• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Israel-UAE deal is basically nothing but an anti-Iran pact and trump stunt for the election

“Art of the Deal!”

Jared was involved, nuff said!

So are Israel and the UAE not going to engage in formal diplomatic ties? Because personally, I do not care how this helps or hinders Donald Trump's re-election prospects. I think that peace between these two two states is wonderful news and I welcome it. The only thing I would welcome more would be if Iran recognized Israel and abandoned its campaign of terrorism.

I would welcome it in the same way that I would welcome a peace deal in which the People's Republic of China recognized Taiwan's independence or stopped putting West Chinese Turks in concentration camps, even if it was brokered by the Trump administration. Some things are good whoever might have brokered them.

So are Israel and the UAE not going to engage in formal diplomatic ties? Because personally, I do not care how this helps or hinders Donald Trump's re-election prospects. I think that peace between these two two states is wonderful news and I welcome it. The only thing I would welcome more would be if Iran recognized Israel and abandoned its campaign of terrorism.

I would welcome it in the same way that I would welcome a peace deal in which the People's Republic of China recognized Taiwan's independence or stopped putting West Chinese Turks in concentration camps, even if it was brokered by the Trump administration. Some things are good whoever might have brokered them.

Cough, cough,

From the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948 until the Iranian Revolution and the fall of the Pahlavi dynasty in 1979, Israel and Iran maintained close ties. Iran was the second Muslim-majority country to recognize Israel as a sovereign state after Turkey.

From friends to foes: How Israel and Iran turned into arch-enemies - Iran - Haaretz.com

It goes both ways with Israel. When does Israel plan to sign the international nuclear non-proliferation treaty and allow IAEA inspections of Dimona?

Last edited:
"Medea Benjamin (born Susan Benjamin; September 10, 1952) is an American political activist who co-founded Code Pink and, along with activist and author Kevin Danaher, the fair trade advocacy group Global Exchange. Benjamin was the Green Party candidate in California in 2000 for the United States Senate"

I thought this was more impressive until I read more. Apparently there is a good deal of business and communication between UAE and Israel that has going on for years. So they are basically just making it public. The other thing was the halt to annexations in the west bank. Originally, it was presented as "stopped", but now, according a statement by BB, it is just temporarily suspended. So, not much to get excited about.

I thought this was more impressive until I read more. Apparently there is a good deal of business and communication between UAE and Israel that has going on for years. So they are basically just making it public. The other thing was the halt to annexations in the west bank. Originally, it was presented as "stopped", but now, according a statement by BB, it is just temporarily suspended. So, not much to get excited about.

Another political con by the conman in chief. Anyone can see through this sh** unless you're blinded by the rotten cool-aid.

Oh my! . Israel and the United Arab Emirates make peace and open diplomatic relations and all the left can come up with is "A Trump stunt for the election"? As for the author's claim that it's to boost Trump's slumping campaign, I will assume that he learned nothing from the 2016 election. You libruls treat opinion polls as if there are ongoing votes. If anyone's campaign is slumping, it's Joe Biden's campaign. That's why his handlers are expressing fear over him debating Trump and they are in such a hurry to push mas mail in ballots.

It goes both ways with Israel. When does Israel plan to sign the international nuclear non-proliferation treaty and allow IAEA inspections of Dimona?

Let's be clear how Israel got nuclear weapons. JFK's policy was for no Middle East nation to get nuclear weapons, and Israel lied to him and the US. They blocked and then held staged inspections to hide their program.

Let's be clear how Israel got nuclear weapons. JFK's policy was for no Middle East nation to get nuclear weapons, and Israel lied to him and the US. They blocked and then held staged inspections to hide their program.

Israel joined the nuclear club with the aid of the French.

Israel's Nuclear Weapons

Israel joined the nuclear club with the aid of the French. [/url]

Yes, they lied to the US and secretly got the French to help them.

Oh my! . Israel and the United Arab Emirates make peace and open diplomatic relations and all the left can come up with is "A Trump stunt for the election"? As for the author's claim that it's to boost Trump's slumping campaign, I will assume that he learned nothing from the 2016 election. You libruls treat opinion polls as if there are ongoing votes. If anyone's campaign is slumping, it's Joe Biden's campaign. That's why his handlers are expressing fear over him debating Trump and they are in such a hurry to push mas mail in ballots.

I recommend you take a newspaper daily, preferably two. Everything I read suggest Donald Trump is scared of postal votes and mail boxes are disappearing from neighborhoods. It is so transparent. This Israel thing is also a joke. In no sense did Jared Kushner bring peace to the Middle East.

Obama did more to broker this deal than Trump and I think Obama just indirectly earned his Nobel prize.

By favoring Iran and lifting sanctions and helping them in their goal to become a regional power, he made the Middle East much LESS safe, and pushed all the other countries that didn't want Iran exporting revolution into a coalition. This included the UAE, Saudis, and Israel.

Today the Middle East is more safe and we have Obama to thank. :lamo

"Medea Benjamin (born Susan Benjamin; September 10, 1952) is an American political activist who co-founded Code Pink and, along with activist and author Kevin Danaher, the fair trade advocacy group Global Exchange. Benjamin was the Green Party candidate in California in 2000 for the United States Senate"

Common dreams is nothing more then a far left circle jerk web site.

Anyone who tries to use it as a credible source should be laughed at.

I recommend you take a newspaper daily, preferably two.

Only one available in my locale and not daily. Not really needed. Are newspapers your only source for news in the EU? Ever heard of 24 hour cable news? The internet?

Everything I read suggest Donald Trump is scared of postal votes

Only universal mail out balloting with no infrastructure to make mass voting by mail secure. The democrats know they are going to get their asses handed to them in the November elections. And they know they are not likely to get another real shot at pushing a Russian collusion hoax, so their plan is to slow down Trump by either cheating through universal balloting or failing that, they intend to tie the results up in courts for as long as possible. They will not accept the results if Trump winds again.

and mail boxes are disappearing from neighborhoods. It is so transparent.

What moronic news source in the EU is telling you that? I see no signs of mail boxes disappearing from neighborhoods.

This Israel thing is also a joke. In no sense did Jared Kushner bring peace to the Middle East.

A major Arab nation and Israel making peace and setting up diplomatic relations is no joke, You are just butthurt that Trump is getting credit for helping to make it happen. And you have no inside knowledge of how much or how little Jared Kushner was involved. The truth is that he was involved from the very beginning of the Trump administration, though he was not the only one. It was not an overnight deal to assist Trump's re-election. It has been a few years in the making.

Obama did more to broker this deal than Trump and I think Obama just indirectly earned his Nobel prize.

By favoring Iran and lifting sanctions and helping them in their goal to become a regional power, he made the Middle East much LESS safe, and pushed all the other countries that didn't want Iran exporting revolution into a coalition. This included the UAE, Saudis, and Israel.

Today the Middle East is more safe and we have Obama to thank. :lamo

To a point, you are right.Obama was too sympathetic to the islamic world to intellectually work out which islamic nations were peaceful and which were radicalized. And he could not bring himself to utter the term "radical islamic terrorism". His assistance to Iran spooked the non radicalized Islamic nations to the point where they saw Iran as a much bigger threat then they considered Israel. Trump merely fixed what Obama broke.

Only one available in my locale and not daily. Not really needed. Are newspapers your only source for news in the EU? Ever heard of 24 hour cable news? The internet?
You must mean 24/7 advertising. Ha!

Only universal mail out balloting with no infrastructure to make mass voting by mail secure. The democrats know they are going to get their asses handed to them in the November elections. And they know they are not likely to get another real shot at pushing a Russian collusion hoax, so their plan is to slow down Trump by either cheating through universal balloting or failing that, they intend to tie the results up in courts for as long as possible. They will not accept the results if Trump winds again.
I have never witnessed such lack of confidence in the voting system by Americans. It sounds like Belarus as each week goes by. It was different before Donald Trump.

What moronic news source in the EU is telling you that? I see no signs of mail boxes disappearing from neighborhoods.
The U.S. Government: "Nationally, the number of collection boxes declined by more than 12,000 in the past 5 years. Some customers have complained the U.S. Postal Service has gone too far and removed too many collection boxes in neighborhoods." (U.S. Postal Service Inspector General)
Where Have All the Collection Boxes Gone? | USPS Office of Inspector General

A major Arab nation and Israel making peace and setting up diplomatic relations is no joke, You are just butthurt that Trump is getting credit for helping to make it happen. And you have no inside knowledge of how much or how little Jared Kushner was involved. The truth is that he was involved from the very beginning of the Trump administration, though he was not the only one. It was not an overnight deal to assist Trump's re-election. It has been a few years in the making.
A major Arab nation??? United Arab Emirates, you mean??? What percentage of Donald Trump supporters could find that piece of sand on Pompeo's map, I wonder. What's the capital city there? Ha! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom