said it was one of the two most important issues facing the Latino Community. It was also the most selected issue facing the Latino Community.
It means that 59% want our sovereignty protected and or don't suck the testicles of the illegal alien lobby. it means they care about other issues.41% means the OP article implying that most Hispanics want amnesty/legal is dis-proven. All anyone has to do to see that most Hispanics are not supportive of amnesty/legal status is look at 2008 elections. John McCain tried to pass amnesty with Bush and Kennedy, he even kissed the butts of pro-illegals by trying to convince voters he is more pro-amnesty than Obama.It didn't help him one bit.

Last edited:
The idea that something should be legal because it can't be a 100% enforced is absurd.
Noone here is really saying that immigration into this country should not be regulated...

Rewarding those who violated our sovereignty encourages more to violate our sovereignty, so it is not realistic to grant amnesty/legal status. Granting amnesty/legal status amounts to pouring gas on a fire and expecting it to be put out.
And simply sticking with the status quo will.... What?

The article implies that Hispanics suck the testicles of the illegal immigration lobby and therefor republicans should too in order to get their votes.
The article implies that the Republican Party is completely ****ed when it comes to the hispanic vote.

It means that 59% want our sovereignty protected and or don't suck the testicles of the illegal alien lobby.
Dear god... Lets try this again. The poll allowed those taking the poll to choose two issues that are the most important for them. The highest chosen one was immigration reform next on the list was the economy, and then schools, etc, etc, etc. This means that:
1.)Immigration reform is one of the most important issues among the hispanic community
2.)Just because some respondents did not choose it in their top two does not mean that they are not in favor of some sort of immigration reform
3.)You are really fascinated about testicles...

it means they care about other issues.41% means the OP article implying that most Hispanics want amnesty/legal is dis-proven.
You are simply repeating yourself. It implies that the popular Republican candidate (Trump) and his divisive rhetoric and policy positions (which happen to include amnesty) are unpopular within the Latino community, then it also mentions Cruz and the Dems... I mean the article itself doesnt even mention the word "amnesty"..

All anyone has to do to see that most Hispanics are not supportive of amnesty/legal status is look at 2008 elections. John McCain tried to pass amnesty with Bush and Kennedy, he even kissed the butts of pro-illegals by trying to convince voters he is more pro-amnesty than Obama.It didn't help him one bit.
This isnt even really about amnesty...

See, this right here is the problem with partisanship. At no point did I ever try to push Cruz out of any group. You wondered how the polls would change if Hispanics knew Cruz would be the first Hispanic President and I responded with, "I suspect it depends on how much they know about him. I don't know for certain, but I suspect a Hispanic born in Canada who doesn't speak Spanish very well and supports mass deportation probably doesn't exactly excite the Hispanic population."

I didn't push him out of any identity group, I simply said that Ted Cruz isn't going to excite Hispanics because there's no real connection between him and Hispanics and he actively pushes legislation which would punish Hispanics.

I like how you say you aren't trying to disassociate him from the group, and then argue that there's just no connection between him and the group. :)

Noone here is really saying that immigration into this country should not be regulated...

By rewarding illegals with amnesty/legal status you are saying it shouldn't be regulated.Because you are making the problem worse. When you grant amnesty/legal status to issues Its like saying we should stop arson by paying people to set houses on fire.

And simply sticking with the status quo will.... What?

The half ass enforcement we have now is better than amnesty/legal status for illegals. Because amnesty/legal status will make the problem a whole lot worse.No amnesty means people that is one less incentive for people to come here illegally.

The article implies that the Republican Party is completely ****ed when it comes to the hispanic vote.
The article implies that illegal immigration is the issue that is ****ing the republican party when it comes to Hispanic voters. The other article you posted with the chart shows that is wrong.
Dear god... Lets try this again. The poll allowed those taking the poll to choose two issues that are the most important for them. The highest chosen one was immigration reform next on the list was the economy, and then schools, etc, etc, etc. This means that:

1.)Immigration reform is one of the most important issues among the hispanic community
2.)Just because some respondents did not choose it in their top two does not mean that they are not in favor of some sort of immigration reform
3.)You are really fascinated about testicles...
41% means that amnesty/legal status for illegals is not a issue to the majority of Hispanics that took that pool.

You are simply repeating yourself. It implies that the popular Republican candidate (Trump) and his divisive rhetoric and policy positions (which happen to include amnesty) are unpopular within the Latino community, then it also mentions Cruz and the Dems... I mean the article itself doesnt even mention the word "amnesty"..

The OP article does imply that is the one major issue with Hispanics.
This isnt even really about amnesty...

That is not what the OP article implied.

The article implies that illegal immigration is the issue that is ****ing the republican party when it comes to Hispanic voters. The other article you posted with the chart shows that is wrong.
Where? Where does it "imply this".

41% means that amnesty/legal status for illegals is not a issue to the majority of Hispanics that took that pool.
An no one claimed it was.. The only claim of this seems to come from the voices in your head...

That is not what the OP article implied.
Again. Amnesty is not found in the article....

Where? Where does it "imply this".

An no one claimed it was.. The only claim of this seems to come from the voices in your head...

Again. Amnesty is not found in the article....

The first paragraph of the OP artical and other portions of it imply their pro-American anti-amnesty stance is what is screwing Trump and Cruz in regard to Hispanic voters.

This Poll Of Latino Voters Should Terrify The Republican Party | ThinkProgress

The Republican presidential nominee will need as many as 40 percent of Latino voters in some states to clinch a win in November. But ever since Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump built his campaign on promises to deport the country’s 11.3 million undocumented population and claims of Mexican immigrant rapists and drug dealers, his unpopularity has soared among Latinos.And now there’s evidence that Latino voters may be “enthusiastic” to hit the polls in November to defeat Trump’s anti-immigrant, anti-Latino agenda.
A national poll released Thursday by America’s Voice and Latino Decisions found that 79 percent of voters had a “very unfavorable” opinion of Trump, with a total of 87 percent of Latinos finding him generally unfavorable. When asked about Trump’s policy plan to deport the country’s 11.3 million undocumented population, 80 percent of Latino voters indicated that they were “much less likely to vote for Trump,” with a total of 87 percent of voters less likely to vote for Trump generally.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), another Republican presidential candidate who endorses deporting the country’s undocumented population, followed behind with a 34 percent “very unfavorable” rating among Latino voters, with a total of 52 percent unfavorable rating. Even when voters were told that Cruz supports deporting the country’s undocumented population, 61 percent of Latino voters were “much less likely to vote for Cruz,” with a total of 74 percent of voters less likely to vote for him generally.

The first paragraph of the OP artical and other portions of it imply their pro-American anti-amnesty stance is what is screwing Trump and Cruz in regard to Hispanic voters.

This Poll Of Latino Voters Should Terrify The Republican Party | ThinkProgress

The Republican presidential nominee will need as many as 40 percent of Latino voters in some states to clinch a win in November. But ever since Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump built his campaign on promises to deport the country’s 11.3 million undocumented population and claims of Mexican immigrant rapists and drug dealers, his unpopularity has soared among Latinos.And now there’s evidence that Latino voters may be “enthusiastic” to hit the polls in November to defeat Trump’s anti-immigrant, anti-Latino agenda.
A national poll released Thursday by America’s Voice and Latino Decisions found that 79 percent of voters had a “very unfavorable” opinion of Trump, with a total of 87 percent of Latinos finding him generally unfavorable. When asked about Trump’s policy plan to deport the country’s 11.3 million undocumented population, 80 percent of Latino voters indicated that they were “much less likely to vote for Trump,” with a total of 87 percent of voters less likely to vote for Trump generally.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), another Republican presidential candidate who endorses deporting the country’s undocumented population, followed behind with a 34 percent “very unfavorable” rating among Latino voters, with a total of 52 percent unfavorable rating. Even when voters were told that Cruz supports deporting the country’s undocumented population, 61 percent of Latino voters were “much less likely to vote for Cruz,” with a total of 74 percent of voters less likely to vote for him generally.
1.)Nowhere does it say that amnesty/legal status for illegals is a issue to the majority of Hispanics
2.)Your essentially arguing with the results of the poll, "When asked about Trump’s policy plan to deport the country’s 11.3 million undocumented population, 80 percent of Latino voters indicated that they were “much less likely to vote for Trump"
3.)Immigration reform is the biggest thing Latino voters are worried about. Remember, 41% of Latinos say that one of the biggest issues facing the latino community is Immigration reform.
4.)And your still missing out the whole thing, "that 41 percent wanted to fight “against/stop Trump/fight back anti-immigrant/Latino."

1.)Nowhere does it say that amnesty/legal status for illegals is a issue to the majority of Hispanics
2.)Your essentially arguing with the results of the poll, "When asked about Trump’s policy plan to deport the country’s 11.3 million undocumented population, 80 percent of Latino voters indicated that they were “much less likely to vote for Trump"
3.)Immigration reform is the biggest thing Latino voters are worried about. Remember, 41% of Latinos say that one of the biggest issues facing the latino community is Immigration reform.
4.)And your still missing out the whole thing, "that 41 percent wanted to fight “against/stop Trump/fight back anti-immigrant/Latino."

The OP article does imply that the issue to Hispanics is amnesty/legal status for illegals.41% does not mean most.

I like how you say you aren't trying to disassociate him from the group, and then argue that there's just no connection between him and the group. :)
I like how you don't bother to read anything before you post. :thumbsup:

It's pretty clear (and this thread can be your evidence) that Cruz ISN'T very over with the group (34/52 very unfavorable/unfavorable) and neither is the Republican party. Your original point was that if they realize Cruz is Hispanic, his popularity would go up. In other words, Cruz would have to WORK to be seen as favorable to the Hispanic community (with your sole argument being he's Hispanic) and for the reasons I posted, I doubt it work too well if they knew much about him. As yet another example, his real name is Rafael and he changed it to Ted...not exactly the best way to convince Hispanics of your desire to embrace your Hispanic heritage, regardless of why you changed it.

I'll commend you on at least staying on topic, but I'm deducting you points for continuously forgetting the narrative as it currently exists.

I like how you don't bother to read anything before you post. :thumbsup:

It's pretty clear (and this thread can be your evidence) that Cruz ISN'T very over with the group (34/52 very unfavorable/unfavorable) and neither is the Republican party. Your original point was that if they realize Cruz is Hispanic, his popularity would go up. In other words, Cruz would have to WORK to be seen as favorable to the Hispanic community (with your sole argument being he's Hispanic) and for the reasons I posted, I doubt it work too well if they knew much about him.

Yes. As I pointed out, attacks from outsiders attempting to create inauthenticity haven't proven effective in the past. Cruz's experience is far closer to that of the Hispanic American community than Obama's was to that of the African American community. Explicit identity-based outreach would indeed be likely to alter those numbers in a positive direction for Cruz.

The OP article does imply that the issue to Hispanics is amnesty/legal status for illegals.41% does not mean most.

Its the most important issue among Hispanics.

Yes. As I pointed out, attacks from outsiders attempting to create inauthenticity haven't proven effective in the past. Cruz's experience is far closer to that of the Hispanic American community than Obama's was to that of the African American community. Explicit identity-based outreach would indeed be likely to alter those numbers in a positive direction for Cruz.
What's it like to live in a world so blinded by partisanship?

Black people already voted overwhelmingly for Democrats. Hispanic majority doesn't vote Republican. Barack Obama didn't try to hide who he was, Rafael Cruz has. Barack Obama didn't campaign on promises to enact policies directly targeted in a negative way towards black people, as Cruz has done with Hispanics. And Barack Obama never had a 34% highly unfavorable rating with black people, as Cruz has with Hispanics.

I understand you're a team player and you're trying REALLY hard to convince yourself that Ted Cruz is going to swing the Hispanic vote simply because his father was born in Cuba, but I just don't see Ted Cruz exciting the Hispanic population. I could be wrong and time will tell, but I just don't see it happening.

What's it like to live in a world so blinded by partisanship?

:shrug: generally I wouldn't know. You are attempting to create a binary situation which doesn't exist.

Black people already voted overwhelmingly for Democrats. Hispanic majority doesn't vote Republican. Barack Obama didn't try to hide who he was, Rafael Cruz has. Barack Obama didn't campaign on promises to enact policies directly targeted in a negative way towards black people, as Cruz has done with Hispanics. And Barack Obama never had a 34% highly unfavorable rating with black people, as Cruz has with Hispanics.

I understand you're a team player and you're trying REALLY hard to convince yourself that Ted Cruz is going to swing the Hispanic vote simply because his father was born in Cuba, but I just don't see Ted Cruz exciting the Hispanic population. I could be wrong and time will tell, but I just don't see it happening.

:lol: who's living in partisan land? I never said Cruz would win a majority of Hispanics, or even close to the percentage of blacks that Obama won. I stated that I think that his numbers would move north in a General where he was able to make identity-based appeals.

generally I wouldn't know.
:lamo

Yeah, okay. Gotcha. :thumbs:

who's living in partisan land?
Umm, still you.

I never said Cruz would win a majority of Hispanics
You wondered how the poll numbers would change once Hispanics realize (because apparently they don't yet) Cruz is Hispanic. In other words, you were intimating it would swing the polls of Hispanics more in his direction. You definitely said what I have said you said.

or even close to the percentage of blacks that Obama won.
You are literally the only one in this conversation who keeps bringing up Obama. Like any good partisan would.
I stated that I think that his numbers would move north in a General where he was able to make identity-based appeals.
And I told you I doubt it, for the myriad of reasons I've already presented. And when your counter argument is "a group of people who already vote Democrat decided to vote Democrat so Hispanics are going to CHANGE their vote and vote opposite of what they already do", then it's obvious you're trying really hard to convince yourself of something which is unlikely.

:lamo Yea! Stick to that! Stick to the divisive rhetoric and really stick it to those "anti-American liberals"! Just as you do this the GOP can kiss the White House goodbye!

I think this is a wonderful strategy for the Far Right. :lamo It's inexplicable until you realize that these loons would much rather be ideologically pure than - you know - win an election. After all, if they won an election they might actually have to govern.

John McCain pushed for himself?
Whats up with all this bull**** "anti-Americanism" being thrown around? Is someone who is "anti-American" simply someone who has a different view/policy proposal on immigration?

From the poll linked in the article:
2ekow0w.png

No, an Anti-American is anybody who holds a different position on anything from the Far Right.

The Republican Party needs to give up on illegal immigration. It's an issue that resonates too narrowly and destroys its reputation with a burgeoning demographic. Obviously that wont happen this election cycle but it definitely needs to happen.

We're never going to see mass deportations. We're probably never going to get a 'wall'. We're not going to get rid of "sanctuary cities". I mean the list goes on and on. There is a groundswell of anger aimed towards objectives that are wholly unrealistic.

But isn't that the nature of the Far Right political agenda generally?

You wondered how the poll numbers would change once Hispanics realize (because apparently they don't yet) Cruz is Hispanic. In other words, you were intimating it would swing the polls of Hispanics more in his direction.

And I do think they would swing more in his direction. I don't think it would be enough to flip Hispanics. :shrug: Nor have I ever claimed it would.

You are literally the only one in this conversation who keeps bringing up Obama

Because he is the counterpoint to your claim. It's no more or less partisan than you discussing Cruz.

And I told you I doubt it, for the myriad of reasons I've already presented

Which I have answered. You then tried to move the goal posts to flipping Hispanics, as opposed to merely shifting the numbers.

And when your counter argument is "a group of people who already vote Democrat decided to vote Democrat so Hispanics are going to CHANGE their vote and vote opposite of what they already do"

Hispanics are not as solidly locked as that at all. W got 40% of the Hispanic vote. Ted Cruz got 40% in Texas when he ran for Senator. Hispanic voting has shifted over the past few elections - nothing like the 90+% of Blacks that vote Democrat.

Back
Top Bottom