• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Most Egregiously Immoral Form Of Social Media Election Campaigning Can Be Deadly!

After reading the OP and viewing the video, I think that:

• No, scare videos like this should not be discouraged.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ontologuy

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This is one of quite a number of similarly natured "warning" videos circulating throughout social media today, all of which have a similar affect, likely by design: to activate anxiety, and to a degree paranoia, which can cause the listener to oppose otherwise commonly acceptable practices, commonly acceptable practices that, if refused, could lead to death.

Here is the video: Putting A Laser Gun to the Head & Your Pineal Gland.

The video is dated 07/28/2020 and is a re-post from somewhere uncertain and may have been docked here merely to provide a more permanent reference place.

In this video a calm yet concerned presumably Australian man presents an issue supposedly presented by a nurse that: 1) infrared temperature guns are emitting infrared rays, 2) these rays can be harmful to your pineal gland, and 3) pointing a ray-gun at children's heads, albeit to take their temperature, is still pointing a "gun" at their head, and is thereby teaching them to be docile and complicit.

I've learned that this video is circulating throughout many right-wingers' social media and that quite a number of them have become concerned about this to the degree they're adamantly refusing to have their and their kids' temperatures scanned by an infrared scanner.

So if they refuse when walking into a store, and they're unknowingly COVID-19 positive, they could contaminate others, others who might be elderly and infirm, who could then die of the disease. In addition, their refusal will cause a commotion for sure and garner more attention than they may have wanted from store staff and many casual onlookers with cellphones pointed in their direction for eventual distribution on social media.

There's a caveat circulating through right wing social media people at present: don't get played. So they're often on guard .. maybe a bit paranoically so. Thus, since the left is so adamantly in favor of masks and quarantines, these right-wingers are prone to do the opposite anyway to keep from getting "played" into "the left wing's destruction of the economy and President Trump".

But when people become afraid of something, when they're so anxious and maybe a bit paranoid about it, they can become quite defiant in their opposition to comply. The initiating distributors of this video into social media are likely quite aware of how these people will react .. and these right-wingers end up getting truly played anyway. :shock:

But of all the similarly anxiety-raising videos that my right wing FB friends have shared with me, like the Joker clown's "It's Only A Mask", the many "Plandemic" videos warning against vaccinations and the like, this particular one is the most brazen in its attempt to deceive, as it errors grievously about a relevant fact that any nurse would most likely know: infrared temperature guns do not emit infrared rays or anything else! :shock:

Yes, these devices merely sense the infrared light emitted from the surface of our head, convert it to heat, then to an electrical signal, the strength of which determines the temperature reading. This fact can be revealed via a couple of really basic Google searches.

The brazenness of this video is that the danger premise is easily refuted but it won't be, as so many right wingers have now been conditioned to simply believe whatever their friends share with them!

Which brings me to my electioneering complaint: these anxiety and paranoia-producing videos of this ilk may be passed on from one right wing sheep to another .. but the sheppard who started it off was likely a left-winger with an election goal in mind ..

.. And that election goal, from what I've been able to determine, is twofold: 1) instill "oppositional defiant disorder"-like behavior in right wing and likely Trump voters to cause a media-visible ruckus out in public to make Trump look bad by association, and 2) in the midst of the pandemic cause these right wingers to oppose health safety practices like temperature taking at facility entrances .. and mask wearing .. that will cause more right wingers to contract COVID-19, a percentage of them die from it, and that's less votes for Trump in November.

You may scoff, but I've had a prominent left wing "friend" of mine essentially admit it to me .. and laugh rather sinisterly while doing so.

Yet I wonder how he'd feel if one of these COVID-19-infected right-wingers displayed their anxiety and paranoia opposition in a store near his family member, contaminating them. :shock:

Of all the dirty political campaign tricks I've ever seen, these particular kind of manipulation videos are the most egregiously immoral by far.

They should be stopped immediately .. before they get even more people killed by COVID-19 than they surely already have.

No election result is worth that.

I'm not going to scoff at your imaginary friend you invented to try and lend credence to this tripe. Do you think the people on this forum are too dumb to see through this "no seriously this liberal I know did a supervillain laugh" story?

I'm not going to scoff at your imaginary friend you invented to try and lend credence to this tripe. Do you think the people on this forum are too dumb to see through this "no seriously this liberal I know did a supervillain laugh" story?

Bless you for having the intestinal fortitude to wade through that entire OP.

OMG!

I can't believe people are so backwards. It's 2020!

We're talking about people who follow Q and think Hillary runs a pedophile ring and that John McCain was executed as a traitor. You can tell because of the puckers in the flag that draped his coffin. So YES. our beloved RWNJ posters are indeed stupid enough to believe that the liberal supervillains are up to their evil tricks again.:mrgreen:

I'm going to go ahead and put you down for "on the fence" on whether or not the OP is true. I mean with his history of accuracy and everything.

We're talking about people who follow Q and think Hillary runs a pedophile ring and that John McCain was executed as a traitor. You can tell because of the puckers in the flag that draped his coffin. So YES. our beloved RWNJ posters are indeed stupid enough to believe that the liberal supervillains are up to their evil tricks again.:mrgreen:

Don't question the puckers man. Gospel.

Bless you for having the intestinal fortitude to wade through that entire OP.

No really guys I have a liberal girlfriend but she goes to another school so you don't know her

Yes, these devices merely sense the infrared light emitted from the surface of our head, convert it to heat, then to an electrical signal, the strength of which determines the temperature reading. This fact can be revealed via a couple of really basic Google searches.

The brazenness of this video is that the danger premise is easily refuted but it won't be, as so many right wingers have now been conditioned to simply believe whatever their friends share with them!

Which brings me to my electioneering complaint: these anxiety and paranoia-producing videos of this ilk may be passed on from one right wing sheep to another .. but the sheppard who started it off was likely a left-winger with an election goal in mind ..

.. And that election goal, from what I've been able to determine, is twofold: 1) instill "oppositional defiant disorder"-like behavior in right wing and likely Trump voters to cause a media-visible ruckus out in public to make Trump look bad by association, and 2) in the midst of the pandemic cause these right wingers to oppose health safety practices like temperature taking at facility entrances .. and mask wearing .. that will cause more right wingers to contract COVID-19, a percentage of them die from it, and that's less votes for Trump in November.

You may scoff, but I've had a prominent left wing "friend" of mine essentially admit it to me .. and laugh rather sinisterly while doing so.

Yet I wonder how he'd feel if one of these COVID-19-infected right-wingers displayed their anxiety and paranoia opposition in a store near his family member, contaminating them.

Of all the dirty political campaign tricks I've ever seen, these particular kind of manipulation videos are the most egregiously immoral by far.

They should be stopped immediately .. before they get even more people killed by COVID-19 than they surely already have.

No election result is worth that.

You don't understand. If RWNJs are stupid enough to be fooled by us evil liberals, they don deserve to pass on their genes, and they certainly don't deserve political power. All power to our manipulative liberal overlords, who will see to it that all nut jobs live comfortably in their declining years.:mrgreen:

:lol:

Though I would expect a few somewhat embarrassed right wingers to laugh this off ..

.. I don't think I've ever seen a greater confirmation of an OP premise than the initial left wing responders here have provided.

To attempt to demean the presentation of a very real and serious health concern out of the fear their fellow idealogues would get rightly indicted ..

.. speaks confessional volumes.

:cool:

Though I would expect a few somewhat embarrassed right wingers to laugh this off ..

.. I don't think I've ever seen a greater confirmation of an OP premise than the initial left wing responders here have provided.

To attempt to demean the presentation of a very real and serious health concern out of the fear their fellow idealogues would get rightly indicted ..

Indicted for what?

Puppetmaster defense. Classic.

What else ya got?

Begs the question:

What agenda is behind the OP's propaganda efforts to convince right wingers that "it's liberals trying to get you to not wear a mask?"

Back
Top Bottom