• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is your Executive Branch

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
As of Thursday, DOD will be run by a former senior Boeing executive. EPA is run by a former coal lobbyist. HHS is run by a former pharmaceutical lobbyist. And Interior will be run by a former oil-industry lobbyist. Welcome to 2019.

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1080661678424014848

Yes, MAGA--elevating people into leadership positions in Departments that they are nowhere near qualified to run.

Oh, and, of course, we have the Idiot in Chief running the whole show.

President Donald Trump told a group of lawmakers he can't accept Democrats' offer to re-open the government as the two sides negotiate border wall funding because he "would look foolish if I did that,"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/politics/donald-trump-shutdown-congress-meeting/index.html

No worries, Donnie boy. You have looking foolish sewn up.

Yes, MAGA--elevating people into leadership positions in Departments that they are nowhere near qualified to run.

Besides the fact that you believe rumors, as that CNN quote shows, you also seem addicted to spin.

For example, your characterization of Wheeler. You point out that he was a lobbyist for a coal company. But what you leave out is that he actually worked for the EPA, which means he knows a lot about the agency. You also left out that he worked for the Senate, which means he knows a lot about how they operate.

I didn't check up on the others you talked about, but I'm sure you spun their histories, as well. I'm not surprised that you'd do such a thing. Dishonest spin is just about all you have in your arsenal to use against Trump.

So it goes...

It would be different if Trump's appointees had established a track record of bringing sound business sense to the administration. But clearly that hasn't happened. Of course with Trump as CEO, the administration is a chicken running around with its head chopped off.

Besides the fact that you believe rumors, as that CNN quote shows, you also seem addicted to spin.

For example, your characterization of Wheeler. You point out that he was a lobbyist for a coal company. But what you leave out is that he actually worked for the EPA, which means he knows a lot about the agency. You also left out that he worked for the Senate, which means he knows a lot about how they operate.

I didn't check up on the others you talked about, but I'm sure you spun their histories, as well. I'm not surprised that you'd do such a thing. Dishonest spin is just about all you have in your arsenal to use against Trump.

So it goes...
I always marvel at how easily the mindless hate filled left out Trumps Trump.

But when the department of defense was run by a school teacher, that was ok. :lamo

So it goes...

So it goes? How do coal lobbyists become EPA employees and vice versa without some fundamental ethical compromise? How do retards come to lead our education system? How do inhuman elitists come to control Health and Human Services? These are the deliberate acts of social sabotage by right wing extremists in our government. They corrupt all that is good with their cynical, poisoned pill appointments and then sit back and watch the fun.

The right, though, is too dumb to recognize that what is being destroyed is not the overly complex framework of liberal power, it's the very structure of justice, of health and of the legitimate pursuit of knowledge upon which our nation has thrived.

Dishonest spin is not the problem. Obliviousness to the glaring evidence of incompetence by design IS the problem. Trump is the epitome of that.

So it goes...

I always marvel at how easily the mindless hate filled left out Trumps Trump.

I see you MAGA types have completely abandoned the "drain the swamp" routine and are flat out embracing filling the highest positions of our government with corporate lobbyists. Can you seriously say you'd support doing the same were it a democrat? Is this how you picture a healthy democracy?

I see you MAGA types have completely abandoned the "drain the swamp" routine and are flat out embracing filling the highest positions of our government with corporate lobbyists. Can you seriously say you'd support doing the same were it a democrat? Is this how you picture a healthy democracy?

This is exactly what a healthy democratic process looks like. You win some and you lose some. The Left has taken sore loserism to brand new heights.

Saw clips of the president’s cabinet meeting or whatever it was. It was a 25th Amendment-begging performance, complete with a re-write of the history of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

This is exactly what a healthy democratic process looks like. You win some and you lose some. The Left has taken sore loserism to brand new heights.

How is the president filling the top positions in his administration with corporate lobbyists "a healthy democratic process"? If Obama did the same would you have applauded his decision to put lobbyists over qualified candidates?

Getting rid of lobbyist influences over our political process is exactly what "drain the swamp" was supposed to mean.

How is the president filling the top positions in his administration with corporate lobbyists "a healthy democratic process"? If Obama did the same would you have applauded his decision to put lobbyists over qualified candidates?

Getting rid of lobbyist influences over our political process is exactly what "drain the swamp" was supposed to mean.

Because that's how democracy works. Just because your side lost, doesn't mean that our democratic process is broken. That's some real crybaby ****, there.

BTW, Obama DID do it. Did you nut up about it, then?

https://www.businessinsider.com/meet-the-lobbyists-inside-the-obamas-administration

Because that's how democracy works. Just because your side lost, doesn't mean that our democratic process is broken. That's some real crybaby ****, there.

Losers are supposed to figure out why they were not good enough, get better, and then try again the next time. This game does not work if people are going to insist upon being very bad losers as so many do now.

Losers are supposed to figure out why they were not good enough, get better, and then try again the next time. This game does not work if people are going to insist upon being very bad losers as so many do now.

Liberals are so convinced of their superiority that that is impossible.

Liberals are so convinced of their superiority that that is impossible.

It is that they dont believe in the negotiated game between willing participates, the New Left has decided that humans must be improved, and the rest of us have no choice in the matter, and since they are the only ones who are right they are in charge..

They have learned nothing from all of the failed UTOPIA building projects over the last century.

Nice spin. His EPA stint was back when Wheeler was in his 20's for the most part, as his first government position.

His Senate staffer position for next 15 years was for the Senator that does not believe in science / global warming; the one that brought a snowball to the Senate to prove the global warming is not real.

And finally is most recent and relevant position was the lobbying for the coal industry for the next 10 years...

So, I'd say you are spinning way more than the OP in characterizing Wheeler's background.

;)

tumblr_p3hsydMbvb1vmtp2uo1_1280.jpg

You're not getting it.
They're not qualified because the idea is to destroy those agencies. The qualification to run a US government agency is singular:
"Can you destroy this agency and leave it in a state where it deserves to be abolished or privatized?
YES??? Good, you have the job.

When Republicans talk about government being broken, they're not complaining, they're BOASTING.
It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE.

I am not surprised that you miss the point.

There's nothing swampy about Wheeler. He is perfectly qualified to run the EPA.

Nice spin. His EPA stint was back when Wheeler was in his 20's for the most part, as his first government position.

His Senate staffer position for next 15 years was for the Senator that does not believe in science / global warming; the one that brought a snowball to the Senate to prove the global warming is not real.

And finally is most recent and relevant position was the lobbying for the coal industry for the next 10 years...

So, I'd say you are spinning way more than the OP in characterizing Wheeler's background.

Oh...someone in their 20's isn't capable of understanding how an agency works? Someone with 10 years experience can't possibly understand how Congress works? Someone who with direct experience with the energy industry is useless to the EPA?

Oh...wait...he opposes global warming. Yeah...definitely not the right man for the job of running the EPA. :roll:

I am not surprised that you miss the point.

Miss what point? Why did Zinke, Tillerson, Pruitt, all the others had to resign because of ethics investigations? What part of making the swamp swampier is it that completely eludes you?

Miss what point? Why did Zinke, Tillerson, Pruitt, all the others had to resign because of ethics investigations? What part of making the swamp swampier is it that completely eludes you?

Rex Tillerson had no ethical issues, why did you make that up?

Back
Top Bottom