• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This man is a role model and a hero!

I guess I was hoping you had the ability to define "routine traffic stop" by yourself.

I was rather hoping that YOU had access to a dictionary for words you don't know the meaning of...:3oops:

What he says is right but it's kind of sad that people really don't know how to act.

The article says that several comments revolved around how this puts the onus for good behavior on the driver instead of the cop. Well....yeah!! Do people really not get that?

I have a several buddies who are cops. One told me once that most folks talk themselves in to tickets, by being dicks.

smh.

As a general rule, when dealing with others, yeah, I agree. Don't be a jerk. But for ****s sake, being a jerk is not illegal, and it certainly isn't punishable by DEATH.

You are 100% correct. But that will be little comfort to you as you lie on the pavement bleeding out.

And this is OK?

Since when do US citizens need to tip toe and be overly polite, and conscious of every possible action, when dealing with OFFICERS OF THE LAW, regardless of skin color?

How about you just treat them with same level of courtesy, respect and consideration that would give any other person?? Every LE officer I've ever known would be happy with just being treated as well as the checker at the grocery store...

As a general rule, when dealing with others, yeah, I agree. Don't be a jerk. But for ****s sake, being a jerk is not illegal, and it certainly isn't punishable by DEATH.

Oh, the drama...
swooning.jpg

The chances of getting shot for being a jerk to a LE officer are close to 0. Yes, we all know that you can find a few examples of where it looks that way, but EVERY case I've ever seen has been the person being a jerk also took other steps to lead to the end result. People like you like to leave out those other steps and just focus on the part that backs your narrative.

While I don't wish to criticize Mr. Anderson too hard, some of his stuff seems a little excessive to me.

Over the last couple of years of working night shift (and us being awake and active and driving at night) i've gotten pretty good at being stopped by police on minor mechanical or Terry suspicion stops. This is what I do.

1) unlike this artist, I do not stop my motor. If a policeman asks I will, but I have never been asked.
2) I do not get my papers until they are requested. I tell the officer where the papers are before getting them and reach for them slowly.
3) I answer questions with as few details as possible, remember 5A folks
4) if I chose to carry a handgun that day it will be holstered and strapped to my body under a jacket. I do not produce my CPL unless requested nor volunteer that I am armed (NOTE: some states require lawfully armed citizens to disclose they are armed upon contact)
5) keep hands on the wheel
6) pass the attitude test, don't get emotional or irate with officer

This video is ok, but maybe a little exaggerating of what one needs to do when pulled

I think keep hands on the wheel is most essential.

I do turn off my motor.

I do not carry a firearm yet if I did I would not mumble i had it in a right pocket and then reach in the right pocket as the cop asked me not to do that. Too many cops shot at and I think they might react to this as they only have a split second to decide if the person is going to shoot them.

Last edited:
Should poor behavior during a routine traffic stop result in a death sentence?

Bad behavior is usually a sign something else is wrong.

That puts the officer on edge and at that point anything can happen.

Adrenaline is a powerful drug.

f
I was responding to the OP, which was a vid, that got a LOT of likes. Apparently, people LIKE the idea that one should have to walk on egg shells with cops during routine traffic stops.

That's bull****, plain and simple.

you can do whatever you want to

you can teach whatever you like to your family and friends

i myself was taught to be as genteel as possible....be respectful....and to NOT BE A JERK

it is also what i taught my kids and they hopefully will pass on to their kids

no one likes getting stopped....and i have fought a few tickets.....IN COURT

i never argue with the cop though....it is yes sir, and no sir....and i go merrily on my way

sometimes with just a warning

Be a jerk all you want, just keep your hands on the wheel and don't stuff your gun someone it can be seen

Back
Top Bottom