• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

this must be love

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The Motorcycle Ride

A boy and his girlfriend were riding a motorcycle, speeding through the night. They loved each other a lot.
Girl: “Slow down a little. I’m scared.”
Boy: “Don’t worry, I won’t let anything happen to you.”
Girl: “Please. It’s so scary.”
Boy: “Tell me that you love me.”
Girl: “Fine. I love you. Can you slow down now?”
Boy: “Give me a big hug.”
The girl gave him a big hug.
Girl: “Now, can you slow down?”
Boy: “Can you take off my helmet and put it on? It’s uncomfortable and its bothering me while I drive.”

The next day, there was a story in the newspaper. A motorcycle had crashed into a building because its brakes were broken. There were two people on the motorcycle, of which one died, and the other had survived.

The guy knew that the brakes were broken. He didn’t want to let the girl know, because he knew that the girl would have gotten scared. Instead, he got her to tell him that she loved him one last time, got one last hug from her and put his helmet on her head so that she could live while he died himself.

He should have downshifted and used the engine to brake. Then he could have saved both of thier lives.

Ok, I'm sorry. :lol: :lol:

The Motorcycle Ride

A boy and his girlfriend were riding a motorcycle, speeding through the night. They loved each other a lot.
Boy: “Can you take off my helmet and put it on? It’s uncomfortable and its bothering me while I drive.”

The next day, there was a story in the newspaper. A motorcycle had crashed into a building because its brakes were broken. There were two people on the motorcycle, of which one died, and the other had survived.

The guy knew that the brakes were broken. He didn’t want to let the girl know, because he knew that the girl would have gotten scared. Instead, he got her to tell him that she loved him one last time, got one last hug from her and put his helmet on her head so that she could live while he died himself.

Why wouldn't he just let off the throttle and coast? Idiot. :lamo

The Motorcycle Ride

Nice story but I call total BS.
1. front and rear brakes are completely independent systems on a motorcycle and both failing is basically not gonna happen.
2. Even if brakes fail any normal person would do would be to close the throttle so they would be slowing down.
3. Dropping gears would further slow you down and killing the engine would also help. Pretty sure she would notice this unless of course he didn't have time to do it all.
4. If he didn't have time to do the above then no way he had the conversation with her.
5. talking at high speed on a bike especially with a helmet on is next to impossible
6. He would have in all likelihood crashed while she tried to remove his helmet.
7. having a helmet is no guarantee of survival in a crash just as not having one doesn't mean you are gonna die.

Still nice story

*edit* She would also most likely notice him madly pumping the front brakes to try and get them back (perhaps not the rear brake as that is foot activated but definitely the front brakes.) It is possible that after a high speed wobble the front pads get pushed back into the calipers requiring a few pulls on the brake to move them out and have them bite the disk again, happened to me before, not fun but you still have the rear brake

Last edited:
Sounds more like youthful stupidity to me. If he was driving the motorcycle, knowing it had faulty brakes, he was putting both their lives in danger. Why would you knowingly risk killing someone that you really loved?

dont get lost in details :mrgreen:

More proof you just can't fix stupid.

I think the primary point of the story is that, at the moment of extreme crisis and terror, he selflessly chose to give up his life for her when he could have lived.

The story doesn't have anything to do with the driver's failure to comply with Sections 8.73(a) and (c) Subsection 5, of the troubleshooting manual on motorcycle maintenance and systems or a determination of reasonable alternatives in a crisis situation after an accident review board performs a leisurely after the fact analysis and then issues it's detailed repot and findings in the appropriate technical journals.

Last edited:
On the contrary, truly mature love doesn't contemplate unnecessarily putting the object of one's affections in harms way.

I wonder if it was her idea to go for a bike ride, and he didn't want to disappoint her? Possible, I guess, but a bad decision on his part!

Greetings, humbolt. :2wave:

I find the story to be undermining. A female that accepts it as romantic is declaring near total vulnerability. The story is sinister.

It appears to be more an argument about a condom than a bike ride.

Last edited:
I wonder if it was her idea to go for a bike ride, and he didn't want to disappoint her? Possible, I guess, but a bad decision on his part!

Greetings, humbolt. :2wave:
Morning, er, afternoon Pol. Had I been in his shoes in that case, I would either have told her the bike was broken, or suggested a walk instead, or both. Only the immature or stupid wrap their identities so completely in such superficial things. It was big of him to offer her the helmut, but it would've been bigger of him to exercise some common sense, first - even if it cost him something in her eyes.

Morning, er, afternoon Pol. Had I been in his shoes in that case, I would either have told her the bike was broken, or suggested a walk instead, or both. Only the immature or stupid wrap their identities so completely in such superficial things. It was big of him to offer her the helmut, but it would've been bigger of him to exercise some common sense, first - even if it cost him something in her eyes.

And not to mention the fact that the results of his actions, although they did not mortally wound her, they would leave deep emotional pain and scars.

And not to mention the fact that the results of his actions, although they did not mortally wound her, they would leave deep emotional pain and scars.
Absolutely. It's a seemingly selfless act that has it's roots in complete self gratification at an incredibly high price for both of them.

I think the primary point of the story is that, at the moment of extreme crisis and terror, he selflessly chose to give up his life for her when he could have lived.

The story doesn't have anything to do with the driver's failure to comply with Sections 8.73(a) and (c) Subsection 5, of the troubleshooting manual on motorcycle maintenance and systems or a determination of reasonable alternatives in a crisis situation after an accident review board performs a leisurely after the fact analysis and then issues it's detailed repot and findings in the appropriate technical journals.

they cant understand their first language :lol:

The fact that he let her get on the bike and did so himself proves that he DID NOT love her. If he truly loved her, he wouldn't have pit her in that position to begin with.

The Motorcycle Ride

Lay off the throttle, downshift and engine brake, you could probably reduce your speed enough to prevent death. Also rear and front brakes are on different systems, so you should probably have at least one of those.

FWIW, they could have been riding downhill in the rain with drum brakes and a slipping clutch.

Hiya, hanging in there thanks, hope you are doing well.

:2wave:

Lay off the throttle, downshift and engine brake, you could probably reduce your speed enough to prevent death. Also rear and front brakes are on different systems, so you should probably have at least one of those.

Back
Top Bottom