• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is why men die more than women.

dirtpoorchris

King of Videos
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Anxiety just by watching....

I jump out of planes for fun but I would hesitate to do this. Maybe if it was a little more sturdy and had a harness.

Hell no. Never in a million years would I ever do that.

I can handle roller coasters, but that's on a entirely different level of crazy.

I would do it with a safety harness of some kind, just hands like he's doing? hell no.

**** no. I like living.

Although...

*puts on nerd hat*

Technically, men don't die more. I'm pretty sure there are no immortal women. :mrgreen:

And at least in the 21st century with far fewer people doing highly dangerous work, the largest part of the life expectancy gap is actually biological. High levels of estrogen seem to have a positive impact on cell repair and immune function.

...And that gap is also narrowing at least temporarily, due to the fact that we now have a generation of overweight, chronically stressed women who were developing heart problems before we knew that women often have silent cardiac disease (whereas men's symptoms tend to be a lot more dramatic, and therefore we spotted them more easily and began treatment sooner).

Just, ya know... In case anyone cares.

*nerd wanders away*

Re the title, I'm certain the mortality rate is still 100 per cent for both sexes. ;)

Re the video, you can practically hear some of his neighbors say, "Damn it, there goes Colin again. You just know he's trying to cop a peek in our bedroom windows."

Re any thought of me doing something like that, no, thank you.

How has he built this and yet I had to get planning permission for my new fence.

Back
Top Bottom