• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This makes me sick.

George_Washington

DP Veteran
Reaction score
United States of America and proud of it!
Political Leaning
Conservative
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180772,00.html

"Iran's president said Thursday he hoped for the death of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, the latest anti-Israeli comment by a leader who has already provoked international criticism for suggesting that Israel be 'wiped off the map.'"

Iran's President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is a horrible excuse for a human being. Geez. This was really shocking to me because I never knew how hateful Iran was until now.

Can we just mount a final crusade against these Muslims and be done with it? Before anybody misunderstands me: NO, I don't dislike all Muslims. I've just referring to the ones like Ahmad-I CAN'T SPELL HIS NAME TO SAVE MY LIFE.

I mean, Jesus. The western Christian world has been fighting these Muslims for what, a thousand years now off and on? I say let's invade Iran and any other insane dictatorship-fascist cess pool and make the Middle East safe for Christians, Jews, and other normal people.

I know I'm going to take flak from this from some people on this forum but I don't care. The Muslim religion seems to have many negative aspects to it that need to be addressed. For example, the way that they force women to cover themselves up in public and walk behind men. It's SICK. I don't know if this stuff is actually in the Qu'ran because I've never read it. But still, it's repulsive.

You know what the most hypocritical thing about all this is? Something everybody seems to miss? People are so ready to bash Scientology but at least they don't make women dress in long robes in 120 degree heat!! LOL. As crazy as Scientology may sound, you don't see Tom Cruise making Katie Holmes walk behind him and not speak in public or whatever crazy, stupid nonsense that Muslim extremists do.

This is not a problem exclusive to Islam, George. The Christians are equally represented in the "nutty" bin.

Pat Robertson said:
I have said last year that Israel was entering into the most dangerous period of its entire existence as a nation. That is intensifying this year with the loss of Sharon. Sharon was personally a very likeable person. I am sad to see him in this condition. But I think we need to look at the Bible and the Book of Joel. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who, quote, "divide my land." God considers this land to be his. You read the Bible, he says, "This is my land." And for any prime minister of Israel who decides he going carve it up and give it away, God says, "No. This is mine." And the same thing -- I had a wonderful meeting with Yitzhak Rabin in 1974. He was tragically assassinated, and it was terrible thing that happened, but nevertheless, he was dead. And now Ariel Sharon, who was again a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with. I prayed with him personally. But here he is at the point of death. He was dividing God's land, and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations or United States of America. God said, "This land belongs to me, you better leave it alone.""

Essentially, Robertson is blaming Sharon's stroke on the wrath of God.

Engimo said:
This is not a problem exclusive to Islam, George. The Christians are equally represented in the "nutty" bin.

Essentially, Robertson is blaming Sharon's stroke on the wrath of God.

I saw that **** on The Daily Show...well, crap, last night now, lol. Anyway, it made me sick to hear him say that, but that's not the first time Robertson's made comments such as that, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

OK... let's try to put this in perspective folks....

Pat Robertson - Religious flake who is basically marginalized by the American public for being a douchebag...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - President of a country...

See the diff?...

To equate the two is absurd...

If a homeless guy tells you the aliens are coming, you blow it off...

If the leader of a country says it, than there's an issue...

Same thing here...

When a televangelist says something, it's expected that he's off his rocker...

If someone in the position of real leadership says the same thing, that should be great cause for concern...

"That's OK...He's just acting like Pat Robertson" is NOT a good excuse for this ...

George_Washington said:

"Iran's president said Thursday he hoped for the death of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, the latest anti-Israeli comment by a leader who has already provoked international criticism for suggesting that Israel be 'wiped off the map.'"

Iran's President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is a horrible excuse for a human being. Geez. This was really shocking to me because I never knew how hateful Iran was until now.

Can we just mount a final crusade against these Muslims and be done with it? Before anybody misunderstands me: NO, I don't dislike all Muslims. I've just referring to the ones like Ahmad-I CAN'T SPELL HIS NAME TO SAVE MY LIFE.

I mean, Jesus. The western Christian world has been fighting these Muslims for what, a thousand years now off and on? I say let's invade Iran and any other insane dictatorship-fascist cess pool and make the Middle East safe for Christians, Jews, and other normal people.

I know I'm going to take flak from this from some people on this forum but I don't care. The Muslim religion seems to have many negative aspects to it that need to be addressed. For example, the way that they force women to cover themselves up in public and walk behind men. It's SICK. I don't know if this stuff is actually in the Qu'ran because I've never read it. But still, it's repulsive.

You know what the most hypocritical thing about all this is? Something everybody seems to miss? People are so ready to bash Scientology but at least they don't make women dress in long robes in 120 degree heat!! LOL. As crazy as Scientology may sound, you don't see Tom Cruise making Katie Holmes walk behind him and not speak in public or whatever crazy, stupid nonsense that Muslim extremists do.

Why don't we just try to take over the world like Hitler and the Nazis. Aren't we in enough of a mess in Iraq as it is? We cannot force these people to behave and think like us.

Exactly words are just words. If everyone is going to flip everytime someone says something bad in politics, where would we be.

I remember during the 2000 Presidential campaign. Bush called one guy a "Grade A asshole" not realizing the mike was still on. lol Bushy

cnredd said:
OK... let's try to put this in perspective folks....

Pat Robertson - Religious flake who is basically marginalized by the American public for being a douchebag...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - President of a country...

See the diff?...

To equate the two is absurd...

If a homeless guy tells you the aliens are coming, you blow it off...

If the leader of a country says it, than there's an issue...

Same thing here...

When a televangelist says something, it's expected that he's off his rocker...

If someone in the position of real leadership says the same thing, that should be great cause for concern...

"That's OK...He's just acting like Pat Robertson" is NOT a good excuse for this ...

No one's making excuses - it's just that George_Washington expressed that it was specifically Islamic people that are propagating and coming out with these sort of hateful statements. I was just showing that Christians in the lunatic fringe do it to.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a nutter and should not be in charge of a country, and I am certainly not apologizing for him - what he said was wrong.

George_Washington said:
For example, the way that they force women to cover themselves up in public and walk behind men. It's SICK. I don't know if this stuff is actually in the Qu'ran because I've never read it. But still, it's repulsive.

With women in burquas in Afghanistan - yes, it is. However, I know a lot of Muslim women who wear the hijab (scarf-thingie) out of their own choice, and some don't at all. I really doubt any moderate Muslim woman could be "forced" to cover up where the law doesn't force it it.

George_Washington said:

But not all ME nations are fundamentalist ones where women have to cover up. Take Iraq before we invaded for instance. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom