• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is TRUTH

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Hmm - food as anti-anxiety? That doesn't come across right to me for some reason. Do people eat when they're nervous?

I'd say it's better considered a 'thing to do'

Yes, people eat when they're nervous, stressed out, tired, angry, depressed....

Yes, they do, and the OP is right on. They'd be a lot better off to spend an hour at the gym. That's the best stress reducer that there is. A long, brisk walk works, too.

Hmm - food as anti-anxiety? That doesn't come across right to me for some reason. Do people eat when they're nervous?

They also eat because it is a fast and inexpensive way to become "fulfilled" in a way. Much like sex. Instant gratification. Much faster and easier than working hard to try to obtain a raise at work, much faster and easier than going to school for years to get a fulfilling job. Much faster and easier than practicing sports or arts or any other skill.

l dont or l cant eat anything when l am not in a fine mood

I don't. I completely lose my appetite under those conditions, and if I try to force myself to eat, it comes right back up. :(

l dont or l cant eat anything when l am not in a fine mood

I am the same. I completely lose my appetite whenever I am upset or worried about something, and I literally have to force myself to eat.

I don't. I completely lose my appetite under those conditions, and if I try to force myself to eat, it comes right back up. :(

I can totally relate to that. It's like an effort to even chew the food because it makes you sick. Protein shakes are helpful during those times. They help to expand your stomach if you drink one first thing in the morning and make it easier to tolerate food throughout the day, at least it works for me.

When I'm SUPER sad, I won't eat well.

My trigger is when my brain is just too busy thinking about 18 things at once. I'll think to myself, "I've been working so hard - I deserve this ginormous ice cream sundae." And then the next day I'll remember how good it was and want another one. And the beat goes on...

I'll be honest - I use food in the way most people use alcohol or tobacco.

I'm the same way. Depression and/or sadness = not eating or throwing up.

I am the same. I completely lose my appetite whenever I am upset or worried about something, and I literally have to force myself to eat.

I do the same thing. When I am under extreme emotional stress, the weight starts dropping off, and I have to force myself to eat, and I also drink supplements between meals. I can't tell you how many people over the years have remarked "I'd love to be as tiny as you", but I calmly explain to them that they don't want to practice my weight loss program, because it really sucks.

I do the same thing. When I am under extreme emotional stress, the weight starts dropping off, and I have to force myself to eat, and I also drink supplements between meals. I can't tell you how many people over the years have remarked "I'd love to be as tiny as you", but I calmly explain to them that they don't want to practice my weight loss program, because it really sucks.

The same here. When I'm physically ill, I can't eat a thing either. I manage to maintain my weight pretty well regardless. The protein shakes and supplements are very helpful to help increase your appetite and maintain a healthy weight too, so I do those too, like you.

The last time I lost a lot of weight, I was ill with a UTI, which was about a year and a half ago. I lost about 15 pounds of weight because it took me so long to gain back my appetite, but I'm pretty much back to where I've always been now.

I also find that just making what you think you can actually eat and not trying to force it TOO much helps. For instance, I will eat a half a piece of toast with jam along with my protein shake in the morning.

I know that it's tempting to not eat anything at all when you're sick sometimes, physically or emotionally, but just eating little meals throughout the day really does to help make you feel better, give you more energy and help to maintain your weight. :)

Lol! I'm sure you know all this already, but maybe somebody else needs some tips!

What about us drunks?

When I stress, I don't eat. It's a major undertaking to eat a full meal.

I'll snack a bit on fairly healthy things because I know I have to eat, but food is the last thing I want to think about under stress.

I wonder if stress = not eating is mainly a female phenomenon. I just don't know that many guys that quit eating when things get tough for them. My wife is the same way, she gets stressed and basically shuts down. She won't eat, won't sleep, etc..... There have only been a handful of times where stress kept me up at night and I've never once stopped eating due to stress/sadness.

My advice to my wife when she seems stressed or angry is to tell her to go for a run or go to the gym for a bit, which I do all the time. On the occasions she actually listens to me, it works every time. She comes back in a better mood and everybody benefits. Cause when the wife/mom has a bad day, no one else is going to be allowed to have a good day.

Every year I run the local half marathon, and this year I convinced her to train for it and run it too and she has been in a much better mood this summer. Every time she runs a little further than the last time, you can tell how proud she is of herself for accomplishing something new.

Whether it triggers excessive eating, no eating at all, or something else, stress is not good for thehuman body. Stress is a flight or fight response to something that can't be solved by either fight or flight. The body releases adrenaline, increasing heart rate and respiration and so on.

But, you probably knew that.

The best response is neither eating nor fasting, but engaging in some sort of strenuous activity. In the old days, people would go out to the woodshed and use the ax for a useful purpose, maybe while pretending that the target is not wood, but the source of the stress. It was quite therapeutic.
Nowadays, most people don't have woodsheds or axes, but they can still go jogging, ride a bike, go to the gym, or some other sort of strenuous exercise. It's still therapeutic.

I eat when I'm bored or depressed; when I'm anxious I lose all appetite. Apart from that, the OP holds some good general truth.

I eat when I'm bored or depressed; when I'm anxious I lose all appetite. Apart from that, the OP holds some good general truth.

I agree..when you are lovelorn..you eat nothing..One coffee and a fag..(ps..mods..a fag means a cigarette in England!!)..

I agree..when you are lovelorn..you eat nothing..One coffee and a fag..(ps..mods..a fag means a cigarette in England!!)..
Faggot = small stick. Fag = small cancer stick. Pants = underpants. Trousers = pants. England = rotten weather questionable food.

Faggot = small stick. Fag = small cancer stick. Pants = underpants. Trousers = pants. England = rotten weather questionable food.

Yes..a faggot can mean a bundle of sticks to light a fire..we eat faggots..they are small parcels of meat eaten with a sauce...

He he..hope you've got your fanny pack on!!!

America.. spray on cheese..the home of fast foods...questionable political motives??

Yes..a faggot can mean a bundle of sticks to light a fire..we eat faggots..they are small parcels of meat eaten with a sauce...

He he..hope you've got your fanny pack on!!!

America.. spray on cheese..the home of fast foods...questionable political motives??
I try not to look like an American when outside the US. I try not to act like one either. And there's no question about our political motives, we're nuts.

Back
Top Bottom