• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is where we are..........

Oceandan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Taken from a FB post .......
I WANT MY FREE STUFF!

The folks who are getting the free stuff don't like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff.

And the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop.

And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now... the people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist.

So... the people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.

Now understand this. All great democracies have committed financial suicide somewhere between 200 and 250 years after being founded. The reason?

The voters figured out they could vote themselves money from the treasury by electing people who promised to give them money from the treasury in exchange for electing them.

The United States officially became a Republic in 1776, that is 236 years ago. The number of people now getting free stuff outnumbers the people paying for the free stuff. Failure to change that spells the end of the United States as we know it.

ELECTION 2014 IS COMING

A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Thank you to "I am the TEA PARTY" for the post on FB.

This about sums it up in my humble opinion. Look at Detroit, or the cities in CA who've declared bankruptcy.

Either we change course quickly, or we are heading for financial disaster.

I think the democrats have been far more effective at buying votes over the years than the Republicans. They have simply been better at playing the game of politics.

I would concur with that assessment!

The two-party system is entirely corrupt and fused at the hip. Regardless of who we elect, the same things happen. Policy becomes more aggressive, Constitutional rights are trampled over, pointless wars are continued, the government grants itself more power and sometimes behind the peoples' backs.

They may look different at first glance, but all they really are is two heads of the same beast advocating for the infringement of different parts of the Constitution.

I WANT MY FREE STUFF!

The folks who are getting the free stuff don't like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff.

And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now... the people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist.

So... the people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.

Now understand this. All great democracies have committed financial suicide somewhere between 200 and 250 years after being founded. The reason?

The voters figured out they could vote themselves money from the treasury by electing people who promised to give them money from the treasury in exchange for electing them.

The United States officially became a Republic in 1776, that is 236 years ago. The number of people now getting free stuff outnumbers the people paying for the free stuff. Failure to change that spells the end of the United States as we know it.

ELECTION 2014 IS COMING

This about sums it up in my humble opinion. Look at Detroit, or the cities in CA who've declared bankruptcy.

I whole heatedly agree..

Just look at the amount of Free Stuff Government is giving to the Wall Street, Banks and most of multi-conglomerates corporation in terms tax breaks and subsidies. Basically stealing from the mouth of Middle Class to pay the fat cats. We have essentially formed a fascist system where the corporations are in conclusions with the government to take from the middle Class and feed the 1% class.

A good example would be tea party organization like Americans for prosperity funded by Koch and freedomworks funded by Matt Kibb who drum up poppet candidates and dump billion into elections (small sum in comparison the obscene amount of return) to make sure the constant flow of free stuff from the Middle Class to the 1% would not be interrupted by such inconveniences such as people waking up and bear witness to largest highway rubbery and flogging of the middle Class by the free loading 1% and corporations they represent.

Diving Mullah

What Diving Mullah said. Contrary to Ayn Rand's twisted view of reality, the productive classes are the people who actually make things of value or perform services of intrinsic value, rather than the people who move money around. However, inevitably, once money becomes equated with wealth, the people moving the money around become the wealthiest, and the people actually doing the producing get less and less money in the process.

I think the democrats have been far more effective at buying votes over the years than the Republicans. They have simply been better at playing the game of politics.

Republicans have been pretty darned successful at that game as they have held the POTUS for more than half my life. Why do you think that large companies keep getting more and more corporate welfare?

Republicans have been pretty darned successful at that game as they have held the POTUS for more than half my life. Why do you think that large companies keep getting more and more corporate welfare?

"corporate welfare"........yet ANOTHER invented term by liberals in order to form what in their minds is a valid argument for continued failure.

Please please please explain for me how a tax break is the same as someone getting a check from the federal government? I know I know it's all about "fair share".

Liberals keep doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.

Let me put it another way, what's the FIRST thing every single economic development team that's worth it's salt do to attract business? Yep....your definition of "corporate welfare".

Liberals would much rather we taxed business as high as they can because they seek to punish business. Then in the next breath they turn around and bemoan the fact wages are falling while prices are rising.

Here's your sign!!!

I don't think they get corporate welfare. In fact the term doesn't work for me at all. If you mean tax incentives then I'm against them too.

I don't think they get corporate welfare. In fact the term doesn't work for me at all. If you mean tax incentives then I'm against them too.

Now this statement I'd agree. Flat tax, consumption tax, whatever you want to call it. Everyone pays the same and it's capped forever. In addition the federal government MUST operate with a balanced budget using REAL world accounting methods.

Tax incentives, as opposed to using the bastardized "corporate welfare" is nothing more than crony capitalism. ie: Jeffery Lure and GM, a huge supporter of the present administration, filing a 10,000 page return and paying zero in corporate taxes.

I do however support no taxing of savings or investments. The flow of capital, when it originates from the private sector leads directly to national wealth. This in turn provides more opportunity for all.

Weird...I have no problem affording everything I want with money left over. I also no problem with the tax rates as they are.

The only people wanting a free ride to me are those that want everything the US provides and don't want to pay for it.

I WANT MY FREE STUFF!

ELECTION 2014 IS COMING

So cut them off. Let them starve to death. Who cares what happens to these worthless good for nothings. They deserve not one single thing. Bums!

So cut them off. Let them starve to death. Who cares what happens to these worthless good for nothings. They deserve not one single thing. Bums!

This is where liberals always go, because it's liberals who in fact are filled with hatred.

The solution is not to, as you so childishly suggest, let them starve to death. The solution is create jobs, not a government dependency program that will fail by design. The challenge is, every correct action that will rectify the situation is so demagogued by liberals, it's never enacted. So we continue down this path to self destruction.

Play your political games if you must, it's going to get ugly when those checks from the government start being reduced or halted completely. I hope you're prepared.

This is where liberals always go, because it's liberals who in fact are filled with hatred.

The solution is not to, as you so childishly suggest, let them starve to death. The solution is create jobs, not a government dependency program that will fail by design. The challenge is, every correct action that will rectify the situation is so demagogued by liberals, it's never enacted. So we continue down this path to self destruction.

Play your political games if you must, it's going to get ugly when those checks from the government start being reduced or halted completely. I hope you're prepared.

And all Republicans do is chastise the Dems. I thought the Repubs main concern was jobs? Really?

And all Republicans do is chastise the Dems. I thought the Repubs main concern was jobs? Really?

Don't confuse republicans with those wishing to solve the challenges. The republican establishment is just as bad as the liberals.

Back
Top Bottom