• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is what "liberty" looks like.

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
This was a scene from the Texas senate today, where reactions against the anti-abortion bill have been fierce.

This was a scene from the Texas senate today, where reactions against the anti-abortion bill have been fierce.

You mean Republican Liberty?

I'd like to hear the pro-life comments about "bald eagles" and "leather wallets."

Your views on the abortion issue aside, can anyone agree with this woman's 1st amendment rights being denied? If the government has given themselves the power to silence anyone who disagrees with them, this is truly the end of American freedom.

She'll probably get a call from Obama. ;)

FWIW, there were hundreds that spoke calmly, courteously and politely.

This is the reason there was a special session called.....belligerent, nasty Liberals.

Liberals speaking of liberty makes me sick.

That's because they actually care about it and you don't.

on some issues, you might be correct, on other issues, you are way off the mark..... let's not pretend this fairyland where liberals or conservatives are paragons of liberty exists, it doesn't..

That's because they actually care about it and you don't.

I would say that neither liberals or conservatives care about liberty, but they love to pick and choose things to give off the illusion that they do.

Whether it was wrong to end her appearance before the committee is questionable in my opinion. Decorum can be imposed. So at what point could a person get up for 2 minutes and just rage obscenities and extreme accusations at other people?

I don't think that woman crossed the line, but she was racing towards it - so I don't see reason for total outrage at her time being concluded given how off her first personal attack was at one committee member. Requiring a sonogram - which I INTENSELY OPPOSE - does NOT cause a baby to be born blind or with STD eye infections - which was her accusation at one committee member. There also was her comment about "coming after you," for which a person making threats can be stopped from making more.

I do think the chair of a formal government session - at some point - can say "we don't have to take this crap from you anymore" to someone just raging hate obscenities or accusations off-the-chart in decorum and relevancy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom