• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This Liberal has got it right....

john831 said:
This is just one liberals opinion, lots of antiwar people disagree. I am against the war and think it was a bad idea, but I support the troops in that I don't want them to die and I hope that, even though we went into Iraq for the wrong reasons, all the lives will not have been in vain and the government is successful.
Kudos John!...and the explaination of your comments differentiating from the standard "Left" text is quite simple...

You said you hope the lives of our soldiers haven't been taken in vain...

The majority of those against the war already believe they have been....

You said you hope the government is successful...

The majority of those against the war want them to fail...

When you lose your heart before the game is over, you lose the game...It's nice to see that not all Liberals feel that way...:2wave:

cnredd said:
The majority of those against the war already believe they have been.... (taken in vain)

Well, let's see....

The troops only do as they are ordered. No matter what the objective they are going to be conditioned to believe whatever it is necessary for them believe to get their job done.

This is the common psychological condition rendered upon any soldier, sea man, air man, or marine.

The difference is significant in the fact that, our troops, just as the American people were mislead. No matter if you blame it on the intelligence community or Bushes derelict negligance.

The fact is that many people do believe that these American lives have been taken in vain... especially when one thinks critically about why we went to Iraq, Why we shouldn't have, and why we're still there.

The war in Iraq has not been legitimately justified and that's the bottom line. Our troops are dying at the hands of injustice....

cnredd said:
The majority of those against the war want them to fail...

Proof? Evidence? Substantiation? or :spin:

Again this is a severe misinterpretation. Nobody wants America to fail. Nobody wants our troops to fail. All that many of us (pacifists) want is for Bush and his hawkish Adminstration to admit that they already have failed... and to have the decency to not sacrifice any more of our troops because it may damage their ego or their agenda.

cnredd said:
When you lose your heart before the game is over, you lose the game...It's nice to see that not all Liberals feel that way...:2wave:

That may be true but, more importantly, you have to have your heart before the game starts...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom