• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is Your Evangelical Hero????

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
As Mediaite's John Ziegler put it:
It’s SO weird that Barack Obama (the “Muslim”) knew all the words to the Apostles’ Creed, and Donald Trump (the Evangelical hero) didn’t know any of them, and didn’t even bother to read them.

How is it possible to still support the President after that interaction with all the other Presidents who were all seen to smile and interact with each other warmly. You felt the cold come into the room when Trump walked in just by watching the video. Trump had to sit down next to the man he called is an illegitimate President who wasn't born here and a former first lady he said should be thrown in jail. And a President he called a rapist.

Footage from the event shows much of the church, including the former presidents seated with Trump, standing to recite the profession of faith.

Trump and first lady Melania Trump stood, but did not recite the prayer, which was written in the program, nor did they sing the hymns.

Every President Recited This Prayer Except Trump, And People Definitely Noticed

EDIT: He also didn't put his hand over his heart. :mad:

Last edited:

How is it possible to still support the President after that interaction with all the other Presidents who were all seen to smile and interact with each other warmly. You felt the cold come into the room when Trump walked in just by watching the video. Trump had to sit down next to the man he called is an illegitimate President who wasn't born here and a former first lady he said should be thrown in jail. And a President he called a rapist.

Can you imagine if this was the Kenyan Muslim who did this? Trump Fan Nation would be screaming like scorched cats about how this proves he isn't a Christian.

Trump is no Christian, and it's pathetic and inexplicable that the Evangelicals believe he is. Then again, 1000 people in Guyana drank cyanide-laced Kool-Aid because they believed Jim Jones was the next coming of Christ, so I guess in a cult, nothing should surprise us.

Can you imagine if this was the Kenyan Muslim who did this? Trump Fan Nation would be screaming like scorched cats about how this proves he isn't a Christian.

Trump is no Christian, and it's pathetic and inexplicable that the Evangelicals believe he is. Then again, 1000 people in Guyana drank cyanide-laced Kool-Aid because they believed Jim Jones was the next coming of Christ, so I guess in a cult, nothing should surprise us.

I have a hard time picturing Fred Trump in church, and the reason isn't b/c of my reasons for concern over the pedophilia/sexual abuse scandal.

I don't know why you guys might suspect Trump's Christianity is a farce.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/...ess-if-i-am-not-making-mistakes-video-141856/

"I try not make mistakes where I have to ask forgiveness," Trump answered.

When further asked about repentance again by Cooper, Trump said "I think repenting is terrific."

"Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness, if I am not making mistakes?" asked Trump. "I work hard, I'm an honorable person."

I think I can find something like that in the Gospels or Paul's letters but it's been awhile since I looked. Anyone help a fella out?

EDIT: He also didn't put his hand over his heart. :mad:

Just a quick question here. What do you expect evangelicals to do? To become instant Democrats? That's not going to happen. For quite a lot of evangelicals, they view the Democratic Party as out to destroy their religion, to make them all atheist. Sure, you have Trump who is far from an ideal president, whose character and personality in a lot of ways is quite contrary to what evangelicals would like or even support. But they aren't leaving him. For most of them the alternative of non-support for Trump is support for a party trying to destroy their religious beliefs.

It's the lesser of two evils syndrome.

Just a quick question here. What do you expect evangelicals to do? To become instant Democrats? That's not going to happen. For quite a lot of evangelicals, they view the Democratic Party as out to destroy their religion, to make them all atheist. Sure, you have Trump who is far from an ideal president, whose character and personality in a lot of ways is quite contrary to what evangelicals would like or even support. But they aren't leaving him. For most of them the alternative of non-support for Trump is support for a party trying to destroy their religious beliefs.

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer that.

I expect Evangelicals to put their money where their mouths are. They preach family values, the sanctity of marriage, love of God and family and all that, and then support Trump? No. They are either frauds, or they are hypocrites.

In the real world, the good world that existed before Trump, the Evangelicals would call him out. They would not support him.

Democrats aren't trying o destroy anyone's religious beliefs, Pero. Not even close. And that comment is coming from someone who voted for every Republican candidate between 1980 and 2018.

Maybe just admit what they believe which you pointed out, is very, very wrong. One can hope...

Evangelical voters are so easily duped. And such blatant hypocrites.

The Evangelical community pretty much split over Trump, mostly along generational lines. It didn't get much play, because the media isn't good at understanding the community, outside of going to a few well-known figures in the pro-Trump wing for quotes when they want to run the Evangelicals Say X, But It Turns Out They Are Giant Hypocrites story.

Pretty thin and about as illogical as it gets. Dems don't give a rats behind about Evangelists. They could sprout up in their corn fields to perpetuity for all Dems care. The simple truth of it is that some Evangelists are bound and determined to drive religion into secular society with the business end of a flaming cross and I do mean that with all of the optics that a flaming cross implies.

All Evangelists need to do to live in peace is stop their save the world with Evangelism nonsense. What parts of the world that are interested will come to them, not the other way round. Its Evangelists that have decided to go on this Judge and Justice war path as part of their effort to remake the country to be something its not and was never intended to be.

I expect supposed people of faith to say no we can't support this and support someone else that stands for their beliefs. I expect them to know a wolf on sheeps clothing or a devil in disguise.
No I don't expect them to be Democrats actually don't want them to but they shouldn't condone and excuse all the things they say they are against.
There shouldn't be a lesser of 2 evils there should be no support for any evil.
Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking it would be a better move, if Trump sat down and shut up during the funeral and he sort of did. Other then the giant motorcade from across the street, I don't think he really pulled any faux pas for the memorial service.

There are plenty of Christians that don't agree with Trump. They just don't get national attention, or have an entire network that intertwines religion with politics freely.

That’s because evangelical Christians are a profoundly gullible lot.

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer that.

I expect Evangelicals to put their money where their mouths are. They preach family values, the sanctity of marriage, love of God and family and all that, and then support Trump? No. They are either frauds, or they are hypocrites.

In the real world, the good world that existed before Trump, the Evangelicals would call him out. They would not support him.

Democrats aren't trying o destroy anyone's religious beliefs, Pero. Not even close. And that comment is coming from someone who voted for every Republican candidate between 1980 and 2018.

I'm just pointing out how many feel. That feeling that the Democrats have been trying to destroy their religion goes back to taking prayer out of schools, taking Christmas decorations out of city hall, taking the ten commandments down from court houses and more. Abortion is huge, the killing of innocent babies by the Democrats or at least their backing of it. Here recently you have the Democrats siding with the Muslims over Christians when it comes to the Syrian refugees etc.

A good friend of mine whom served with me in Laos is just about as Evangelical as one can get. The above would come straight out of his mouth why he considers the Democrats as attempting to destroy his religion. Of course he would have added a hundred more examples. He views his religion under attack by anyone with a D next to his name.

Pretty thin and about as illogical as it gets. Dems don't give a rats behind about Evangelists. They could sprout up in their corn fields to perpetuity for all Dems care. The simple truth of it is that some Evangelists are bound and determined to drive religion into secular society with the business end of a flaming cross and I do mean that with all of the optics that a flaming cross implies.

All Evangelists need to do to live in peace is stop their save the world with Evangelism nonsense. What parts of the world that are interested will come to them, not the other way round. Its Evangelists that have decided to go on this Judge and Justice war path as part of their effort to remake the country to be something its not and was never intended to be.

I think their world, at least as an evangelist friend of mine's world, their world first and foremost revolves around the abortion issue. He'll name a thousand other things, but abortion always comes first. The Democrats are pro abortion and about killing innocent babies. Anyone to include Trump who isn't pro abortion is better than any Democrat.

You will never be able to convince him or probably most evangelicals different.

I'm just pointing out how many feel. That feeling that the Democrats have been trying to destroy their religion goes back to taking prayer out of schools, taking Christmas decorations out of city hall, taking the ten commandments down from court houses and more. Abortion is huge, the killing of innocent babies by the Democrats or at least their backing of it. Here recently you have the Democrats siding with the Muslims over Christians when it comes to the Syrian refugees etc.

A good friend of mine whom served with me in Laos is just about as Evangelical as one can get. The above would come straight out of his mouth why he considers the Democrats as attempting to destroy his religion. Of course he would have added a hundred more examples. He views his religion under attack by anyone with a D next to his name.

I don't want prayer in school, and I'm not trying to destroy anyone's religious beliefs. I think everyone should be free to believe as they choose, and worship as they choose, and pray as they choose. What do public schools have to do with that?

I don't need to see The Ten Commandments in City Hall or a court house, any more than I need to see the Koran or verses from the Book of Mormon or Wiccan spells. Those are governmental buildings, not houses of worship.

Trump was a vocal pro-choicer for decades, up to and including partial birth abortion. If the Evangelicals don't know that, they're stupider than I thought.

Syrian refugees? What do they have to do with Trump not being religious at all, and the Evangelicals putting their support behind him?

The Democrats, who I have opposed since the day I was eligible to vote, have done absolutely nothing to destroy anyone's religion.

I don't want prayer in school, and I'm not trying to destroy anyone's religious beliefs. I think everyone should be free to believe as they choose, and worship as they choose, and pray as they choose. What do public schools have to do with that?

I don't need to see The Ten Commandments in City Hall or a court house, any more than I need to see the Koran or verses from the Book of Mormon or Wiccan spells. Those are governmental buildings, not houses of worship.

Trump was a vocal pro-choicer for decades, up to and including partial birth abortion. If the Evangelicals don't know that, they're stupider than I thought.

Syrian refugees? What do they have to do with Trump not being religious at all, and the Evangelicals putting their support behind him?

The Democrats, who I have opposed since the day I was eligible to vote, have done absolutely nothing to destroy anyone's religion.

Right. In fact, prayer is still in public school, it just cannot be teacher or school-led prayer.

I expect supposed people of faith to say no we can't support this and support someone else that stands for their beliefs. I expect them to know a wolf on sheeps clothing or a devil in disguise.
No I don't expect them to be Democrats actually don't want them to but they shouldn't condone and excuse all the things they say they are against.
There shouldn't be a lesser of 2 evils there should be no support for any evil.
Just my 2 cents.

I understand what you're getting at. But in our two party political system, it seems to me most of the time it always boils down to the lesser of two evils. take 2016, 25% of all Americans disliked both major party candidates, didn't want neither one to become president. But they really didn't have a choice but to choose one or the other. The lesser of two evils or the one they least wanted to lose. Not the one they wanted to win. They wanted neither one to win.

Right. In fact, prayer is still in public school, it just cannot be teacher or school-led prayer.

I would not object in any way shape or form if the kids in my son's school bow their heads in prayer before a test or before they eat or in front of their lockers or wherever. What I don't want is a school-led prayer or as you said, teacher-led organized either.

Back
Top Bottom