• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is Why Youre fat

kinda like, "I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight" :2razz:

My niece was told that she should get in shape - she replied that round is a shape. ;)

I gotta admit that eating food which will slowly kill you defies logic.

that part doesn't even bug me because I believe we die at a given time and can not change that,

for me my motivation is that I would prefer to die healthy, I don't want to spend the last ten years of my life sucking oxygen, barely able to move and taking so many pills to assist so many body parts that they destroy other parts just to keep one functioning

I don't want to just function, I want to live right to the end.

I got up to 246 pounds a few years ago. I did ride my bicycle a lot but I ate out all the time, drank good beer etc. I had backed off the chow for a couple years and dropped 10-15 lbs or so. Then last year I just quit eating out, except once every two weeks, but then I eat whatever is on the menu I want. I run about 15 miles a week and still ride some. I am now at 190 and dropping. I don't really watch my diet but I want to lose another 14 lbs and be my Marine Corps weight this year, so I might have to.

This Is Why You're Fat - Where dreams become heart attacks

A really awesome website dedicated to unhealthy but totally enjoyable stuff. Hey, you only live once! :mrgreen:

P6b2Hrp.jpg

Pizza fries

C8ZJFrt.jpg

Five pound grilled cheese with13 different cheeses, 3 slices of grilled bread served with fried and slaw.
The pizza fries look good. The sandwich is not appealing at all.

Somebody wrote:

Inside every fat woman there is Miss America screaming to get out.

And living kills you too, but we still do it.

I guarantee you this: Live enough, and you will die!

To pursue acetic health at the expense of enjoyment, would not be for everybody either. Not that I'm saying you're suggesting that, but just getting the point across that we need to balance health with enjoyment of life.

Here's one of my favorite quotes:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Now obviously he's the opposite side of the spectrum, but I note well his point.

those look freaking AMAZING
Thank you.

It's little things like these that keep me living where I do.

And besides the looks of the Taylor Street Fries, keep in mind that the fries are infused with Italian Beef gravy, which in itself is really tasty stuff! There's garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and something that to me resonates as cinnamon or cardamom, along with the beef rendering and whatever the cook or family adds to their specific recipe! It's the juice derived from cooking 'Italian Beef', and a critical component of an Italian Beef or Italian Sausage sandwich.

It's also used in making 'gravy bread', where the cook dips a sandwich sized piece of Italian bread in the pot of gravy until it's soaked, and then served as a sandwich sans meat!

And when I buy grilled sausage in a catering tray portion to serve with my home-cooked pasta dishes, the first question asked upon ordering will be: "With red sauce or beef gravy"?

It's (the beef gravy) that popular, that ubiquitous, and that ferociously good! :thumbs:

Anybody not from Rochester, NY, will probably think this is disgusting. Anybody from Rochester knows better.

I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, the signature dish of the Flower City ... the Garbage Plate.

View attachment 67201973

The Garbage Plate is the creation of Nick Tahou Hots on East Main Street in the city. It consists of your choice of two of french fries, home fries, mac salad or baked beans; topped by two of your choice of hamburgers, cheeseburgers or hot dogs (plus some other variations that nobody ever gets); topped with a hot meat sauce that is Rochester's signature condiment, onions and spicy mustard. I generally get mine with cheeseburgers, home fries/mac and sans mustard. It is a wonderful combination of starch, grease and spice that goes down like a drunk prom date after a night of drinking. It is best slathered with a copious amount of Frank's Red Hot and ketchup.

Most restaurants in the area have their own version of the garbage plate, but the original is the best in town.

The garbage plate is on my bucket list- its one of the few regional dishes I havent tried yet.

that part doesn't even bug me because I believe we die at a given time and can not change that,

for me my motivation is that I would prefer to die healthy, I don't want to spend the last ten years of my life sucking oxygen, barely able to move and taking so many pills to assist so many body parts that they destroy other parts just to keep one functioning

I don't want to just function, I want to live right to the end.

Well none of us really knows how we go out in the end, even the ones who eat the healthiest of food still die terrible deaths sometimes. Everything from cancer to accidents, disease, etc. can happen to anyone.

Thank you.

It's little things like these that keep me living where I do.

And besides the looks of the Taylor Street Fries, keep in mind that the fries are infused with Italian Beef gravy, which in itself is really tasty stuff! There's garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and something that to me resonates as cinnamon or cardamom, along with the beef rendering and whatever the cook or family adds to their specific recipe! It's the juice derived from cooking 'Italian Beef', and a critical component of an Italian Beef or Italian Sausage sandwich.

It's also used in making 'gravy bread', where the cook dips a sandwich sized piece of Italian bread in the pot of gravy until it's soaked, and then served as a sandwich sans meat!

And when I buy grilled sausage in a catering tray portion to serve with my home-cooked pasta dishes, the first question asked upon ordering will be: "With red sauce or beef gravy"?

It's (the beef gravy) that popular, that ubiquitous, and that ferociously good! :thumbs:

I eat 80/20 and that works for me...some day trying those fries will be a part of my 20% where I enjoy every bite of the bad that is oh so good

Well none of us really knows how we go out in the end, even the ones who eat the healthiest of food still die terrible deaths sometimes. Everything from cancer to accidents, disease, etc. can happen to anyone.

agreed

heredity places a huge part...people say diet and attitude but there's a woman in my building who eats what I would consider to be not the best, and her attitude about everything sucks....she is 83, swims daily, walks fast, still drives and lives to bitch about everything and everybody

but that is not the norm and we can influence our health and drugs are the prime example of that...our food should be our drug and our drugs should be gotten through our food

much of our illness is diet induced and that is pathetic really

the whole world is dying from food, most with not enough and us with too much and strangely and ironically enough....malnutrition in both cases is often the cause

I just can't get on board with glorifying this kind of food. Even my naughty pleasure foods look nothing like these cheese and grease monsters.

If I ate one of those I'd probably be in a food coma for days, not to mention spending half the day on the can!

I agree. Not appealing to me at all. No urge to even taste it, much less order it.

My dietary indiscretions consist of mostly too much popcorn watching my favorite TV shows or movies in the evening and sneaking an extra cookie out of the cookie jar when I don't want to take the time to cut up an apple or put together a more healthy snack.

I have fought the battle of the scales all of my adult life knowing that genetics does play some part in that but I think it still is mostly what we choose to eat and in what quantities. Even though my blood tests show that my cholesterol, both good and bad, is great and I don't have any other dietary issues so far as being healthy, and though I do try to maintain a healthy weight, I still weigh more than I would like. And that is because I like a lot of stuff that you shouldn't eat a whole lot of.

But that stuff in the OP? Nope. Not even tempting.

Somebody wrote:

Inside every fat woman there is Miss America screaming to get out.
No! No!

It's: "Outside every trim women is a fat man trying to get in"!

Ya' gotta' get these things right! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom