• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

this is why the old geezer needs a teleprompter

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Joe Biden: "The three congressman you have here, two of them look like they really could and did play ball and the other one looks like he can bomb you."

Yet, it’s what Biden said about Reps. Colin Allred (D-TX), Marc Veasey (D-TX), and Jake Ellzey (R-TX) is rather…problematic. Biden said that two of the congressmen, Veasey and Allred, look like they can play basketball; both men are black. He added that Congressman Ellzey looks like a dude who would bomb you. Now, Ellzey was a Navy fighter pilot who fought in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. If this was a joke, it missed its target by several hundred miles.

Schweeh boy, where the hell were his handlers? He might as well have said" these two look like they could chow down on some Popeyes"

Now can you imagine if a Republican had said that about two black guys? ( rhetorical)

Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Joe Biden: "The three congressman you have here, two of them look like they really could and did play ball and the other one looks like he can bomb you."

Yet, it’s what Biden said about Reps. Colin Allred (D-TX), Marc Veasey (D-TX), and Jake Ellzey (R-TX) is rather…problematic. Biden said that two of the congressmen, Veasey and Allred, look like they can play basketball; both men are black. He added that Congressman Ellzey looks like a dude who would bomb you. Now, Ellzey was a Navy fighter pilot who fought in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. If this was a joke, it missed its target by several hundred miles.

Schweeh boy, where the hell were his handlers? He might as well have said" these two look like they could chow down on some Popeyes"

Now can you imagine if a Republican had said that about two black guys? ( rhetorical)
You should try not to be so sensitive.

Also, repubs playing the race card is a large part of why Biden is our president.

It gets old.

Here are some of the infamous racist comments Biden made over the years.

"If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

“. . . poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. . . I'm not joking."

“If my opponent wins, they’re going to put y’all back in chains.”

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle."

The left pretends not to notice, which shows how truly disingenuous they are.

If you're sensitive to such racial stereotyping, you ain't black. Just mixing Biden metaphors here.

"If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. . . I'm not joking."

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle."

But they notice that we notice that they're pretending not to notice.

The left notices.

In the primaries, that is why former Vice President Biden did so badly.

But for some reason, the ladies in South Carolina decided to save him.

You would have to ask them why they made that decision. (Apparently, they did not have a problem with those quotations, including his condescending remarks about candidate Barack Obama.)

In 2020, all was forgiven for the guy who was able (reputedly) to defeat The Donald.

You should try not to be so sensitive.

Also, repubs playing the race card is a large part of why Biden is our president.

It gets old.

Democrats are looked upon as liars because of replies like this. It's also what's behind the accusations of the left holding double standards. At the very least, it's an example of this posters intellectual dishonesty.

Why did you tag townhall dot com?

Look at my African-American over there!

Do you think 'the powers that be' will select another elderly person for the next president, if we make it that far?

Townhall.com
@townhallcom

512BFE9D-3879-44C5-867B-E019AC56E02F.gif

Townhall.com
@townhallcom

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....Wow! Another moronic, dishonest thread from @KLATTU What a surprise!

And actually, it's President Biden who didn't deserve such an horrible hit-job by this OPINION writer from the rightwing rag (Townhall).

Of course, Biden did NOT say they "look like they can play basketball". That's just your bigoted brain playing tricks on you again, @KLATTU. Biden just noted that the 2 Democratic congressmen with him (both former football players) looked like they could still play....and that the GOP Congressman with him (a former Navy pilot) looks like he could still perform his former job as well.

The fact that fauxnews sources like Townhall....and their low-info readers (like you)....need to do hatchet jobs on their political opponents only indicates that they have nothing of substance to say.

Democrats are looked upon as liars because of replies like this. It's also what's behind the accusations of the left holding double standards. At the very least, it's an example of this posters intellectual dishonesty.
Your use of adjectives causes me to wonder if this post is directed at me, democrats or yourself.

Regardless. Your opinion is noted.

The left notices.

In the primaries, that is why former Vice President Biden did so badly.

But for some reason, the ladies in South Carolina decided to save him.

You would have to ask them why they made that decision. (Apparently, they did not have a problem with those quotations, including his condescending remarks about candidate Barack Obama.)

In 2020, all was forgiven for the guy who was able (reputedly) to defeat The Donald.
:rolleyes:...the above discussion between @SkyChief and @TheParser only illustrates how detached from the rest of America most people on the Right really are.

In reality, the "left" simply understands the difference between words and actions. The right is much too shallow and lazy for that sort of exercise in (basic) critical thinking.

The "left" understands the difference between inarticulate (even to the point of being offensive) WORDS from a politician.....and POLICES and/or BEHAVIOR that are ACTUALLY racially discriminatory.

The right, because so many of them are tolerant (if not embracive) of racist policies and/or behavior.....are ALWAYS looking for ways to argue that "the left" is just as racist as they are.....and that "liberals" are the "real racists" in our society, etc. etc.

In the '16 presidential primaries, South Carolinians voted for Biden based on his track record over the years. Similarly, Jim Clyburn endorsed Biden because he knows the man. The ONLY people who seriously believe Biden is a racist....are the bigoted and/or racist white-grievance types who supported Donald Trump.

As for the Biden quotes, listed above....some are partial/inaccurate, and some are accurate. All have been well-documented about Joe Biden since his earliest presidential campaign in '88. The ONLY people who seemed to think they were "bombshell" disclosures....were the bigots and racists on the Right. And the fact that you white-grievance types are STILL obsessed about that is testimony to how little there is for you people to criticize about him.

But NOTICE....NO ONE from the white-grievance crowd has EVER pretended to argue that Trump is not a racist. They ONLY want to argue that liberals (in this case Biden) are "just as racist" and/or "no better than us". That's the real "tell".

Joe Biden is a politician who has evolved over time, from being an honorary member of the Southern Democratic Caucus (when he came to Congress 50 years ago and opposed school busing and forced desegregation, etc.)....to the moderate liberal that he has shown himself to be (by both words and ACTIONS) over the last 2+ decades. Intelligent, rational people see that, and understand it. White-grievance ideologues....are simply are neither willing, nor capable of that level of realism or pragmatism.

Conservatives (who comprise the vast majority of the white-grievance faction of the public)....simply do not understand what Racism is...and what it is NOT.

You people seem to be almost completely amoral when it comes to politics and your white-grievance agenda.

But you're still the bigots and racists amongst us. We all know that.

Watching blacks support Biden is like watching Jews support Hitler.

Make no sense and leaves you baffled.

Conservatives (who comprise the vast majority of the white-grievance faction of the public)....simply do not understand what Racism is...and what it is NOT.
We should all be grateful for people like you to educate us on racism!!
You just know SO much -and are so wonderful. I strive to be like you, but alas, I doubt I'll ever get there.:(

Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Colin Allred was a linebacker for the Tennessee Titans. Marc Veasey was a sportswriter.

Both of them also play for the Democratic Congressional Baseball team. Here's a picture of Veasey and Biden at the game together:

Veasey_Biden.jpg

We should all be grateful for people like you to educate us on racism!!
:rolleyes:....says the guy whose EVERY post expresses either (1) racial bigotry, or (2) white-grievance/"reverse racism" drivel.

"We" should be thankful that people like me are here to address the fact-free, emotions/feelings-based racial drivel of people like you.

You just know SO much -and are so wonderful. I strive to be like you, but alas, I doubt I'll ever get there.:(
Seriously?

Pro Tip for you, @KLATTU:

Start by posting FACTS, and then be ready, willing and able to back up those FACTS with credible, verifiable stats/data/quotes/links/etc.

That's what a substantive political debate is all about.

But that's asking too much of you, the LEAST you can do is stop whining when people correct and/or criticize your ignorant fact-free white-grievance FEELINGS and OPINIONS on this board.

Back
Top Bottom