• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is your Executive Branch

I think the Left's point is that, in this case, everyone lost. How many people voted for Donald Trump because they believed him when he said he would "drain the swamp?" Appointing people to head government agencies that have the direct power to increase their personal wealth at the expense of the taxpayer is a conflict of interest and the very definition of a corrupt government "swamp."

Getting rid of career bureaucrats is absolutely "draining the swamp".

Getting rid of career bureaucrats is absolutely "draining the swamp".

He didn't get rid of career bureaucrats, he replaced them.

He didn't get rid of career bureaucrats, he replaced them.

The only thing to do is abolish most of those departments. Yes?

The only thing to do is abolish most of those departments. Yes?

How about appoint people to lead those departments that do not have a conflict of interest?

How about appoint people to lead those departments that do not have a conflict of interest?

I agree. No more tree huggers at the EPA.

I agree. No more tree huggers at the EPA.

Someone who cares about the environment would be an appropriate choice to run the Environmental Protection Agency.

Someone who cares about the environment would be an appropriate choice to run the Environmental Protection Agency.

Not if they're going to use the EPA to force tyranny upon the private sector.

Not if they're going to use the EPA to force tyranny upon the private sector.

The EPA is meant to be a check and balance. From an individual standpoint, the private sector has no real incentive to protect the environment. While a healthy environment ultimately benefits the private sector in the long run, there is nothing preventing individual companies from presuming that someone else will take care of it. The purpose of the private sector is to pursue profit. The purpose of the EPA is to make sure that it is not profit at any cost.

Government regulation is absolutely required to prevent the private sector from damaging itself down the road in its quest for higher profits today. In that respect, the EPA, and other government agencies that *reasonably* restrict the private sector, are a necessity.

The EPA is meant to be a check and balance[tb]. From an individual standpoint, the private sector has no real incentive to protect the environment. While a healthy environment ultimately benefits the private sector in the long run, there is nothing preventing individual companies from presuming that someone else will take care of it. The purpose of the private sector is to pursue profit. The purpose of the EPA is to make sure that it is not profit at any cost.

Government regulation is absolutely required to prevent the private sector from damaging itself down the road in its quest for higher profits today. In that respect, the EPA, and other government agencies that *reasonably* restrict the private sector, are a necessity.

And not tyranny.

And not tyranny.

Agreed. That is the bone of contention between (at least moderate) republicans and democrats. What to democrats is reasonable oversight is to republicans tyranny. That's where negotiation happens, ideally. If republicans (and the private sector) would like less oversight, there needs to be some sort of assurance that the operations of the private sector won't do greater damage to society down the road. When the environment suffers, the EPA (government) concludes that the private sector is not doing enough to protect the environment and creates regulations to do so.

So you are calling anyone who opposes Trump "twisted".
No, dear one. I am calling mentally imbalanced twits that spend their lives roiling in their pathetic mindless anti-Trump hatred 'twisted'.

No, dear one. I am calling mentally imbalanced twits that spend their lives roiling in their pathetic mindless anti-Trump hatred 'twisted'.

So in other words, you say anyone who doesn't like Trump is twisted.

"Dear one"?

So in other words, you say anyone who doesn't like Trump is twisted.

"Dear one"?
Thats not at all what I said. I think you could maybe do with a good re-read.

Besides the fact that you believe rumors, as that CNN quote shows, you also seem addicted to spin.

For example, your characterization of Wheeler. You point out that he was a lobbyist for a coal company. But what you leave out is that he actually worked for the EPA, which means he knows a lot about the agency. You also left out that he worked for the Senate, which means he knows a lot about how they operate.

I didn't check up on the others you talked about, but I'm sure you spun their histories, as well. I'm not surprised that you'd do such a thing. Dishonest spin is just about all you have in your arsenal to use against Trump.

So it goes...

Stop covering up for Trump. He has hired the worst denizens of the swamp in all areas of his Administration. The good news is these crooks will be spending a lot of their time testifying in the House now to explain their destructive actions and conflicts of interest. I doubt they will have much time left over to do their dirty work. The era of Trump is over and soon he will be gone. None too soon either.

Last edited:
Reread the quote. Get someone to help you if you need it.

So in other words, it's either everyone, or nobody.

Your words. You posted them. You can't back them up? I guess you were just showing off for one of the other Trump lovers.

Stop covering up for Trump. He has hired the worst denizens of the swamp in all areas of his Administration. The good news is these crooks will be spending a lot of their time testifying in the House now to explain their destructive actions and conflicts of interest. I doubt they will have much time left over to do their dirty work. The era of Trump is over and soon he will be gone. None too soon either.

LOL!!

For sure, the people he hires are big threats to the Elites of both parties and to the multinational globalists. You must support those people.

But the House campaign of obstruction...these investigations you refer to...won't hinder Trump and his agenda at all.

Sorry to burst your bubble of elation, but them's just the facts.

LOL!!

For sure, the people he hires are big threats to the Elites of both parties and to the multinational globalists. You must support those people.

But the House campaign of obstruction...these investigations you refer to...won't hinder Trump and his agenda at all.

Sorry to burst your bubble of elation, but them's just the facts.

I'm not surprised that your delusional mind includes this subject too. You will see. Trump is over and so is his destructive and divisive agenda. Stick a fork in him. Your half term President is a bust.

Besides the fact that you believe rumors, as that CNN quote shows, you also seem addicted to spin.

For example, your characterization of Wheeler. You point out that he was a lobbyist for a coal company. But what you leave out is that he actually worked for the EPA, which means he knows a lot about the agency. You also left out that he worked for the Senate, which means he knows a lot about how they operate.

I didn't check up on the others you talked about, but I'm sure you spun their histories, as well. I'm not surprised that you'd do such a thing. Dishonest spin is just about all you have in your arsenal to use against Trump.

So it goes...

Andrew Wheeler was the EPA lobbyist for Murray Energy, the largest coal producer in the United States. He has also been a highly vocal critic of the EPA. A definite conflict of interest.

This is akin to appointing an arsonist to run a fire department.

Trump never ever intended to drain any swamp. He has exclusively appointed corporatists, lobbyists, and bankers to run government departments.

Andrew Wheeler was the EPA lobbyist for Murray Energy, the largest coal producer in the United States. He has also been a highly vocal critic of the EPA. A definite conflict of interest.

This is akin to appointing an arsonist to run a fire department.

Trump never ever intended to drain any swamp. He has exclusively appointed corporatists, lobbyists, and bankers to run government departments.

Energy is vital to the economic well-being of the US. Seeing as how the Obama EPA has damaged our energy industry to almost catastrophic levels, we certainly do need someone who is experienced in the EPA, Congress and the industry to get us back on track. Trump and Wheeler will make that happen.

Energy is vital to the economic well-being of the US. Seeing as how the Obama EPA has damaged our energy industry to almost catastrophic levels, we certainly do need someone who is experienced in the EPA, Congress and the industry to get us back on track. Trump and Wheeler will make that happen.

I don't need your Trumpist rah-rah crap.

I want directors that do not have a lobbyist/corporatist/ideological conflict of interest with the department they are appointed to manage.

So in other words, it's either everyone, or nobody.

Your words. You posted them. You can't back them up? I guess you were just showing off for one of the other Trump lovers.
In other words, you seem to have some real struggles with basic word comprehension.

In other words, you seem to have some real struggles with basic word comprehension.

Why don't you name some names, Vance? You're the one who was preening for another Trump devotee, talking smack about people who don't share your adoration for Trump. Name some names.

Back
Top Bottom