• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is Your Evangelical Hero????

I would not object in any way shape or form if the kids in my son's school bow their heads in prayer before a test or before they eat or in front of their lockers or wherever. What I don't want is a school-led prayer or as you said, teacher-led organized either.

We agree on that.

I think their world, at least as an evangelist friend of mine's world, their world first and foremost revolves around the abortion issue. He'll name a thousand other things, but abortion always comes first. The Democrats are pro abortion and about killing innocent babies. Anyone to include Trump who isn't pro abortion is better than any Democrat.

You will never be able to convince him or probably most evangelicals different.

Still a matter of driving their belief system down everybody else's throats. Not the other way around.

As Mediaite's John Ziegler put it:

How is it possible to still support the President after that interaction with all the other Presidents who were all seen to smile and interact with each other warmly. You felt the cold come into the room when Trump walked in just by watching the video. Trump had to sit down next to the man he called is an illegitimate President who wasn't born here and a former first lady he said should be thrown in jail. And a President he called a rapist.

Every President Recited This Prayer Except Trump, And People Definitely Noticed

EDIT: He also didn't put his hand over his heart. :mad:

Trump, the first not be nominated for the sinless POTUS award. Darn, alert the media.
As for "cold come into the room", you could see the icicles hanging off Michelle and Hillary's nose. They couldn't even stop themselves during such somber occasion.

I understand what you're getting at. But in our two party political system, it seems to me most of the time it always boils down to the lesser of two evils. take 2016, 25% of all Americans disliked both major party candidates, didn't want neither one to become president. But they really didn't have a choice but to choose one or the other. The lesser of two evils or the one they least wanted to lose. Not the one they wanted to win. They wanted neither one to win.

And I get what your saying but I thought evangelicals or devout Christians were supposed to "believe" and not make that choice?
At this point I feel like the child of divorce when both parents hate each other. That's where the 2 party system has left me.
I think most liberals feel this way. When you have liberals having to defend the FBI and rule of law you know something is really wrong.

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer that.

I expect Evangelicals to put their money where their mouths are. They preach family values, the sanctity of marriage, love of God and family and all that, and then support Trump? No. They are either frauds, or they are hypocrites.

In the real world, the good world that existed before Trump, the Evangelicals would call him out. They would not support him.

Democrats aren't trying o destroy anyone's religious beliefs, Pero. Not even close. And that comment is coming from someone who voted for every Republican candidate between 1980 and 2018.

Dude, most evangelicals voted for ted ****ing cruz, a guy who DEFINITELY practices christianity, and would piss you off in every other way a lot worse than trump would. Evangelicals are never going to vote democrat, just get over it. Trump is better than any democrat as far as they are concerned, so what do you expect them to do? vote 3rd party? What do you really expect?

I have yet to see the democrats put their money where their mouths are....unless it's other people's money they're using.

That’s because evangelical Christians are a profoundly gullible lot.

Each individual has his own reasons why they vote the way they do, whom they support etc. Religion or no religion is but one reason. I find it interesting that Trump won the religious groups, protestants, Catholics, mormons with the exceptions of the Jewish Group. Those with no religion, atheists went to Clinton in an overwhelming number.

What I'm saying the perception is there, the Democrats want to destroy the religious, the Democrats also want to save those non-religious from the religious, from the evil Republicans who support religion. This perception has been around for close to 50 years. It's a fact, it isn't about to change. I would say most of it is political propaganda, but it works.

I don't want prayer in school, and I'm not trying to destroy anyone's religious beliefs. I think everyone should be free to believe as they choose, and worship as they choose, and pray as they choose. What do public schools have to do with that?

I don't need to see The Ten Commandments in City Hall or a court house, any more than I need to see the Koran or verses from the Book of Mormon or Wiccan spells. Those are governmental buildings, not houses of worship.

Trump was a vocal pro-choicer for decades, up to and including partial birth abortion. If the Evangelicals don't know that, they're stupider than I thought.

Syrian refugees? What do they have to do with Trump not being religious at all, and the Evangelicals putting their support behind him?

The Democrats, who I have opposed since the day I was eligible to vote, have done absolutely nothing to destroy anyone's religion.

Here's the thing Tres, I'm an old fart who when I went to school, the first thing we did was bow our heads in prayer and then say the pledge of allegiance. There was no school on Good Friday so the kids could attend religious services. Almost every public and government buildings had Christmas decorations and the ten commandments was displayed prominently in court houses. Prayer before sporting events was usually done or just after. This the evangelicals seen taken away from them over the years. Of course there has always been the abortion fight.

As for the Muslims, that was just showing in my friends mind, Democrats support Muslims, but want to do away with Christians. What used to be in the 1940's and 50's, have disappeared, taken away from them. The Democratic Party gets the blame. At least by evangelicals in general. The surprising thing is most older evangelicals were staunch old yeller Democrats where I live until Reagan. Go figure.

And I get what your saying but I thought evangelicals or devout Christians were supposed to "believe" and not make that choice?
At this point I feel like the child of divorce when both parents hate each other. That's where the 2 party system has left me.
I think most liberals feel this way. When you have liberals having to defend the FBI and rule of law you know something is really wrong.

LOL, yeah. Politics in general is one supports the FBI, rule of law, the SCOTUS decisions, you name when they rule in your favor, oppose them when they don't.

Each individual has his own reasons why they vote the way they do, whom they support etc. Religion or no religion is but one reason. I find it interesting that Trump won the religious groups, protestants, Catholics, mormons with the exceptions of the Jewish Group. Those with no religion, atheists went to Clinton in an overwhelming number.

What I'm saying the perception is there, the Democrats want to destroy the religious, the Democrats also want to save those non-religious from the religious, from the evil Republicans who support religion. This perception has been around for close to 50 years. It's a fact, it isn't about to change. I would say most of it is political propaganda, but it works.

Yes, it's propaganda, and yes, it works.

Perhaps the evangelicals should be a little less open in their support of Trump, a guy who exhibits most of the Deadly Sins on a daily basis. The ironic fact that they shrug off Trump's flaws isn't lost on those of us who have listened to the evangelicals screaming "character counts!" for decades. They have a well deserved image problem now. As a group (at least the leaders they choose to follow), they were always hypocritical opportunists. They've sold their souls to Trumpism here, and I hope they reap what they've sown.

They see it just the opposite.

They have been taught that the USA was founded by and for Christians - that it's a Christian Nation. They are fighting a war (their word) to take back the country for Jesus. That's a problem.

I'm not a fan of Theocracy.

How is it possible to still support the President after that interaction with all the other Presidents who were all seen to smile and interact with each other warmly. You felt the cold come into the room when Trump walked in just by watching the video. Trump had to sit down next to the man he called is an illegitimate President who wasn't born here and a former first lady he said should be thrown in jail. And a President he called a rapist.

If Trump wasn't such an asshole, he would probably be my kind of guy. It's so obvious that he thinks religion is for dummies.

The Apostle's Creed is a CATHOLIC PRAYER...shared by SOME, not all Protestant demoninations; but then, who ever expects leftists to have any ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE of ANY TOPIC?

It's the prayer for the start of the Rosary...at the Crucifix. What left twits know about actual Christianity wouldn't fill a thimble.

Trump has never claimed to be Catholic.

Last edited:
Dude, most evangelicals voted for ted ****ing cruz, a guy who DEFINITELY practices christianity, and would piss you off in every other way a lot worse than trump would. Evangelicals are never going to vote democrat, just get over it. Trump is better than any democrat as far as they are concerned, so what do you expect them to do? vote 3rd party? What do you really expect?

I have yet to see the democrats put their money where their mouths are....unless it's other people's money they're using.

Dude? I'm a female.

Why would Ted Cruz piss me off? And what does he have to do with the fake Christian sitting in the Oval Office?

The Apostle's Creed is a CATHOLIC PRAYER...shared by SOME, not all Protestant demoninations; but then, who ever expects leftists to have any ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE of ANY TOPIC?

It's the prayer for the start of the Rosary...at the Crucifix. What left twits know about actual Christianity wouldn't fill a thimble.

The words were right there. Are you telling me he can't read???

You're demonstrating your own lack of erudition here. The Rosary came along a long time after the Creed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles'_Creed
https://www.osv.com/RSS/365DaysToMe...eID/17911/Where-did-the-rosary-originate.aspx

His supporters don't care. Trump could stroll out onto the white house lawn wearing a diaper, take a big dump and fling it around like a chimpanzee and they would celebrate him for it.

It's funny to watch you pretend you know anything about Christianity.

The Evangelical community pretty much split over Trump, mostly along generational lines. It didn't get much play, because the media isn't good at understanding the community, outside of going to a few well-known figures in the pro-Trump wing for quotes when they want to run the Evangelicals Say X, But It Turns Out They Are Giant Hypocrites story.

I say never let a reluctance to overgeneralize get in the way of an agenda.

Can you imagine if this was the Kenyan Muslim who did this? Trump Fan Nation would be screaming like scorched cats about how this proves he isn't a Christian.

Trump is no Christian, and it's pathetic and inexplicable that the Evangelicals believe he is. Then again, 1000 people in Guyana drank cyanide-laced Kool-Aid because they believed Jim Jones was the next coming of Christ, so I guess in a cult, nothing should surprise us.

I remember them falling on their fainting couch, en mass, when he didn't have a flag pin on his lapel.

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer that.

I expect Evangelicals to put their money where their mouths are. They preach family values, the sanctity of marriage, love of God and family and all that, and then support Trump? No. They are either frauds, or they are hypocrites.

In the real world, the good world that existed before Trump, the Evangelicals would call him out. They would not support him.

Democrats aren't trying o destroy anyone's religious beliefs, Pero. Not even close. And that comment is coming from someone who voted for every Republican candidate between 1980 and 2018.

The hard core nutty evangelicals actually had a third party movement in "The Constitution Party" for a while. Which was like a Libertarian Party but with a lot of religious social conservatism. Or what people on this site call themselves "Right Wing Libertarians". I think they gave up on that and instead decided to co-opt the GOP.

I don't want prayer in school, and I'm not trying to destroy anyone's religious beliefs. I think everyone should be free to believe as they choose, and worship as they choose, and pray as they choose. What do public schools have to do with that?

I don't need to see The Ten Commandments in City Hall or a court house, any more than I need to see the Koran or verses from the Book of Mormon or Wiccan spells. Those are governmental buildings, not houses of worship.

Trump was a vocal pro-choicer for decades, up to and including partial birth abortion. If the Evangelicals don't know that, they're stupider than I thought.

Syrian refugees? What do they have to do with Trump not being religious at all, and the Evangelicals putting their support behind him?

The Democrats, who I have opposed since the day I was eligible to vote, have done absolutely nothing to destroy anyone's religion.

You sure about that? I snuck in your church and smeared peanut-butter on your cross.

Trump, the first not be nominated for the sinless POTUS award. Darn, alert the media.
As for "cold come into the room", you could see the icicles hanging off Michelle and Hillary's nose. They couldn't even stop themselves during such somber occasion.

This hand-waving away after 8 years of slings and arrows from the evangelicals on clinton's libido and 8 more years of how Obama was a muslim because they couldn't find any real negative angle from christian land.

No one expects them to vote for Dems. They are just basically proving that religion has nothing to do with their choices despite them saying its all about morals and religion and God and Jesus etc etc etc. Their decisions are party based and not religion based. They are phonies. What bother's them is the D. All their decisions are based on how to thwart the D. They won't ever go for the D but I'm very willing to give them the D. I will help ram the D right down their throats.

Back
Top Bottom