• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This New GapKids Campaign Photo Is Sparking a Major Racial Controversy

Liberals found something to whine about...

Thoughts?

What I saw was big girl or big sister/little girl or sister. Good to know that others' sensibilities are more exquisitely tuned than mine. :roll:

I have an easy fix.

Redo the shot but with a taller black girl model that knows how to smile.

The kid they used looks really tired and grumpy.

ANYONE...I mean ANYONE can go through ANY catalog and find SOMETHING to be offended about if given enough time and are bored enough.

I would have never approved that shot for publication simply because the little black girl did not look like she was having fun. I would have also dressed her just like the other kids in the shot.

I have an easy fix.

ANYONE...I mean ANYONE can go through ANY catalog and find SOMETHING to be offended about if given enough time and are bored enough.

I would have never approved that shot for publication simply because the little black girl did not look like she was having fun. I would have also dressed her just like the other kids in the shot.

You are right that girl seems like she is having none of it, just wants it to be over.

You are right that girl seems like she is having none of it, just wants it to be over.

Yeah, maybe it was the 15th take or something, but there is no mistaking that look on her face.

It should have never even been published.

Interesting. If someone told me to find the problem in the picture I would have never found it.

Getting upset at that photo shows that some folks just aren't content if they aren't pissed off about something racial - and nothing else.

Getting upset at that photo shows that some folks just aren't content if they aren't pissed off about something racial - and nothing else.

yep.
also shows some folks must not be comfortable on who they are if that add bothers them.

imo, those complaining about the add have not yet accepted MLK advice of "not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"

The campaign is built around the values of empowering young girls and proving that they can achieve anything, but Twitter users argue that the advertisement only shows that for a young black girl, that means being used as a white person's "armrest."

Hmm maybe we should have a black girl standing on the shoulders of a small white girl... no then someone would say the white girl is supporting the black girl...

How about having a Black, Latino, and Asian girl all kicking a prone white girl to show new empowerment? Nah, not quite enough empowerment with a white girl still in the ad at all would be the complaint.

How about people just look at an ad without over analyzing it for subtle insults? Now there's a thought.

Last edited:
White girl rest arm on Black girl, ..... its an outrage! unforgivable!

Black, Muscle Bound BLM Thug beats elderly white veteran to death... Meh, Social Justice....

America is a very ill and fallen society.

-

All these dolts complaining... it is actually fairly common for a taller person to do that to a smaller person AS A JOKE. There is nothing racial about the picture unless you are someone who looks for racism, everywhere.

I'm offended by the ugly clothes those kids are wearing.

Racists see color. What else is new?

Half the people bitching are trolling the other half have inferiority issues and see themselves as "armrests"

I have an easy fix.

Pretty much my thoughts.

The only kid who truly seems to be having fun...is the upside down one.

But that seems to be the trend. So many models...beautiful women models and handsome men models...seem to be angry or bored. That seems to be the look the photographers are looking for...which probably means that is the look the vendors are looking for.

I would not have seen a racial component to that picture if asked to look for something wrong with it.

Interesting. If someone told me to find the problem in the picture I would have never found it.
I zeroed in on it, but ONLY because the title had already clued me in that I was supposed to be offended by something. If I had seen the ad on my own I doubt that I would have given that pose a second thought.

All these dolts complaining... it is actually fairly common for a taller person to do that to a smaller person AS A JOKE. There is nothing racial about the picture unless you are someone who looks for racism, everywhere.
That's exactly it. It's a common pose for kids of varying height, and some people are simply looking for something to be offended over to further their agenda.

Racists see color. What else is new?

If some see RACE in that ad, they're race obsessed.

If some objects to BLM holding rallys where masses of people cheer at the incitement to kill large number of innocent whites or Cops.... That's what??

Okay?

THINK!

Its a matter of scale and virulence of the RACISM!

Its one think to playfully put your arm on another head, its completely another thing to advocating murder of cops and racial genocide!

Hey Lefties, get some freak'en perspective!

-

I have an easy fix.

I don't think anything needs to be redone. If anything, it needs to be defended and brushed aside as a ridiculous complaint. Redoing it would only encourage this type of absurd complaint in the future.

Save the protests for when the offense is real.

If some see RACE in that ad, they're race obsessed.

If some objects to BLM holding rallys where masses of people cheer at the incitement to kill large number of innocent whites or Cops.... That's what??

Okay?

THINK!

Its a matter of scale and virulence of the RACISM!

Its one think to playfully put your arm on another head, its completely another thing to advocating murder of cops and racial genocide!

Hey Lefties, get some freak'en perspective!
I'm surprised they didn't make sure to include an Asian.

Back
Top Bottom